It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcanic eruption may be linked to quakes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Volcanic eruption may be linked to quakes

www.theglobeandmail.com

Scientists are setting up seismographs in a wilderness region of the British Columbian Interior Wednesday to determine if a pending volcanic eruption is the cause of hundreds of small earthquakes the area has been experiencing non-stop since last week.

John Cassidy of the Geological Survey of Canada said the region surrounding the remote volcano, known as the Nazko Cone, has experienced a "swarm" of over two dozen quakes a day since Oct. 10.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Funny... I've never put the words "volcano" and "Canada" into the same thought, let alone sentence.

BTW, since these are in-land quakes they should be unrelated to the little shake that went off down south recently. These aren't fault quakes. They are thinking these are being caused by magma movement.

www.theglobeandmail.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Old news my Canuck friend. That correlation has been around for some years now. But thanks for article.
Peace.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
You like this quote from the article, eh?:

Brian Wear, the president of Lightweight Advanced Volcanic Aggregates mining company, said five crew were currently working at the quarry and said that they plan to keep it open. The basalt and black pumice the company mines is used in construction projects across the country, he said.

"I like volcanoes, but most of my volcanology knowledge comes from being in this business for 21 years. I don't think this will put me out of business. If anything it will build inventory up for me," he said.

Take off, ya hoser!

You think the lava will have to cool off for a while before they can mine it, eh?

[edit on 18-10-2007 by goosdawg]

top topics

join