It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wedding in 10 days,got cold feet,need help!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Maybe. I think I'll call my fellow alum from Indiana University, Cam Cameron, who's currently the head coach of the Miami Dolphins and...

Wait. That might not be the way to go.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
First of all congratulations

Actually found it quite funny you posted. Ive never been there but I hear its natural so all I can say is stop thinking about it negativley, make sure you are thinking of it all going great.. change those bad thoughts soon as you see them.

Even if you do slightly mess up on a vowel somewhere its all good! we are all human with a sense of humour.

I bet you will find you get there and had nothing to worry about and all gos lovely. If you do feel the sweats comming on, try the 'imagining everyone naked' trick, thats supposed to be pretty good. haha..

Peace!

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Just relax my man. Sure the first marriage, both the ceremony and the actual marriage is a little stressful. But rest assured that the second and third times around are really nice and familiar.

If you think marriages are stressful; wait till you try an ugly divorce.

Good Luck!!

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
At the event, keep your focus of attention on your soon to-be wife. Sure you can wave a few times into the crowd, but as soon as the priest/minister starts talking, imagine the whole room is empty, except the minister and your wife.

I think your fear is similar to people who don't like speaking publicly in large crowds. The fear comes that they will worry what others are thinking about them, and if they make a mistake, then others will know it. In weddings, the mistakes are hardly caused by the groom or bride, but usually caterers. Since the minister will be doing most of the talking, just remember what to say for your vows and "I do," when you're asked if you want to marry her. Everyone else will play their part for the wedding, and it will go fine as planned

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

I did it ..... it wasn't difficult at all. It was the last year that was the hardest, the 12th year. That's when my husband started hanging out with losers from work on his baseball team and became involved in drugs!

I was somewhat nervous but dove right in and those 11 years were wonderfull!

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
I've heard about men fainting at the alter and such,I so dont want that to be me.

Consciouly bend your knees a little bit when you stand up there. I learned this trick in boot camp. When you are nervous you tend to go rigid and lock your knees. Blood flow stops. Down you go. Unlock the knees and the blood keeps going. One less thing to worry about.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well im down to 5 days to go.
Im feeling better about things,well at least for now,lol.
Im going to make it through this I suppose.
So I want to thank everyone for their advice/help.
It has helped,and made me laugh as well.
I was nice of you all to take the time to help,I appreciate it.
And thanks for all the congrats as well.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by Black_Fox]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Good Luck Black_Fox!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
Well im down to 5 days to go.
Im feeling better about things,well at least for now,lol.
Im going to make it through this I suppose.
So I want to thank everyone for their advice/help.
It has helped,and made me laugh as well.
I was nice of you all to take the time to help,I appreciate it.
And thanks for all the congrats as well.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by Black_Fox]

ok, you must have missed it but your fiance posted somewhere on BTS that she was getting married soon and she thought her foon to be hubby was going to get spooked and we needed to convince him he was up to the task.

so, with only a few days left, we did what we promised. As she's now seen this, we can be honest.

Run.

like hell.

don't stop.

ever.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Ahhh..... Well since it's time to be honest here.....

The sentimental side of me needs to come out. Marriage. Yeah! You get to exchange vows with your life partner in front of the god you worship. Family and friends stand and applaud as you are announced as Mr. & Mrs. Black_Fox for the first time.

Your life is about to change. Ah yes, marriage will do that.
Yep, no longer will you have an extra penny to your name.
Suddenly she will be using the term 'It's Mine' alot. Even on things you've had for a long time.
Nights out with the guys will be a distant memory.
Your favorite comfy shirt with the stains and rips in it will suddenly disappear.
The answer you're currently used to getting when you ask "Hey Babe, Ya in the mood?" will change.
In a little while you will be known as the laziest man in the world no matter what you do.

Oh yeah can you say HALF.

Marriage. Ah what a wonderful thing!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join