It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real case for Reptilians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Phil J. Fry

You speak the truth, sir, lol. ATS is a wonderful place, nothing like it on the internet, although I also fear that it will become some whacko hangout, as those people have no where to go, so gravitate towards anyplace that will accept them. And with this place being a business, beholden to the almighty dollar and a written business plan, it's not the group that has the most common sense, logic and reason that will substantiate this place, it is the group that delivers the most traffic. And one glance will show you what group that is going to be. The mods can't really shut them down, as that would risk cutting revenue generating site traffic.

So, here we are. Forced to weed through hundreds of mindless posts looking for the diamond in the rough that pretty much goes unnoticed.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

As long as we refuse to cast out the charlatans, we're woo-woo.

And to add to the difficulty, this thread on extraterrestrials has been moved to Skunk Works.

If one cant discuss aliens on the alien forum, what can one discuss there?

[edit on 22-10-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Point very well made.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Blind denial is just as bad if not worse than blind acceptance.

Who started using this 'woo-woo' thing ...

You lose all credibility by trying to be 'cool' with your insults. If you were intelligent, you wouldn't shut out things that you don't understand, don't like, or don't agree with. Also ... in some cultures, that is quite the compliment.

A closed mind can never learn or grow. It stagnates in its own self-importance, and in turn, creates its own irrelevance.

Get over yourselves. If this site doesn't allow free thought, free speech, and free discussion ... then what makes it any better than the mainstream media? Why would anyone bother to sign up to read and be involved with the same old ... people come here to discuss things from the fringe, to expand their thinking, to discuss things they can't anywhere else. They come here to open their minds, not close them.

If you don't like that idea, and you want to 'police thoughts' ... this isn't the place for you ... create your own forum ... you can for free you know. Let's see who wants to waste their time being 'yes sir's ... that is NOT the point of a discussion board; and most definitely not the point of ATS.

Your handle says it ALL. IGNORE ... to ignore facts ... well ... that wouldn't be denying ignorance, now would it? It would seem more like suppression of facts ... disinformation ... well, I take it readers are smart enough to THINK FOR THEMSELVES ... not have someone think for them ... so they can come to their own conclusions ... something you should learn to let others do.

If you want to discuss or debate something ... then discuss or debate the topic with the evidence you claim others need to bring ... if you can't, then, YOUR OPINION is NO MORE sound THAN THEIRS. Simple enough, eh?

What good does it do this site for you to invade threads with your baseless denial nonsense. It is not very polite, and not enlightening, since you have no evidence or even a sound rebuttal ... just I don't like it, so it shouldn't exist ... I don't believe it, so it is wrong ... That is not discussion, it is blind ignorance and dismissal.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

You sure you read this thread to know where I was coming from, lol? Your rant is out of left field and indicates that you did not read and/or understand anything I posted. I'm sorry you got the wrong message from my post, but I can't help your lack of understanding, nor do I consider you and your type as I post in the future. If I did, everything would be limited to simple, easy to digest sentences and ideas. Kind of like kindergarten. Before you bother to respond, re-read the thread so you don't look like a fool. I guarantee that more agree with what I posted than what you misunderstood....unfortunately those people don't need to, and wont bother to post their agreement....it's only those who don't understand and/or comprehend what I said that take issue with it. Again, I am sorry you do not understand.....maybe you need to consider that you are, ah....er....part of the problem, perhaps? By demonstrating you do not understand the most basic of conceivable concepts .....well, never mind I would be wasting my time trying to communicate with you.

Keep fighting the good reptilian fight, lol, while the majority of people that believe in reptilians make complete and utter fools out of those that really want to investigate them. Perhaps you should join your buds over on youtube, where everyone know the hard evidence of reptilians can be found ROTFLMAO. Excuse the sarcasm, but I made a good point, sure to be overlooked by the likes of you.

As the "great" John Lear says.....thanks for your post, lol.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

Blind denial is just as bad if not worse than blind acceptance.

And blind belief is the most dangerous of all "blinds". I guess, you're a intelligent human being, so i hope i don't have to show you some examples from human history.

Who started using this 'woo-woo' thing ...

Initially ? Don't know and probably hard to research, in this specific thread - me, as you can easily see

You lose all credibility by trying to be 'cool' with your insults. If you were intelligent, you wouldn't shut out things that you don't understand, don't like, or don't agree with. Also ... in some cultures, that is quite the compliment.

Ah, the usual insults. Who said anything about trying to be cool ? Would "completely crazy" sound better to you ? Maybe you should try and get the context in which "woo-woo" has been used, just an advise. I won't get down to your level and judge your intelligence, neither do i personally care about compliments in "other" cultures.

A closed mind can never learn or grow. It stagnates in its own self-importance, and in turn, creates its own irrelevance.

A mind too open can result in the brain falling out
Empty phrases, nothing more. You can't see, that there're some shades of grey between black and white, but ok.

Get over yourselves. If this site doesn't allow free thought, free speech, and free discussion ... ......come here to open their minds, not close them.

Well, i guess you wouldn't mind to wade through some daily threads about fluffy bunnies trying to conquer the world and zebras being the main instruments for thought control. Me, for example, likes to stay within the realms of reality and i haven't got that much time to burrow through such things, especially in an environment that is about denying ignorance and not about denying reality.

Your handle says it ALL. IGNORE ... to ignore facts ... well ... that wouldn't be denying ignorance, ..... so they can come to their own conclusions ... something you should learn to let others do.

Again, personal attacks. Is that all you got ? Yes, anyone, who doesn't think like you is a disinfo/fbi/cia/illuminati/fluffy bunny agent getting paid huge sums just to discredit topics on ATS. Thought this is common knowledge.
Where did IgnoreTheFacts talk about policing thoughts ?

This community needs to start policing it's own, or it will NEVER be taken seriously by the mainstream

Doesn't look like a demand for a thought police to me, but i guess, one can go a long way with personal interpretation.

If you want to discuss or debate something ... then discuss or debate the topic with the evidence you claim others need to bring ... if you can't, then, YOUR OPINION is NO MORE sound THAN THEIRS. Simple enough, eh?

Did you take the time to look upon some of the recent "reptilian" threads ? Is it necessary to post the same information in every thread or would you be so kind to personal inform us sinister agents, in which thread you'll be each day, so we'll be able to post there ?

What good does it do this site for you to invade threads with your baseless denial nonsense. It is not very polite, and not enlightening, since you have no evidence or even a sound rebuttal ... just I don't like it, so it shouldn't exist ... I don't believe it, so it is wrong ... That is not discussion, it is blind ignorance and dismissal.

Again, see above, especially the part about information in other threads. Politeness ?! Well, did you take a look at your own front door ?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Ancient accounts and mythology feature serpents, dragons, reptile-gods, "flying chariot serpents" and snake people in abundance. It is this abundance of references to reptiles that makes one consider an alien race of "reptilians" in the first place. These can be found in...

And just to post something on topic in this thread, what about Hinduism ? A very old religion and the amount of deities there is just mind numbing. Ever thought about an elephant race ? Don't think so. How about lil Shiva ? Four armed overlords from space ? See it as it is - there is not a single evidence pointing to an evolution of reptiles beyond what we see today. Why did all ancient cultures have something like that in their "stories" ? Maybe a few thousand years back, some fossilied (?) reptile skeletons have been found and the people started to ask themselves what they might be ?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You seem to make assumptions of me ...

I don't personally believe in reptillians other than the ones that live in forests and swamps ... you know ... the ones that are documented by science.

What you fail to understand with my post is, I defend the right for people to discuss this stuff, regardless if I believe in it or not.

I find it quite funny your stance of hatred for those who look at the world differently.

Though this thread wasn't initially in skunk works, it now is.

just because you find it popular to jump on the reptile bashing bandwagon, doesn't mean it is the right and respectful thing to do.

Ignorethefacts ... I have read your posts in many places, and you do just as your name says ... people show you evidence, and you ignore it ... and go about your tripe.

I have much more respect for someone who is willing to express an abstract idea than someone who complains about someone with an abstract idea.

blind ignorance and faith are EQUAL in their damage to finding the truth.

Again, since some of your are rather dense, I don't believe there are reptiles from space, nor do I believe there are reptiles humanoids that were here before us or co-exist. I don't think there are any shape-shifters besides those you find in sci-fi movies and shows. I don't think the YouTube videos prove anything ... I even made a thread asking for the people who believe to explain in a rational way and in detail of why they believe, how they came to it, and why do these supposed slit eyes have to be reptile people and not cat people ... since, they have slit eyes too ... why isn't it a cat conspiracy ... it would seem just as valid. So, I provoke them in a thought-out intelligent way, and with a bit of humor and with dignity ... not a immoral bashing of individuals and ideas just because it makes you feel better about yourself at night.

You assume that out of pure ignorance because I defend people.

Maybe you need to understand not everyone thinks their business doesn't stink. Maybe you should not go around beating up on those who disagree with you.

Apparently you and your buddy don't have the ability to comprehend what I was saying ... so you find it in left field. I found YOUR statements uncalled for and a disrespect for all that ATS stands for. You are the problem.

If you all find such quarrels with topics such as these, why do you frequent them? Bored? Go take a stroll, spend time with family, or do something else constructive and let people discuss things as they wish. You think you need to protect people visiting this site? Maybe people find the subject interesting, but they don't have to believe it ... and those that do believe it, believe anyway ... whether it is because they read Icke, are a scientologist, another religious belief, or they take sci-fi stuff too seriously ... I WILL NOT judge them, I honestly don't just you, I just will debate you over your ways of invading threads and spewing on them the same old same old without meat.

Oh, and if you really feel you are that smart and good at making points, join the debate team ... SkyFloating would be sure to give you a challenge ... as would I. Though it is easier for you just to bash on people without substance behind your statements, isn't it?

To paraphrase your posts prior to mine ... people make 'crazy' statements and this is becoming a whack-job hang-out. How is that furthering discussion? To just come in and insult? So what if the topic is abstract, technically everything in the UFO/Alien subject is ... so is every conspiracy theory out there ... is this really the site for you if you don't like those who think outside the box? The extremity of the statements is only those people's personal opinions or ideas ... and they have EVERY RIGHT to say them. If you feel the need to bash someone for being different ... well, then I will tell you that insults are not what this site is about ... and to get a life. Let people who wish to discuss things do as they please. Did you not read the o.p? This had nothing to do with the videos on YouTube, but, you bring it up with your one track minds.

If you cannot stand the topic of reptilians, then don't post in them, don't open them ... you obviously don't agree or care to aid the discussion at all. That will solve your sifting for diamonds problem. You will never find them if that is what you are looking for.

How about this ... re-read the opening post several times ... then realize how much of the so-called fool you said I am applies to you. I will let those who read these last sentences come to the conclusion who the real fool is based on your statements and lack of understanding of the original post. Please everyone, read the original post, then IgnoreTheFacts posts and tell me how relative they are to it, and Phil J. Fry's too, since 'he' is so enlightened as well ... minus the last post made by him when finally realized to post something 'on topic'.

I have much respect for SkyFloating and I think you muddying up the thread with nonsense was wrong ... but now I also apologize for making it worse by feeding trolls. I should have learned by now ... that never works ... like a feeding a puppy, they come back for more.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Our comments were about the first part of his post, I know you did not put two and two together, so I will do it for you (apparently you can lead a horse to water, you just can't make him , ah, understand)

The first part of his post was how the majority of people who jump on the ridiculous bandwagon of the usual reptile threads here are clouding up the field for those that want to take it seriously and really have solid discussion about it. Unfortunately, the more that jump on the youtube reptile bandwagon, the harder it is to have a serious discussion. Myself and Fry's comments were concerning that part of his post, and how it is not only true for reptoids, but for pretty much every subject discussed on here.

Again, sorry you were not able to follow the thread, and how our original posts related to it before you posted a bunch of complete tripe that had nothing to do with what we posted and why. You really, really look foolish right now. Posting further about this will only derail the thread further (as our original posts did not, because the related to Sky's original post, duh) and make you look.....well, you know the saying....better to let people think you a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.....which it may be too late for you.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Look guys,

I appreciate your fervor, but heres something to get back on topic: (list from reptilianagenda.com)

Abzu - Babylonian king of the abyss of fresh water, husband of Tiamat
Adi Budhnya - Indian serpent god, the virtuality of fire
Agni - Indian serpent god, literally the 'furious serpent', the manifested divine fire
Aguna - Solomon Islands serpent mother goddess
Aido-Hwedo - African serpent god of Fon tribe, who assisted Mawu-Lisa (or Nana-Buluku) in creating the world; lives in ocean to balance the world and consumes iron, when it runs out of iron to eat, its writhings will cause the world to tilt
Aker - Egyptian Dragon representing the earth, who bound the coils of Apophis
Am-Mut - Egyptian serpent god, called the eater of souls
Amphisbaena - an African dragon with two heads, one on its tail
Amphitere - a plumed flying serpent, which knows all the secrets of the world except one
Ananda Lahari - a Naga, the eleven-headed wave of bliss upon which the gods are carried into eternity
Ananta - literally, 'endless', Buddhist Naga with 1000 heads, whose coils encircle the world axis; the cosmic ocean, also called Sesha; he spits out venomous fire at the end of each Kalpa (age) to help Shiva in destroying the creation
Ankh-neteru - Egyptian serpent god through whose body the Boat of Afu Ra is pulled by twelve amikhiu gods, entering the tail and exiting the mouth, which results in Afu Ra being transformed into Khepera, now towed into the sky by twelve goddesses
Anyiewo - African rainbow serpent of the Ewe tribe
Apep (Apepi) - Egyptian primordial serpent who lived in the celestial Nile (Milky Way)
Apophis - Greek form of Apep
Apsu - Babylonian serpent god of fresh water abyss
Atum - Egyptian creator of the Eldest gods, who will become a new serpent when the world returns to its original chaos
Azhi Dahaka - Persian great sky serpent, creator of planets

Basilisk - (Greek - king) Phoenician serpent god, whose glance caused death
Baxia - one of the nine sons of the dragon in China, a strong swimmer
Bixi - one of the nine sons of the dragon in China, an excellent pack animal
Bobbi-Bobbi - Australian rainbow serpent

Cecrops - Greek founder of civilization, half-human, half-serpent
Chalchiuhticue - Incan serpent mother goddess
Chiao - Chinese marsh serpent
Chien Lung - Chinese great dragon
Chih - Chinese serpent god of the north
Chiminigagua - Columbian creator serpent god of the Chibcha tribe, lives in lake of serpents
Chiwen - one of the nine sons of the dragon in China, a seer
Cien-Tang - Chinese serpent god in charge of all river serpent spirits, blood red with a 900 feet fiery mane
Cipactli - Mayan serpent god, ruler of crocodiles
Coatlicue - Aztec earth serpent goddess, mother of all living
Cockatrice - Hebrew Basilisk

Colchis - the Greek Dragon who guarded the Golden Fleece
Da - Another name for Danh
Daemon - Greek spirit guardians of every god and important human, took the form of a serpent
Damballa - Voodoo serpent god, his 7000 coils formed the earth and the heavens
Damkina - Babylonian serpent queen, mother of Marduk, wife of Ea
Danh - African serpent rainbow god of the Fon tribe, circles the world and orders the cosmos, both male and female; it has 3500 coils above the earth and 3500 coils beneath the earth; called Da in action and Mawu-Lisa in thought.
Degei - Fiji supreme serpent god, originally lived alone with the hawk Turukawa, which gave birht to humans who were raised by Degei
Denwen - Egyptian Dragon, a fiery serpent who's fire would have destroyed the gods, but was stopped by the king
Dewi - Welsh giant red serpent spirit
Dhakhan - Australian rainbow serpent
Dionysos - Greek god wine, born in the form of a serpent
Draco - Greek heavenly divine serpent, a pet of Zeus
Dzyu - Tibetan serpent power of creation

Ea - Babylonian serpent king, father of Marduk, husband of Damkina

Fafnir - German serpent, the great worm with magickal powers
Fu-ts'ang Lung - Chinese Underworld serpent, guards earthly treasures
Fuku Riu - Japanese serpent of good fortune
Fuxi - half human half serpent father of mankind

Galeru - Australian rainbow serpent
Gargouille - French serpent that caused floods by vomiting water from its mouth
Giao Long - Vietnamese serpent gods, immortal and became dragons after 1000 years
Goorialla - Australian rainbow serpent
Gorgon - Greek Basilisk (e.g. - Medusa)
Gucumatz - Qiche Mayan serpent god who brought civilization

Haoxian - one of the nine sons of the dragon in China
Hedammu - serpent who was Ishtar's divine servant
Herren-Suge - Basque serpent god with seven heads
Huitzilopotchili - form of Quetzalcoatl
Hunab Ku _ Mayan god of gods, a great sky serpent

Hydra - Greek nine-headed serpent, could regrow its heads

Iara - Brazilian serpent goddess, mother of the waters, also called mboicu (great serpent)
Illuyankas - Hittite serpent god
Indra - Indian serpent god, imported to Turkey, Iraq and Syria by the Hurrians; he defeated the world serpent to release the power of the seven streams

Jawzahr - an Islamic Dragon responsible for eclipses and comets
Jiaotu - one of the nine sons of the dragon in China
Jormungand - Norse divine serpent, son of loki, world serpent
Julungul - Australian rainbow serpent

Ka-Riu - Japanese fire serpent
Kahasusibware - Solomon Islands serpent god
Kakuru - Australian rainbow serpent
Kalseru - Australian rainbow serpent
Koevasi - Melanesian serpent goddess
Kouteign Kooru - African serpent god, literally 'master of the waters'
Kua Shih - Chinese wingless serpent god
Kulkulcan - Mayan serpent god
Kundalini - the human Naga spirit normally asleep at the base of the spine
Kung Kung - Chinese serpent god with nine heads, god of wisdom

Labna - Mayan serpent god
Ladon - Greek guardian serpent of the Tree of Golden Apples in the Hesperides, taken from Sumerian or Akkadian sources
Langal - Australian rainbow serpent
Lebe - the serpent lord of the Dogan tribe, first of the living dead
Leviathan - Hebrew primeval sea serpent, symbol of chaos
Lindworms - German serpent spirits inhabiting bodies of water
Lotan - Canaanite seven-headed serpent
Lough Derg Monster - a giant water serpent confined to the bottom of Lough Derg by St. Patrick
Lu - Tibetan Naga
Luagal - Samoan serpent god of the sea
Lung - the basic Chinese dragon
Lung Wang - the four dragon kings of China: Ao Ch'in, Ao Jun, Ao Kuang, Ao Shun

Mae - New Hebrides serpent spirits
Magoraga - Buddhist serpent god
Makara - an Indina Dragon in the form of a crocodile
Marcupo - Philippine serpent god
Marduk - Babylonian serpent god who killed his grandmother Tiamat and established a new order of gods
Mawu-Lisa - another name for Danh
Mboi-Tu'I - Paraguyan divine serpent parrot of the Guarani tribe
Midgard Serpent - Norse serpent upon which the world tree rests, killed by Thor before it could grow so powerful it would rule the gods
Mixcoatl - Aztec serpent god of clouds, brought rain by having sex with goddess Coatlicue
Mo'o - Hawaiian serpent god
Moma - African serpent goddess in central Africa
Muchalinda - a many headed Indian Naga, guardian of the Tree of Enlightenment who wrapped itself seven times around the Buddha to protect him
Muit - Australian rainbow serpent

Mushussu - a Dragon created by Tiamat to oppose Marduk, who tamed it and made it a guardian

Naga (Nagini - fem) - Indian serpent lord, son of Kadru, daughter of Daksha, a title of spiritual power among humans; literally, Sanscrit for 'serpent'; the Naga spirits bring rain and rules the Underworld; their language is called Naga-Krita; the Nagas are manifestations of Agni (fire), the fierce spirit as spirit guardians; divided into four classes: heavenly, divine, earthly or hidden
Naga Bushana - Nagas representing the energy of death
Naga Kanya - a five or nine headed Naga, a counterpart of the god Vishnu
Nagual - Mexican serpent spirit guardian
Ndengel - another name for Degei
Neheb-Kau - Egyptian serpent with human arms and legs, a servant of Ra, the great serpent under world and upon which the world rests
Ningizzida - another name for Zu
Nidhogg - Norse serpent at base of world tree, devours bones of fallen humanity
Nu Kua - Chinese serpent goddess formed the first people

Oniont - Amerindian horned serpent, lived under water, healed the sick
Ophion - Greek Titan, literally 'serpent'
Ophis - Gnostic power of the Spirit, lured into manifestation and trapped there, then sent a second time to release the trapped serpent-spirits (serpent in Garden of Eden, who taught man way of redemption)
Ouroboros - Viking great serpent who circles the world

Papophis - another name of Tiamat
Pulao - one of the nine sons of the dragon in China
Python - Greek father serpent of the world, lived at center of earth, slain by Apollo

Qiuniu - one of the nine sons of the dragon in China
Quetzalcoatl - Aztec serpent god, the feathered serpent

Rainbow Serpent - Australian aborigines' mother and creator of all life on earth, from whose body the earth and heavens were created; shamans gain their power by being ritually consumed by the great Serpent and then reborn
Raja Naga - Malaysian serpent king of all sea serpents
Ratu-Mai-Mbula - Fiji serpent god who rules the dead
Ri-Riu - Japanese serpent that sees all
Riiti - Gilbert Islands serpent god who ruled the dead
Ruki - New Guinea serpent god of the sea

Satan - Hebrew distortion of Egyptian Set-hen
Seraph - Hebrew burning serpent of spirit, highest of God's angels
Seraphim - plural of Seraph
Sesas - Javanese Nagas
Sesha (Shesha, Adi Shesha) - Indian king of the Nagas, with 1000 heads
Seth-heh - Egyptian eternal Seth who opposes the Boat of Ra on its journey
Shen-Lung - Chinese spiritual serpent, controls wind and rain
Simbu - Voodoo snake god of darkness
Sirae - three-headed blue serpents that steal your years, from a dream
Smaug - a crafty English dragon

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
So, instead of commenting on the topic of the thread itself, you chose to single out what the thread wasn't suppose to be about and rant and rave all about it ... because, Lord knows, there hasn't been enough negativity towards the YouTube video phenomenon.

that makes so much sense [/sarcasm]

I think that is a poor excuse ... I don't consider that a valid reason which is why I didn't accept it, and still don't.

By your definition, the following would be acceptable --- a person posts a question ... if gas mileage wasn't an issue would you own a viper or a hummer ... state the reasons ... then i go on there and say it eats too much fuel to even be considered, all people who would buy such a wasteful car is ridiculous and are the main reasons for smog ... and are also hurting national security by burning fuel when it could be reserved for troop use. --- so it is fine to completely ignore what the o.p. wishes and state your agenda because you find it more important to blast on others than to further the discussion. Whether what you say is true or not, or others agree or not. To completely disregard the purpose of the post makes you something other than a fool, but I will refrain from using that word.

Why did you not discuss what the o.p. said the thread is about and have your little rant in the rant forum on BTS? or continue with your drivel in one of the threads you despise?

Are you not the fool you claim I am for spouting your 'I don't like reptilian topics' and all the points you don't like on a thread that is suppose to not have that stuff in it?

Go ahead, call me what you wish, if I cared in the slightest what you or anyone else thought about me, I would have never signed up to this site. I will always speak my mind without fear of the perception of others ... and in doing so, I am not afraid to defend abstract topics to allow others to feel like they shouldn't be scared to bring up topics just because a few people find it their fancy to berate people for fun. It isn't like this just happens to the reptilian topic ... it happens all over skunkworks, the ufo/alien board, the John Lear 'conspiracy master' board (which, is for conspiracies, not a fact or verifiable with photo evidence and video board) ... and basically throughout this site.

I have also been trying to politely refute someone who just seemed very ignorant, but turns out was a troll, and was caught by a mod. So, ok, you want the members to start policing themselves, well, I have started. Just because you want it to go one way doesn't mean people won't take up policing it from the other side. Balance comes naturally. For every push one way, someone else will push the other. That is the only reason why this site works.

With every post by Chorlton that says life on other planetoids is bollocks, there will be someone like me that says how we don't know for sure ... there may not be, but to say for fact there isn't because there isn't a picture of a creature waving the peace sign ... well that is just as unsubstantial and not proof. btw, I respect Chorlton, and agree with him on a lot of issues ... so not picking at him in a negative way ... and I understand him and those like him do what you all do ... you just fail to see why I do what I do, because you are so focused on your point of view.

I cannot disprove that Pelosi isn't a reptile, but, a compressed video will not convince 99% of the people. She may be a snake ... but not literally. Have a bit more faith in your fellow ATSer ... and a bit less of the blah blah blah, because sometimes the people who you think agree with you, actually don't.

as far as on topic:

I think a lot of the scientists who take the ancient stories as fiction, do so a little too easily. Some of it very well may be.

The point being made that similar creatures were discussed and described across the globe when traveling distances was difficult makes a valid point. It doesn't make it impossible that there was a group of people on a 'crusade' sharing a story that influenced world cultures ... but highly improbable.

I think the effort to carve these things in stone, and cover the walls with paint, when they have very limited space to do so should speak louder to it being factual than anything. Why waste so much time, effort, and space to tell a fairy tale, when, that could be used to document things that really happened to share for generations to come, in an accurate manner.

Of course, I have a hard time believing in talking birds, snakes, and such ... but I cannot see why such a thing would be done if not true, on the scale of effort and resources it was. Just to mess with future cultures?

What about cave paintings and drawings. All these things across the world from different cultures and languages, climates and landscapes ... are supposed to be some sort of collective conscience of imagination and fiction, not limiting to just reptiles, but some kind of space fairing creature, ships, suits.

I guess it could happen. I just don't know ... we thought giant squid were sailor's myths until a few years ago ... but that doesn't mean mermaids are real

Of course, those who don't wish to believe in anything, won't. Those who wish to believe in anything, will. I try to remain in the middle of the two extremes and use my intelligence to work out the rest ... and leave things open that don't have enough information, no matter how unfathomable it is ... just think of that famous 'sherlock holmes' quote.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
List of Serpent Gods

Abzu - Babylonian king of the abyss of fresh water, husband of Tiamat
Adi Budhnya - Indian serpent god, the virtuality of fire
Agni - Indian serpent god, literally the 'furious serpent', the manifested divine fire
Aguna - Solomon Islands serpent mother goddess
Aido-Hwedo - African serpent god of Fon tribe, who assisted Mawu-Lisa (or Nana-Buluku) in creating the world; lives in ocean to balance the world and consumes iron, when it runs out of iron to eat, its writhings will cause the world to tilt
Aker - Egyptian Dragon representing the earth, who bound the coils of Apophis
Am-Mut - Egyptian serpent god, called the eater of souls
Amphisbaena - an African dragon with two heads, one on its tail
Amphitere - a plumed flying serpent, which knows all the secrets of the world except one
Ananda Lahari - a Naga, the eleven-headed wave of bliss upon which the gods are carried into eternity
Ananta - literally, 'endless', Buddhist Naga with 1000 heads, whose coils encircle the world axis; the cosmic ocean, also called Sesha; he spits out venomous fire at the end of each Kalpa (age) to help Shiva in destroying the creation
Ankh-neteru - Egyptian serpent god through whose body the Boat of Afu Ra is pulled by twelve amikhiu gods, entering the tail and exiting the mouth, which results in Afu Ra being transformed into Khepera, now towed into the sky by twelve goddesses
Anyiewo - African rainbow serpent of the Ewe tribe
Apep (Apepi) - Egyptian primordial serpent who lived in the celestial Nile (Milky Way)
Apophis - Greek form of Apep
Apsu - Babylonian serpent god of fresh water abyss
Atum - Egyptian creator of the Eldest gods, who will become a new serpent when the world returns to its original chaos
Azhi Dahaka - Persian great sky serpent, creator of planets
Basilisk - (Greek - king) Phoenician serpent god, whose glance caused death
Baxia - one of the nine sons of the dragon in China, a strong swimmer
Bixi - one of the nine sons of the dragon in China, an excellent pack animal
Bobbi-Bobbi - Australian rainbow serpent
Cecrops - Greek founder of civilization, half-human, half-serpent
Chalchiuhticue - Incan serpent mother goddess
Chiao - Chinese marsh serpent
Chien Lung - Chinese great dragon
Chih - Chinese serpent god of the north
Chiminigagua - Columbian creator serpent god of the Chibcha tribe, lives in lake of serpents
Chiwen - one of the nine sons of the dragon in China, a seer
Cien-Tang - Chinese serpent god in charge of all river serpent spirits, blood red with a 900 feet fiery mane
Cipactli - Mayan serpent god, ruler of crocodiles
Coatlicue - Aztec earth serpent goddess, mother of all living
Cockatrice - Hebrew Basilisk Colchis - the Greek Dragon who guarded the Golden Fleece
Da - Another name for Danh
Daemon - Greek spirit guardians of every god and important human, took the form of a serpent
Damballa - Voodoo serpent god, his 7000 coils formed the earth and the heavens
Damkina - Babylonian serpent queen, mother of Marduk, wife of Ea
Danh - African serpent rainbow god of the Fon tribe, circles the world and orders the cosmos, both male and female; it has 3500 coils above the earth and 3500 coils beneath the earth; called Da in action and Mawu-Lisa in thought.
Degei - Fiji supreme serpent god, originally lived alone with the hawk Turukawa, which gave birht to humans who were raised by Degei
Denwen - Egyptian Dragon, a fiery serpent who's fire would have destroyed the gods, but was stopped by the king
Dewi - Welsh giant red serpent spirit
Dhakhan - Australian rainbow serpent
Dionysos - Greek god wine, born in the form of a serpent
Draco - Greek heavenly divine serpent, a pet of Zeus
Dzyu - Tibetan serpent power of creation
Ea - Babylonian serpent king, father of Marduk, husband of Damkina
Fafnir - German serpent, the great worm with magickal powers
Fu-ts'ang Lung - Chinese Underworld serpent, guards earthly treasures
Fuku Riu - Japanese serpent of good fortune
Fuxi - half human half serpent father of mankind
Galeru - Australian rainbow serpent
Gargouille - French serpent that caused floods by vomiting water from its mouth
Giao Long - Vietnamese serpent gods, immortal and became dragons after 1000 years
Goorialla - Australian rainbow serpent
Gorgon - Greek Basilisk (e.g. - Medusa)
Gucumatz - Qiche Mayan serpent god who brought civilization
Haoxian - one of the nine sons of the dragon in China
Hedammu - serpent who was Ishtar's divine servant
Herren-Suge - Basque serpent god with seven heads
Huitzilopotchili - form of Quetzalcoatl
Hunab Ku _ Mayan god of gods, a great sky serpent
Hydra - Greek nine-headed serpent, could regrow its heads
Iara - Brazilian serpent goddess, mother of the waters, also called mboicu (great serpent)
Illuyankas - Hittite serpent god
Indra - Indian serpent god, imported to Turkey, Iraq and Syria by the Hurrians; he defeated the world serpent to release the power of the seven streams
Jawzahr - an Islamic Dragon responsible for eclipses and comets
Jiaotu - one of the nine sons of the dragon in China
Jormungand - Norse divine serpent, son of loki, world serpent
Julungul - Australian rainbow serpent
Ka-Riu - Japanese fire serpent
Kahasusibware - Solomon Islands serpent god
Kakuru - Australian rainbow serpent
Kalseru - Australian rainbow serpent
Koevasi - Melanesian serpent goddess
Kouteign Kooru - African serpent god, literally 'master of the waters'
Kua Shih - Chinese wingless serpent god
Kulkulcan - Mayan serpent god
Kundalini - the human Naga spirit normally asleep at the base of the spine
Kung Kung - Chinese serpent god with nine heads, god of wisdom
Labna - Mayan serpent god
Ladon - Greek guardian serpent of the Tree of Golden Apples in the Hesperides, taken from Sumerian or Akkadian sources
Langal - Australian rainbow serpent
Lebe - the serpent lord of the Dogan tribe, first of the living dead
Leviathan - Hebrew primeval sea serpent, symbol of chaos
Lindworms - German serpent spirits inhabiting bodies of water
Lotan - Canaanite seven-headed serpent
Lough Derg Monster - a giant water serpent confined to the bottom of Lough Derg by St. Patrick
Lu - Tibetan Naga
Luagal - Samoan serpent god of the sea
Lung - the basic Chinese dragon
Lung Wang - the four dragon kings of China: Ao Ch'in, Ao Jun, Ao Kuang, Ao Shun
Mae - New Hebrides serpent spirits
Magoraga - Buddhist serpent god
Makara - an Indina Dragon in the form of a crocodile
Marcupo - Philippine serpent god
Marduk - Babylonian serpent god who killed his grandmother Tiamat and established a new order of gods
Mawu-Lisa - another name for Danh
Mboi-Tu'I - Paraguyan divine serpent parrot of the Guarani tribe
Midgard Serpent - Norse serpent upon which the world tree rests, killed by Thor before it could grow so powerful it would rule the gods
Mixcoatl - Aztec serpent god of clouds, brought rain by having sex with goddess Coatlicue
Mo'o - Hawaiian serpent god
Moma - African serpent goddess in central Africa
Muchalinda - a many headed Indian Naga, guardian of the Tree of Enlightenment who wrapped itself seven times around the Buddha to protect him
Muit - Australian rainbow serpent
Mushussu - a Dragon created by Tiamat to oppose Marduk, who tamed it and made it a guardian
Naga (Nagini - fem) - Indian serpent lord, son of Kadru, daughter of Daksha, a title of spiritual power among humans; literally, Sanscrit for 'serpent'; the Naga spirits bring rain and rules the Underworld; their language is called Naga-Krita; the Nagas are manifestations of Agni (fire), the fierce spirit as spirit guardians; divided into four classes: heavenly, divine, earthly or hidden
Naga Bushana - Nagas representing the energy of death
Naga Kanya - a five or nine headed Naga, a counterpart of the god Vishnu
Nagual - Mexican serpent spirit guardian
Ndengel - another name for Degei
Neheb-Kau - Egyptian serpent with human arms and legs, a servant of Ra, the great serpent under world and upon which the world rests
Ningizzida - another name for Zu
Nidhogg - Norse serpent at base of world tree, devours bones of fallen humanity
Nu Kua - Chinese serpent goddess formed the first people
Oniont - Amerindian horned serpent, lived under water, healed the sick
Ophion - Greek Titan, literally 'serpent'
Ophis - Gnostic power of the Spirit, lured into manifestation and trapped there, then sent a second time to release the trapped serpent-spirits (serpent in Garden of Eden, who taught man way of redemption)
Ouroboros - Viking great serpent who circles the world
Papophis - another name of Tiamat
Pulao - one of the nine sons of the dragon in China
Python - Greek father serpent of the world, lived at center of earth, slain by Apollo
Qiuniu - one of the nine sons of the dragon in China
Quetzalcoatl - Aztec serpent god, the feathered serpent
Rainbow Serpent - Australian aborigines' mother and creator of all life on earth, from whose body the earth and heavens were created; shamans gain their power by being ritually consumed by the great Serpent and then reborn
Raja Naga - Malaysian serpent king of all sea serpents
Ratu-Mai-Mbula - Fiji serpent god who rules the dead
Ri-Riu - Japanese serpent that sees all
Riiti - Gilbert Islands serpent god who ruled the dead
Ruki - New Guinea serpent god of the sea
Satan - Hebrew distortion of Egyptian Set-hen
Seraph - Hebrew burning serpent of spirit, highest of God's angels
Seraphim - plural of Seraph
Sesas - Javanese Nagas
Sesha (Shesha, Adi Shesha) - Indian king of the Nagas, with 1000 heads
Seth-heh - Egyptian eternal Seth who opposes the Boat of Ra on its journey
Shen-Lung - Chinese spiritual serpent, controls wind and rain
Simbu - Voodoo snake god of darkness
Sirae - three-headed blue serpents that steal your years, from a dream
Smaug - a crafty English Dragon

[edit on 23-10-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

This is an interesting aspect, much more interesting thatn the blurry youtube videos

I think bible might even be a pretty trustworthy source, especially since lots of other cultures have similiarities in their tales, as you already mentioned.
Could someone tell us the exact chapters from The Bible where everyone could find this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join