It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wedding in 10 days,got cold feet,need help!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
OK,heres the deal,im getting married in exactly 10 days.
And its occured to me,that im nervous as hell.
Cold feet basically.
Anyone have any good ideas how to get through this?
Im open to suggestions.
Thanks ahead of time for any help.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
What's there to be nervous about? Weren't you and your mate together for a long time already? Why is it that a little social institution (marriage) can make you so nervous? It's really silly (marriage), in my point of view. Why do people feel the need to be legally/religiously bounded? Sure it is nice and all, but still. I don't get it (although, I do desire to marry my girlfriend). A strange thing this is. My best advice for you is to not be so nervous, as you have been with your counterpart for quite awhile, right? Maybe you are worried about messing up something
. I think, though, the bride had more to worry about.

Good luck and congratulations

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Calm down and do this. Think about what has happened to bring you to this glorious day in your life. Your wedding day! You obviously thought this thru and talk with your bride at length. You have invested alot of time with her. You know each other in and out. Stick to your wedding plan and have an excellent wedding!

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
BlackFox is it the marriage itself you have cold feet about, or the ceremony in front of people?Do you love her without a doubt?
Nervousness is natural by the way. Try to just focus on her,Of course iam assuming you are male here,and nothing else.This is a day for you both to celebrate your love, nothing else.Do not let anyone or anything interfere with that.
Relax, take a deep breath, and just look at her...how beautiful she is in that dress, and let the rest of the world around you dissolve away.
Good luck my friend.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Jennifer Wilbanks says run, flee, hide!!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
what are you more nervous about the relationship or the actual event?

If it's just the event that is giving you the butterflies, remember it's a party!!! You won't mess up, and if you do so what? Just have fun, and enjoy the day.

if you're scared about the relationship, then I'd suggest thinking back to what made you agree to this in the first place, the good times, etc and concentrate on your love for each other, if you can't find the love or any good times.........then yeah run..

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I thank you all for the well wishes and advice.
Believe it or not,your advice helps.
The cold feet are basically stemming from the actual event itself.
I have faith in the fact i've found the right woman.
But,its the dredding standing in front of 200-300 people during the ceremony,that has me on edge.
I've heard about men fainting at the alter and such,I so dont want that to be me.
Its the thought of having everyone staring at me and hoping I dont screw up on my vows.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
keep yourself hydrated with WATER
don't overdo it the night before

make sure you eat something that you eaten before and know it can stay down

and just go with the flow... it's HER BIG Day

and Congratulations to You Both.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
anxiety?

9 out of 10 junkies recommend Xanax.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
i was nervous about the ceremony too.
i only had my mother and son there so we switched up the seating a bit.
we had all her famly sit behind me instead of her so they could not see me(really so i coiuldn't see them).
i had my mom and son sit behind her but over to where i couldn't see them either.

worked out pretty good for me.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Exactly. Dude, you're the groom. No one cares about you. You're little more than a prop. It's all about the bride. And her mother (but that's a whole other deal). Just be there. Beyond that, everything will take care of itself. Trust me.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I think that it's pretty common to have this type of nervousness right before the big event.

I've talked with a number of guys who've expressed similar views.

To me, getting married and having kids was the best thing that ever happened in my life. You'll have some ups and downs but if you look at the statistics about health and happiness, married folks are far ahead of single folks.

Like everything else in life this too is an adventure. You don't get anything unless you're willing to take some risk and this is probably a risk worth taking.

So, buck up and have a great life.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Simple solution.

Equip best man with airline barf bag, and have him ready to grab you in the event of fainting.

Oh yeah, bungee cords. Word up.

HTH.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Just be yourself, man. Be the same guy you've been to get you to this point. Be the same person that she fell in love with.

Those people are just there. Don't worry about them. The bride stands out, not the groom (no offense). All eyes will be on her. People pay attention to other people's emotions. Women are naturally more emotional than men, so people will be looking at her.

Just pretend they aren't even there, and read your vows the same way you'd tell her how you feel about her when it's just you two alone. I mean, someone in the crowd isn't going to stand up and make fun of you. So it doesn't even matter what they're thinking to themselves.

Just be yourself and mentally make it so that it's just you two. Like you're in your own world.

Good luck and congratulations!

[edit on 10/18/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Relax my good man. It's all good. My wedding was an old fashioned Christian wedding with the typical service. The priest talks you through it so you don't mess up. It was like a blur. It seemed like it was over before it started. It was a great day. You will absolutely enjoy it. You want to know the thing that was the worst?
I cried a little when I saw my wife walk down the aisle towards me. My best man never let's me forget that.............

Enjoy the day! I hope that you share a long, fruitful life together.

Oh, and lot's of alcohol helps too.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Here's something my best man suggested prior to the wedding. "Let's grab the driver and get out of here. We can be in New Orleans in a day."

Ok, that was bad advice for most so let me tell you the second thing he said. "when you're up there, standing still for an hour or so, make sure you move your legs a bit. Rock, or bend your knees slightly to ensure blood flow." I thought he was just messing with me but my wife almost fainted towards the end of the ceremony and my best man moved in, whispered to us to rock or sway a bit and then she was fine. Well, as fine as she could be knowing that marrying me was the second dumbest thing a person could do.

The dumbest? marrying her.

I'd kidding. I kid my wife. She's a good sport, she can take it.

no, honey, I'm kidding. Seriously, marrying me is dumber than marrying you. By a bit but dumber nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Actually my wife did pass out during our Marathon Catholic Ceremony. Man, if you go through one of those, you know you're MARRIED, Jack.

It was our first argument as a married couple, although technically we weren't married yet. She kept leaning over to me saying, "I'm going to pass out". I kept saying "No, you're not".

She won that one, and I think I'm 0 for 4,679.

It's still our favorite part of the wedding video. I've tried to claim it as a loophole in the validity of the proceedings, but that's another one I keep losing.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
She won that one, and I think I'm 0 for 4,679.

I wish you luck in the next one. Time to get things turned around, man!

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Just got off the phone. Make that 0 for 4680.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
EDIT: I apologize for my trolling

Back on topic

[edit on 10/18/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join