It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are seat belt laws apart of the NWO plot for world Domination?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Nexus

Well, I think it could be argued that this would be an example of the gov't showing the people that THEY know what's best for us and to follow them because of this.

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Could I ask one of you why you guys even bother to waste your time and breath on topics like this? It is just on the border of hilarious as to how such a ridiculous claim can produce two pages of nonsense. Seriously, its stuff like this that really brings the quality of the forum down.

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thirst
Could I ask one of you why you guys even bother to waste your time and breath on topics like this? It is just on the border of hilarious as to how such a ridiculous claim can produce two pages of nonsense. Seriously, its stuff like this that really brings the quality of the forum down.

Well anytime you want to jump in and add something of value to this board, do please jump in, really whats holding you back.

I admit it's a off the wall theory, but it's just a theory that I wanted to discuss, and that might just explain why I posted this
. Are you all comfortable with the government making personal decisions for you.

I'm not sure about Europe but in America 1 in 2 marriages end in divorce, maybe we need the government to step in here to make decisions for us, so we don't make the wrong decision.

They made the seatbelt laws, so you would avoid injury or death. They took the decision away from adults, and they made the decision for us. So why not these:

They need to make a law against swimming, you could drown.

They need a law against falling in love, you could get hurt.

They need to make a law against eating undercooked food, you could get sick or even die.

They need to make a law against laying out to get a suntan, you might end up with cancer or just a wrinkled up old lady.

LDF

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
How about checking off a box on your insurance or license plate registration, or however it's done, that says you will not be wearing your seatbelt. By checking this box you waive your personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. Problem solved, chlorine added to the gene pool, you go you rebels!

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHumana

Sure would make a lot more sense than "DO IT OR PAY!!! Have a nice day here in your free country."

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well, that would give you a choice - what's freedom if not having the ability to make your own decisions. I could always fall back to my default reason on why many things are illegal - wearing a seatbelt is not a victim-less crime because it makes everybody's insurance rates go up if you fly through the windshield and crack your head open on the road and spend months in a hospital instead of being restrained and suffering mild whiplash and seeing a chiropractor or something for a few weeks.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHumana
Well, that would give you a choice - what's freedom if not having the ability to make your own decisions. I could always fall back to my default reason on why many things are illegal - wearing a seatbelt is not a victim-less crime because it makes everybody's insurance rates go up if you fly through the windshield and crack your head open on the road and spend months in a hospital instead of being restrained and suffering mild whiplash and seeing a chiropractor or something for a few weeks.

We are losing our Rights to make our own decisions. The government knows what is good for you, you are infallible, you might make the wrong decision so they will take it upon themselves to make the decisions for you. So it's ok to have insurance as long as you don't use it?

Yes we must all be concerned about the insurance company's and their bottom line, the poor things. They get no help from the government in this area at all. [sarcasm]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
No, I'm more worried about me and my bottom line, heh, the insurance companies aren't going to eat those added costs themselves. Even if you have the insurance and waive your personal injury protection, since that's your problem, you still need the coverage for the vehicle or real property of others' that's damaged.

I thought I was presenting a fair compromise - don't want to wear a seatbelt, no problem, but if your injuries were worsened because you didn't wear it, you'd better be prepared to pay the difference if injured, because you actively helped increase the damage.

It's like when we have hurricanes down here - it's not illegal to disobey a MANDATORY evacuation order, but you're on your own if you stay and need emergency services.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

so when did you get your no seatbelt ticket, about a day before you started this thread ?

how much did it cost you ?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

so when did you get your no seatbelt ticket, about a day before you started this thread ?

how much did it cost you ?

Nice to see you off the Titor thread,
I have never received a ticket for that, I use a seatbelt.

I'm conditioned to let my fearless government to do all of my thinking and making my decisions.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I thought the Illuminati wanted population reduced by 80% yet they still want us to drive slower and protect ourselves and other people with helmets,seatbelts etc.?
Im getting less convinced of this so called NWO and all things involved every day.
If they wanted to hold us down etc,they wouldnt of let us read and write in the first place,let alone drive a car!

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Seatbelt laws have nothing to do with safety. Seatbelt laws are there because people don’t like to take responsibility for their own actions. I agree with the OP that people in a free country should be allowed to make decisions and take risk. If they make the wrong decision, they should accept the consequences of their own actions. However, all too often, the person and/or family members want to sue whomever they can and make the accident someone else’s fault.

My job requires that I wear safety shoes, safety glasses and earplugs at all times. I was fitted with a respirator my first day and am supposed to wear it whenever I am within 5 feet of someone who is grinding. If I suffer sight or hearing loss, it is obviously because I am not wearing my safety gear properly and I have no grounds for a suit.

The laws are not there to protect us. They are there to protect corporations from lawsuits.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

First of all, the whole concept of your thesis is not right. The NWO needs a decline in the population to be effective, right? So, by issuing laws that save peoples lives.....this helps them how????

Sorry, but your theory is flawed from the get go. So get going to another topic.

Stupid does as stupid is told to do!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

Remember that whole rule about reading through the entire post before posting?

Yeah, might shine a bit more light on what the OP is trying to say here.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

The concept of the thread was.....Seatbelts....Plot for world domination by NWO.

Seatbelts save lives. NWO needs smaller population to effectively manage people. Case is closed. Seatbelts are not a plot for world domination.

The thread should have been titles something else!

NEXT!!!!

DAM

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst

The concept of the thread was.....Seatbelts....Plot for world domination by NWO.

The thread is not about how seatbelt laws save lives, its about how the government is conditioning you to conform, and to take decision making out of your hands. I'm guessing you didn't read the whole thread or your just MISSING the point of it.

Seatbelts save lives. NWO needs smaller population to effectively manage people. Case is closed. Seatbelts are not a plot for world domination.

It makes perfect since to us a seatbelt, they obviously save lives. Do we need the government making these decisions for us? Do we need the government working in the best interest of insurance companies? Or do we need the government to work in our best interest, via as in US having freedom and the right to choose even if we bad decisions. Lets call it a experiment to see if YOU will allow yourself, to be parented by the government, because what else is this?

The thread should have been titles something else!

NEXT!!!!

DAM

Ill title my threads how I see fit, thanks for the opinions. Thank God we have not only big brother, but mom and dad raising us adults, and if you don't comply they will ticket you and if you continue to disobey, they will ticket you BIG TIME.

The effect of this conditioning is really showing on this thread, for those that can see outside the box
, for others it seems impossible to even see that they are in a box. But for those that are Paying Attention, Good For You.

LDF

[edit on 26-10-2007 by Bob Dole]

[edit on 26-10-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

It's a bit more intricate than that.

C'mon, put 2 and 2 together here. The idea here is that the gov't "knows" what's best for us. And also, there is only speculation that part of their plan is population reduction.

I suggest you go read darkelf's post above and mull over that for a minute or two before coming back. He makes a good point/case.

[edit on 26-10-2007 by bigbert81]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
seat belts are important to the safety of people not even in the motor vehicle.

for instance. I was taught to drive, and i didn't learn how to drive at some ubiquitus driving school, at EVOC. We were taught there that not only does a seat belt save lives it also helps you keep control over your vehicle.

see when people make turns in their car they put lateral g forces on the car....and your body.

without the seat belt holding your body securely in place you have to do it yourself.

to do that you need to hold onto either the door in some way or onto your stearing wheel.

so how can you safely manuver your car in an emergency if you are holding onto the steering wheel to control your body from sliding around and at the same time have the freedom of movement to control the same steering wheel you are clinging onto life with...

well you can't and anybody who thinks they can can try and keep up with me on mulholland. If you could keep up it would be for about 2/3's of one curve and then you'd be at the bottom of the cliff 250 down the 65% embankment and in some serious serious pain.

same principle holds true when you have to make a sudden move to avoid a accident. you won't be able to maintaine control of the vehicle and you'll have a very strong chance of hitting something that you'll be sorry you did hit, and you'd legaly be at fault cause it's still unsafe driving. cops don't really go into this when they are writing you a seatbelt ticket because it takes a while to explain so they just point out that it can save your life.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

ok..LET ME ASK YOU A QUESTION.

Who enacted these laws? It is not a FEDERAL ISSUE. It is a states rights issue.
NWO should not even be in the same sentence.

Courtesy of Wikipedia:
"In the USA, seatbelt legislation is left up to state governments. Depending on which state you are in, not wearing a seatbelt is either a primary offense or a secondary offense, with the exception of New Hampshire, which does not have a law requiring people over age 18 to wear a seat belt. Primary offense meaning a police officer can pull you over for the seatbelt law violation alone, and secondary offense meaning you can only be punished for the seatbelt law violation if you're already pulled over for another reason. As of January 2007, 25 states and the District of Columbia have primary seatbelt laws, 24 have secondary seatbelt laws, and one state (New Hampshire) has no laws. [21]"

here is the link!
en.wikipedia.org...

Is the damn case closed now???????????

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Uggggh...

You know what, forget it.

You are still stuck on one thing and not listening to anything. The OP started this thread with the intention of showing the loss of freedom we're experiencing because the gov't(s) think they know what's best for people.

But apparently I can't get you to understand that.

There's a quote that goes "To learn you must first empty your cup to allow new understanding to enter." If you're capable, try to understand what this is saying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join