It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

computer help people!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hey guys

Right...i am trying to attach a piece of music to an email from Windows Media...is this possible???

I also have AOL media player but dont know how to work it...and if its possible to move the file from WM to AOL MP?

Really need help guys...

cheers
Gryff

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
What format is the music? WMA or MP3? If its MP3 then its universal and can be played on just about every player out there. If its WMA it wont be able to play and youll have to convert it to MP3 using something like DBPowerAMP with the WMA codec. and besides most songs are about 4mb at a good format. Thats too big for most emails to send.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
damn!!!!

*cries like baby*

Wulf sent me a song and i want him to hear my theme song...i canna do it!!!

Piece of AOL infested...XP #e!

*kicks computer and plants claymores*

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I assume you are using AOL, since you mention them in your thread.

I used AOL when I was in the UK, and had no problem sending music files to KayEm in the US.

Just find the file and attach it to your email as if it is just a normal attachment (which it is). I was able to send 10MB file attachments with no problem. (I used dial-up too !)

I never used the AOL player, because it was a pain in the arse. I normally used Realplayer which is available on the net.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I have a question about a media player.

I tried a new thread, but it said that one existed already and this one is what I found, so I'll ask my question here...

How do I change my default media player from Windows Media Player to Winamp ?

I have already downloaded Winamp.

thanks

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
elevatedone > you need to track down the menu item that says "Set Program Access and Defaults". Im running a sliced up copy of XP Pro, and it was at the very top of my All Programs menu on the Start Menu, but it may be slightly different for you. Once there select the radio button for Custom, and hit the downward pointing arrow to the right of it, and scroll to find the media player area. This is a very useful area because you can also set your default browser, email client, Instant Messenger, and even your Java VM.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
elevatedone > you need to track down the menu item that says "Set Program Access and Defaults". Im running a sliced up copy of XP Pro, and it was at the very top of my All Programs menu on the Start Menu, but it may be slightly different for you. Once there select the radio button for Custom, and hit the downward pointing arrow to the right of it, and scroll to find the media player area. This is a very useful area because you can also set your default browser, email client, Instant Messenger, and even your Java VM.

I'm looking... can't see anything ALL PROGRAMS... any other hints or ideas ?

please understand, I'm not very good with PC's

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
elevatedone
Open Winamp.
Hit Ctrl-P for preferences.
Go to "file types" and select the kinds of files you want Winamp to be the default player for. On my version (5.0 Pro) it has buttons to select 'all,' 'audio only,' 'video only,' and 'none.'
That *should* do the trick.

-B.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
elevatedone
Open Winamp.
Hit Ctrl-P for preferences.
Go to "file types" and select the kinds of files you want Winamp to be the default player for. On my version (5.0 Pro) it has buttons to select 'all,' 'audio only,' 'video only,' and 'none.'
That *should* do the trick.

-B.

Thanks, I did that, it still doesn't work though.

What I'm trying to do is , play a internet radio station on my computer, when I click it, it opens Windows Media Player and I get an error message.

here is the site :

www.somafm.com...

I try clicking on " Drone Zone" to listen to it..

and when Windows Media Player comes up I get this :

Cannot play back the file. The format is not supported.

any ideas ?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
elevatedone > I believe thats a shoutcast station, right click on the link you cliked on before to listen, and select Copy Shortcut (in IE) or Copy Link Location (in Mozilla) This copies the locationof the link to the clipboard, then open winamp, right click to bring up the main menu, point over to Play, then to Play URL. A window will pop up with a text box, press Ctrl + V to paste into the box the URL you copied before, and hit the open button. That should get it playing, and to make it much easier to get playing again, bring the main winamp menu up again, drag over to Bookmarks, then to the item on the sub menu called Add Current as Bookmark, to add the current playing station to your winamp bookmarks. With this done you only have to bring up the main menu, drag to bookmarks, and then down to the bookmark created for the station to play that station. May sound kind of complicated, but once you do it a few times it becomes second nature.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
elevatedone > I believe thats a shoutcast station, right click on the link you cliked on before to listen, and select Copy Shortcut (in IE) or Copy Link Location (in Mozilla) This copies the locationof the link to the clipboard, then open winamp, right click to bring up the main menu, point over to Play, then to Play URL. A window will pop up with a text box, press Ctrl + V to paste into the box the URL you copied before, and hit the open button. That should get it playing, and to make it much easier to get playing again, bring the main winamp menu up again, drag over to Bookmarks, then to the item on the sub menu called Add Current as Bookmark, to add the current playing station to your winamp bookmarks. With this done you only have to bring up the main menu, drag to bookmarks, and then down to the bookmark created for the station to play that station. May sound kind of complicated, but once you do it a few times it becomes second nature.

I tried this too, I think it's a conspiracy against me and music.

Did I mention that I'm trying to do this from work ? Could it be the firewalls and security stopping me ?
I can listen to some other stations.

top topics

join