It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Colbert For President?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Would you vote for him? Hell I would vote for him every single year he ran even if it was 10 years in a row. Why? All of our past presidents suck! This dude is mad smart and has our back (as citizens).

Stephen, you have my vote.

UPDATE: Stephen Colbert May Run for President -- South Carolina TV Invites Him to Kick Off Bid

By E&P Staff

Published: October 11, 2007 10:05 PM ET

NEW YORK Appearing on Larry King's CNN show Thursday night, Stephen Colbert was accused by the host of using the publication of his new book as a platform to run for president. Colbert happily confirmed this, saying that he would likely seek the nomination from both parties.

When King said this was a "cop out," Colbert, host of his own talk show, The Colbert Report on Comedy Central, said that it actually demonstrated true "courage" because "I could lose twice."

But he would still consider a double campaign: "I'd let the people decide what party I belong in, Larry. I don't dictate the people's actions."

Full Article:
www.editorandpublisher.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
this pisse sme off i like colbert, but this is complete horse#~~~

RON PAUL, and everyone knows it!!!

RON Paul in 08

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i would rather have john stewart than colbert he's funny and all but not as good as stewart

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I find colbert to more hilarious than stewart.

How is picking a political party a way of dictating peoples actions, choosing your party it a personal choice..

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
He is running! He announced it on The Colbert Report last night. Though, IMO, this is just an obvious joke and should only be taken as a joke. Then again, anything can happen (Man of the Year?!)

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Guy’s he’s only running in South Carolina, not nation wide. I think he’s only running to show what a joke the whole American election has become. He’s just continuing his and Stewarts satire on the “cluster-&*^% to the white house ’08.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think he just wants to win one delegate so he can have a show around it at the convention.

My personal feelings on the guy are inconclusive, his layers are many and it is rare when you get a real emotional read on him.

A couple reads where when O'Reilly yelled at him, he went into fear and then a kind of lower posturing that was a bit of submission.

He allowed the owner of the media company (he called him the crypt keeper) to make him stand up and move when he said Simon says, the owner was showing his puppeteering.

Although his comment on the tasering of 'don't taz me bro' guy he showed a emotional dislike of all those that sat and did nothing.

He is a tough one though, he wears that ego well, yet it seems to be the way he wishes he could act, but doing it with a different agenda.

A few of my observations, although I have to say I only watch him occasionally.

One more instance, Balls of Steel when he roasted Bush at the News correspondence dinner.

The Hindenburg

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
sorry but there's already an ongoing discussion on this topic found here

Stephen Colbert is running for President

please add your thoughts and comments to the above linked thread.
thread closed.

top topics

join