It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Find a nice picture of the Northstar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hi -

From time to time I am honored to receive information from professional sources about topics which the public debate. In some cases, topics which have been debated for years.

I don't know why. Maybe I'm feeling generous or guilty. But I thought I'd actually try and contribute instead of just cracking jokes on the boards or whatever, so I will submit one piece of hazy information which I know to be fact for all the conspiricy theorists to figure out.

See the forest for the trees. LOOK at the northstar and do some research on it. Ask yourself the question, "Why is there not one clear picture of the 3rd brightest visible object in our sky or the signifigant objects near it?".

I'll check back in a week or so. I expect to find more questions than answers, as well as some serious realization - especially from those interested in Nasa cover ups and the potential for alien life. Hopefully people will start vocalizing some obvious concerns?

Cheers,
Joe

[edit on 17-10-2007 by jbecker]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jbecker

Polaris (The North Star) is not the third brightest star. It is not even among the 10 brightest stars in the Northern hemisphere, nor is it even among the 25 brightest stars visible from Earth (from both hemispheres)

Oh, and here is a clear picture of it:
Polaris Pic

Edited to fix link and spelling

[edit on 10/17/2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I've taken many photos of it as well.
They aren't accessible to me at the moment, but will be later.

Shall I post em?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Please actually read my post. Also, your link provides no picture.

Regardless, with all the missions and pictures of planets - which we cannot normally see from earth [without calculated prediction of appearance] why is there only one clear hubble picture of the star and it's closest neighbor?

Cheers,
Joe

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jbecker

I did read your post. I don't understand the NASA cover-up to which you are referring. Please provide more detailed information.

By the way, here are more links with more Photos of Polaris:
external Link

external link

external link

external link

EDIT:
added another link.

[edit on 10/17/2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Okay, so you read my post. Maybe it's that you don't understand the english language.

I didn't say that it was the 3rd brightest star. Please read my post.

Secondly, I'm asking for a clear picture (i.e. some actual high resolution observation) of the star and its neighboring objects. Yes, there are 12 pixel pictures like the ones you provided. That's not what I referenced (again, please read my post).

Cheers,
Joe

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jbecker

Your OP reads like a riddle. Not sure if that was your intent.

Wondering where you're going with this myself.

Are you suggesting that not all meets the eye? Or that there's something near Polaris that's being kept secret by NASA?

[edit on 17-10-2007 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
www.physorg.com...

is this what you're alluding to?

There's More to the North Star Than Meets the Eye

learn something new everyday, I had no idea it wasn't a singular star.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Super closeup.

EDIT: click the high res link. Awesome pic!

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
No.

Look :

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Northstar??? Note, you're all posting the same few pictures.

Seriously, gotta go to bed and will have very little time to respond for at least a week.

Cheers,
Joe

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
are you questioning why there isn't as high of quality pictures of Polaris and its companians like the images you linked?

what?? and don't tell me find the Northstar and then answer back with "Northstar???"

and maybe we wouldn't post the same picture if we could understand exactly what it is you think is going on and what we should be looking for.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Man this hurts my mind, It asks for pictures of Polaris, but he comes back with pictures of planets that have been photographed and such. Doesn't make sense, but PhotonEffect Thank you for an image Super-close of Polaris!

Their probably aren't many high resolutions due to the fact their is light being emitted and depending on the type of telescope your using. You can either A.) Kill the image even more or B.) Kill it only slightly to where the pictures are still usable.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Ok i could be crazy but zoom in real far on the hi res on of the 3 stars and look at what seems to be the smallest star on the top but its not its much larger when you zoom in and it looks like the light is just barley reflecting off of it kinda creepy. The only thing i can say is its gotta be the Borg sphere... seriously look

Edit- My bad i didn't read the Smithsonian page its a artists rendering

[edit on 17-10-2007 by localjoe]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
Super closeup.

EDIT: click the high res link. Awesome pic!

There is more to Polaris than meets the eye - two faint stellar companions. The North Star is actually a triple star system. And while one companion (at top in this artist's concept)

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

The only planet he left out was Venus. Maybe it's something to do with that. It's the third brightest object in the sky, Sun, Moon, Venus.

However the third brightest object in the NIGHT sky is:

ISS

...according to NASA.

So despite the slightly 'snippy' comments and 'I'll be back in a week', his question is ambiguous.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbecker
Ask yourself the question, "Why is there not one clear picture of the 3rd brightest visible object in our sky or the signifigant objects near it?".

I didn't say that it was the 3rd brightest star.

Do you mean Venus?

Venus would be the 3rd brightest 'object' in the sky, if you want to get technical.

App. Mag. Celestial object
-26.73 Sun (449,000x brighter than full moon)
-12.6 Full Moon
-4.7 Maximum brightness of Venus
-3.9 Faintest objects observable during the day with naked eye
-2.9 Maximum brightness of Mars
-2.8 Maximum brightness of Jupiter
-1.9 Maximum brightness of Mercury
-1.47 Brightest star (except for the sun) at visible wavelengths: Sirius
-0.7 Second brightest star: Canopus

en.wikipedia.org...

And if you leave out the sun , one of the other planets rises to "3rd Brightest visible object in our sky."

None of the planets are in the vicinity of the North Star.

Maybe you can, at least, clarify your question, cuz you've certainly got me confused.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
[deleted]
ABOUT ATS: Warnings for one-line or short responses

[edit on 10-17-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
ah!

Perhaps the OP meant Morningstar?
As you guys were saying:
Venus..planet of confusion.

There sure aren't many clear pics of Venus' surface.
too much atmosphere.
Just radar mappings from Orbit..

And a few pics taken Of the surface, FROM the surface, first by Venera 13
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

If you didn't mean Venus..please elaborate on what you DO mean..

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Implosion

Sorry. Didn't realize it was an artist's rendition. Still a cool picture though.

But now I'm wondering. Is Polaris really a planet? Does this "star" have an atmosphere and a moon?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbecker
Seriously, gotta go to bed and will have very little time to respond for at least a week.

Good. Perhaps a little sleep will allow you to make a coherent post so we can tell what you're on about.

If you're referring to Venus then perhaps you'll find what you want at the Venus Express Mission Website.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join