It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check it out! Light-Emitting Wallpapers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think this is cool. Have a look see:

Innovations in Light-Emitting Wallpaper & Design

Jonas Samson of the Netherlands has developed a two-dimensional flat surface wallpaper that emits a light source.

The paper can be tuned on and off. In the off position, the wallpaper is indistinguishable from any other wall covering surface.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Pretty and high-tech. Pretty high-tech

I can foresee it being used in clubs. Sure beats those tired old neon-lights.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
this guy just becam an instant millionier, this i pretty cool. childrens night lights just took a leap forward. i nolonger have to be afraid of the monster in my closet..

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
DAMN, why didn't I think of this?

That sounds pretty cool... Reading the Title, I was thinking of it as the whole wall lights the room, that would be cool too.

If it could be changed or animated like a cartoon, that would just be amazing lol.

This was a GREAT idea... think of the people who would want this...

Band logo's(Sick).. All these signs on stores and whatnot.. just a peace of plastic with those tube lights behind them, it could save space and money for store owners.(maybe)

Think of the possibility;s lol.. you could make your whole room(and all the stuff in it) light up all wacky and funky colours lol.

I know it's more of a kids thing but.. slap some stars and A UFO or two and it might be a hit here at ATS

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Invention of the century. Nuclear power can't beat this.

I NEED some of this. Preferably now. Or yesterday.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Shoot, we did this in College. Got fluorescent paint and painted galaxies on bed sheets and hung them up as wall coverings.

This looks more convenient. Does the light last? The paint worked fine for 10 years or more, but eventually it starts to crack and peel.

Cool post, man.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thats pretty cool...just think of the ways you can design a room with this stuff.

Me likes it.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Wow, very cool. Just imagine the possibliltys! The nightlight of the 21st century! But what do they mean by the "on and off" position?

[edit on 10/17/2007 by Hyzera]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyzera
Wow, very cool. Just imagine the possibliltys! The nightlight of the 21st century! But what do they mean by the "on and off" position?

I assume it needs power somehow.. If it turned out to be florecent paint then that is nothing new...

I wonder if you look real close if it just looks like a bunch of dots like little LEDs.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bumr055

Originally posted by Hyzera

I assume it needs power somehow.. If it turned out to be florecent paint then that is nothing new...

I wonder if you look real close if it just looks like a bunch of dots like little LEDs.

They can make paper thin bendable led screens now. This invention would make a great star-lit sky on a roof.

Panasonic is sort of going in that direction using a screen as a wall. I think a spherical room made of screens would be the best.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
In the future every square foot of wall space will be covered with light-emitting advertisements. Welcome to Hell.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Quite a find my friend. I'm wondering how user friendly it will be. Meaning does it come in set patterns or can you change them. I'd like to try this a car as well.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
That is really cool.
I want some of that lighting. I looked up some sights about leds. Here is one.
Paper Thin Leds
I thought this one was cool too! Paper Thin Batteries
I like that idea of the universe or night sky on the ceiling Freezer. Ok now where can we buy this stuff.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
That's very innovative. He's an artist by trade, so I don't know what his plans are for turning this into a business venture, or whether the wallpaper is practical for decorative purposes. It doesn't seem to be a kind of paint or everything, especially since it looks like you can have different designs on one wall at the same time. I can't find any information about how it works but it looks like it isn't something that can only be activated when the lights are off, for example.

There is definitely a lot of money to be made in something like this. I only see one color right now, but it's probably possible use more in other designs. Imagine an entire wall mural that can change. Custom designs would be really expensive i'm sure, but priceless at the same time.

top topics

join