It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HTML dumping ground

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hi

Im looking for a site where i can store and edit HTML,basicly i want a place online where i can write drafts and see how they will look.and hopefully store them

anyone know a site?

im a bit green with a computer,i guess ill keep ooglging

Thanks

[edit on 17-10-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

Hmmm why do you need a site to write/edit html docs and then view them?

Why don't you just create them on your computer then open them in a web browser?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by iCEdTenG

Probley because i dont know how,im getting there thanks for the reply?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Just create the documents and click on them. The next step up from that is both Mac and Windows has a built in local web server. This is the best option but also the hardest to get working. If you must have a remote service Google “Web hosting service”.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'm having a little trouble understanding.

Are you looking for a site that will teach you how to write and edit html for fun, and so that you can learn how to do it?

Or are you looking for a place that you can easily get a website up and running for public consumption?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

I,understand how to write HTML,ok how to copy and paste it ,but what i want to know is how to view ALL the code and text before i post it in a forum OTHER than useing "Preview Thread/Post", what programe do i use or site that will let me do this :-

Write a "page" including images,videos,links,text etc and view it so i check its layout..........what do i use so i can see the images videos etc and not just text and code...i want to see how it will look "finished"

I,did say im green

thanks

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
write your html code in notepad (if your using windows)...

then, save it as a .html file...

thus, you will be able to view it as if it was a real webpage...

good luck!!!

[edit on 19-10-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
OK you say that you want to preview your code before you put it into a forum? If this is the case are you sure you are using HTML and not BB code which is used in most forums?
If you are using HTML it is quite simple to view the layout of your code including the images and videos. What you do is open up a text editor such as notepad or editplus which i use for most of my web coding and put in your code, now save the code as something like mywebpage.html. In the directory where you saved it, also save your pictures, videos etc assuming they are to be stored locally. Now just goto the directory and double click on mywebpage.html and it should open up in IE or firefox depeding on your default browser.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

get dreamweaver,you can edit and view at the same time.

even use CSS XHML,HTML or any other document in that program... if you need help locating it.. U@U me.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Yeah my friend suggested dreamweaver as we have it at college but it kept stuffing up my php code when i would enter hex codes in for colour n such or open n close php

new topics

top topics

join