It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We see God in story and metaphore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I think personally that the religious texts that are enlightened and not instructions to slaughter, are inspired by a creator. I also believe that our lives we live, from Abraham to zena are vessels of Gods expression. And how can we see what God is trying to tell us. Well the bible says we will need eyes that see and ears that hear, meaning we need to be open. Now this goes along with many native cultures who claim a deity(s) and have ritualistic practices.

Our lives are gods story to himself and us. The universe he created becomes a pallette of his expression, and he/she/it demonstrates its power from the macrocosm to the microcosm of our existence. Those that dont believe in a creator, make yourself a universe and swim around in it once. Do it come on I know your holding back.

Random chaos of a perfect system, flawed to the victim of a disease of course because hey, God would never let his loved ones get sick, even after they betray there origins a billion times.

So the basicly those that think that there isnt a god because theres appearent flaws because we die or get sick are deluding themselves by ignoring the probable intent of God, which to God, all things are living always, and our universe is an offshoot of reality. Meaning were trapped in an observable bubble. Intentionaly because "the snake" and "adam and eve" made god angry, then so did the jews alledgedly, and look at us today, technological retards still seeking money rather than enlightenment. Is it any wonder God wants us to feel pain. I would too.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mastermind77

Nice opinion but thats all it is, your opinion. Where does it state that your opinion is the truth? A bit more evidence is required.

G

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
your post started off well in regards that we are gods expression to us and itself , shame you ruined it with all that god wants to cause us pain staff.

refer to the quote
"to man there is good and bad"
"to God there is only Good"

all polarities, left right , cold hot up down , good bad are necessary to truly experience existence

remove them and you will be where GOD started in a realm of absolute with no reference to its own magnificence. you will be a void

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Ok, i understand where you think that its over the top. But honestly, read your bibles if you haven't it states that "God disciplines those he loves" sometimes that includes offering painand tradgedy, Im sure an all knowing God doesn't intend the pain, he just allows it for effect. And the comment on the jews is not anti-semitic, its a rational description of how jews anger God by the wars they incite, continue and the lack of forgiveness which is a trait of none other than jeshua messiah. (jesus christ in american).

join