It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush warns of World War III if Iran goes nuclear

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
As much as I dislike Bush...i believe this may be a good thing. The less nuclear weapons on this planet, the better PERIOD!. No two ways about it...nobody need to be making anymore WMD's or chemical weapons or anything of that nature. It seems to me we have MORE than enough ways to blow up this planet...maybe if we started using all that money, time , and resources to try and save the planet and its population we'd be a little better off on this damned rock...

[edit on 17-10-2007 by SilentBob86]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentBob86

So it would be ok for say, Russia to make this same type of threat to the US? What if Russia came out and said if the US did not destroy all nukes, then it would start WW3?

It would be just as easy to say that it would be a good thing if every country had nukes. It would make for a level playing field. It would force the sheep to actually pay attention to WHO they allow to hold all the power.

The real truth of the matter is... who is Bush to dictate what others can and can not do? Just because he "thinks" Iran will destroy Israel? Really stop and think about that statement for just a minute. As an example lets say a white man is walking to his car at night in a city. As he walks he comes across a three black men hanging out. The white man catches a glimpse and decides they look like "gangbangers" and he becomes fearful. The white man continues to walk by and nothing happens. Because he became fearful, would that make him a racist? Because he assumed the worst about these black men that he judged based on how they looked? Is this not the exact same thing on a much larger scale? Are we not judging and entire nation of people based on the ethnicity and based on what we "think" they might do?

Fact is, it would be stupid of Iran to nuke Israel. The effect it would have on the rest of the region would be only work against Iran. Nothing good would come of it.

Fact is, the US is being completely hypocritical. Israel, Pakistan, India, the US, Russia, they all have nuclear weapons. Yet Iran can not have nuclear capabilities of ANY kind? Not even for power because they "might" develop a weapon over time?

Bush's statement are totally deplorable and I am shocked anyone can support what he has said. This is all about dominance. It is about control.

Edited to add: In the words of Mr. Bush himself, "Fool me once....shame on.... shame on you. If you fool me you can't get fooled again"

[edit on 17/10/2007 by section8citizen]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by section8citizen

I think it's all about someone being an unhinged drunk that some people still take seriously for reasons unknown to me.

Though, it is disturbing that he does have access to "the button".

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This has been posted several times already.

here is the original thread: www.abovepolitics.com...

Please add you comments to the existing discussion.

Closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join