It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush warns of World War III if Iran goes nuclear

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Bush warns of World War III if Iran goes nuclear

www.breitbart.com

US President George W. Bush said Wednesday that he had warned world leaders they must prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapons "if you're interested in avoiding World War III."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Not that this suprises me, but I find it very disturbing to hear the president of the United States come out and talk about the posibilities of a World War if Iran doesn't give up it's nuclear program. Obviously his intentions are clear.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I applaud him for doing so. Everyone on here keeps talking about the inuendo of world war and he actually came out and has said it could lead to it which is a very real possibility. Iran nukes, Israel and its all on like neckbone. His comments are notice to Russia and China as well to get on board with sanctions. Ther world can prevent this from happening if they want to. They are on notice.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Thanks for the reply.
Whether or not one agree's with Bush and his policy's, one has to give him credit for actually coming out and saying what is really on the minds of most people. World war III is a very REAL threat, and a very REAL possibility that could escalate in the near future. In my opinion this statement re affirm's that the U.S isn't playing around anymore with the Iran issue.
You are indeed right. A warning to the world leader's has been issued. Now it's time for other's to step up to the plate and take charge of the situation on hand before .......well.. before WWIII breaks out.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by highfreq]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
What a drunken idiot. Yes, let's light the world ablaze to save Israel's worthless ass. Good thinking, man.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

Note that not even that would not save Israel.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
WMD:Iraq
WWIII: Iran

This will be the GOP's catch phrase to bulid support for a pre-emptive invasion of Iran. They hope to bulid the same fear they did back in late 2002. This is ridiculous. Iran shouldn't be a major issue for at least 5 years, if not all all.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XFoxMulderX

It would deffinately seem as though the current administration is conditioning the American people for a war with the "evil" Iranians, as they did with the Iraq war. However, do we really want the Iranian's to have nukes?
Or are you of the opinion that the claim is just propoganda?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I think the real question that we should be asking ourselves is-would the temporary prevention of Iran getting nukes be worth a death toll potentially in the millions? I think the answer must be no.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

Whether or not one agree's with Bush and his policy's, one has to give him credit for actually coming out and saying what is really on the minds of most people.

Well put HF. Sounds like Bush is putting all of his cards on the table and telling the world's leaders how it is. To me he is saying "We are going in to remove Iran's nuclear capacity. If you don't like it we'll beat you up too."
Maybe everyone should get out their tin foil hats to keep out the fallout.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

You make a good point. But on the flipside advocates for a war with Iran can use that same arguement. If iran achieves Nuclear capabilities then most likely millions will die as well. i personally feel like this whole issue is a lose-lose situation.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
He is trying the exact same ploys he used to drum up support for invading Iraq.... the threat of a mushroom cloud.

So fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.... who do you believe; a known liar or the IAEA who has pointedly said that there is no evidence that Iran was going after nuclear weapons, and even if they were, they were 5 to 10 years away.

Personally do I think that Iran is going after nuclear weapons? Yes.
Do I believe Iran is a threat to the United States? No.

If bush minor succeeds... the American people are fools and deserve their fate.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

I seriously doubt Iran will use the nukes offensively. Look at Pakistan-an Islamic fundamentalist country if ever there was one-are we concerned about them? Hell no. Only the highest of idiots (who would never be able to run a successful nuclear program in the first place) would authorize the offensive use of nuclear weapons-such a move is certain suicide. But even if we do believe that Iran cannot be trusted with nukes, it must be remembered that any strike against Iran will only temporarily stop her nuclear ambitions.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
What does Iran's choices have to do with the rest of the world? Why, once again, is the U.S. taking the position of the United Nations unless in fact the U.S. is the United Nations? The NWO coalition has it's roots in a historical controvery htat is older than orthodox history. This battle is about more than oil or national sovereignty and Bush does not represent the U.S. when he makes this statement and neither is he the voice of the world so who is he speeaking for?

I challenge every human being to dig deeper into the question of who these people really are notwithstanding bizarre conincidence like Obama being related to both Cheney and Bush and Bush being a decendant of the Queen of England. The Royal families have interests that you and I are not aware of and they follow a legal system that is larger than the law of the land termed Maritime admiralty law and most humans on this earth are no more than commercial products to the people that control it. War is to protect ones rights and geopolitical bouindaries though it's clear our rights are of little concern.

What are these people seeking to protect? Really? What are they motivated to achieve?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
You know, I've been thinking, and I've come to this conclusion.

Iran will never nuke Israel.

Why? Palestinians. They want to protect the Palestinians, they believe Israel occupies that land unrightfully. Would they nuke it? No, they'd destroy what they see as the Palestinian people's rightful land, and heck the radiation would spread all over the middle east.

So Israel being nuked by any Palestinian sympathizer is out of the question.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I agree. This is real life although it seems like a horror movie. Thousands of nukes all over the place and the powers that be changing sides so much it appears as though they are deliberately creating chaos. They set up to tear down.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kacen

You know I honestly never thought of that. Excellent point. Dropping nukes on Israel probably wouldn't do much for the "cause". that is if there true intentions are just to take the land back. However , even though I do agree with you I personally believe the underlining issue is to completely wipe the Israeli's off the map. Not just in a geographical sense, but in the ethnic sense as well.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This is how Bush insured the GOP gets in next time.

He puts out that he intends to invade Iran with the intention of 'saving the world'.

He uses the idea of 'trying to save the world' as a means of gathering support from other nations.

But, just as things get hot, he skillfully negotiates with the neighbouring countries to Iran to build larger military bases there to keep watch over Iran.

The Catch: All the country's have large oil reserves. Although the oil pipeline from Azerbijan is in production, the purpose is to secure the reserves and have influence over the local authorities to ensure supply does not reach the Russian Federation.

The same old companies (including a re-badged Blackwater, DynCorp etc...), gain the contracts to supply protection or help with the 'evaluation' of local forces.

The money-go-round happens again.

The US is thrown into another extended period of discontent.

Oil prices remain high.

Eveyone loses.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by Mr Gunter]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kacen

Sorry, but I think this is as naive as it gets. The return of the Muslim Messiah is to be precipitated by a mass conflict of nuclear proportions. The tiny amount of land that Israel occupies is no deterent to religious zealotry. I'm sure the Shia Iranian's would be willing to sacrifice their Sunni brethren for this lofty goal. Oh, that's right they hate each other anyway!

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Gunter

You bring some interesting thoughts to the table, but with the recent discovery of oil(lot's of oil) under the Caspian sea, I think it will be pretty hard to keep Russia out of the loop. Even if Russia doesn't stand shoulder to shoulder with Iran, they have alot of economic interest's at hand that I don't think they are going to just ignore.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join