It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pop quiz: On what side of the car do you fill your tank?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
ok so everyone who drives a car and has gonne to a gas station has eventually runned into this dilema.

which side of the car do you fill it up with gas? and the answer might surprise you.

the answer lies right in your dash apparently take a look here:

there are some execption to the rule apparently but for the most part this should hold true.

for more you can read here

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
My tank is on the driver side of my car, but has the picture for it being on my right side.

I could be an exception, my car is cheap!

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by secret titan
My tank is on the driver side of my car, but has the picture for it being on my right side.

I could be an exception, my car is cheap!

lol that funny man its stinks like fart outside wjhat are people making out there geez

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I will check the current vehicles next time ...

some have arrows, that is nice ...

I have driven a few cars the fill up was under the license plate ... the best thing to do is take someone with you and ask them to pump while you clean the windows ... then watch them become puzzled looking at both sides of the car with confusion

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
well my celica has it all mixws up the handle is on the right but the arrow points to the right lol

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
My tank fills from the driver's side and that's not too hard to remember, but when I drove cars from a pool, it was more than a little irritating to try to keep up with it.

Not only that, not all cars have gauges that read the same way. I've taken off thinking I had a nearly full tank only to realize that I actually had a nearly empty tank.

Yes, they are all clearly marked, but when you're in a hurry and you're used to reading one way or the other, the difference between an E and an F isn't always that noticeable.

After a while however, you get into the habit of checking these things out in advance.

By the way, the picture of the gas pump on my 2003 Honda Accord is on the right side, while the tank fills from the left.

As far as I can tell, there is no indicator either.

I also seem to remember when the hoses were long enough to reach regardless of which side the filler was on.

[edit on 2007/10/19 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
my impala is on the drivers side.
never paid much attention to the light but i can't see it till i get on E and iut lights up anyway.
i don't think i have ever ran out of gas.
i always set my trip and use the 20 miles per 1 gallon that i put in.

got in that habit a long time ago.

someone mentioned the older cars with the cap behind the plate....anyone have a tracker? the older ones when they were still 'geo'?

i don't know what side the cap is on cause i don't remember but the only way to pop the door is from the button in the glove box.

it can be quite annoying to people that don't know..

when i was still in the shop i would be under the hood of one and the petrolium transfer engineer(oil change guy) would walk buy and i'd say hay man, reach in and pop the gas tank for me...
bwuahahahahahahah

NEVER failed....they would not want to tell one of the techs they can't find the friggin button.
i'd wait a sec and then start yelling 'what the hell man, come on...i don't have all day'

bwuahahahahahahahahaha

wait another minute then just reach in the glove box and pop it and look at em like wtf, you dumb?

hahaha

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
yeah thats a fun game but a better one is finding the trunk release button in some cars like the avenger it took me like a minute to figure out it had a button and another to find it right infront of me lol

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by razor1000

you know, it was not the gas door on the geo.

i remember now...the hood latch is in the glvoe box and thats why i would yell at a petrolium transer engineer.
i'd be setting the lift and i would yell at them to pop the hood for me, knowing they have no idea where it was.

off topic but i wanted to correct myself.

an a similar note, we'd send the gnubs to the parts store for us to get 'muffler bearings' and 'fiberglass magnents'.

always tell them to make sure you get the right kind or whatever.

bwuahahahahahaah.....

see, everyone that starts out with the oil change spot wants to be a tech, but a lot of them really have no business even changing oil and they figure it out pretty fast.

man i miss being in the shop

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
oh god thats hilarious we used to tell them to change the summer air for the winter air and vice versa also we had them troubleshooting for kanuter valves

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
My Scion fills up on drivers side,Land Rover on passengers side,must be because Scion is built in the US

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by razor1000

I love this hint! Read about it in a magazine a few years ago. I personally put gas in my SUV only 2-3 times a year. Hubby does most of the filling up for me to be a gentleman. So, on those 2-3 yearly occasions, I have to look for the emblem every time to remind myself where it is since I don't remember from the last time.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Oh, and here is another helpful tip that was in the same article. If you are on the highway and have an upcoming exit, the way to know for sure if it is a right or left ramp exit is to look at the green alert signs. The 'tab' will either be on the right or the left to signify which lane you need to be in to exit.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I actually do not have to fill up my car, I live in NJ and we don't get to pump our own gas.
If I were to fill up my car, one would be on the right, one on the left and the last in the middle and none of them matches the indicator light.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by AugustusMasonicus]

new topics

top topics

join