It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above Top Secret Foresight!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I've been noticing ever since my membership, that we here at ATS.com have a one up on the rest of the world! We're watching every move anybody makes, EVERYWHERE. I'm familiar with news 2 or 3 days before my local news reports it and sometimes, a few days ahead of maintstream media.

As a member, what is your favorite "one up" on national/international media?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I'd have to say the recent Israeli strike on Syria was pretty interesting, seeing as how we all knew something had gone on an entire week before anything, spin or not, was reported in the media.

I also thought it was pretty incredible that so many people on ATS.com had the ability to predict another stock market crash in September. I was anticipating another huge drop in the dollar and as I was telling some of the people around me, much to my surprise because I wasn't sure if it was correct or not... The fed had to jump in and save the day. People thought I was Nostradamus.

Pretty cool feeling knowing that you and your peers are contributing to absolute political awareness all around the world.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I've been lurking and treading the ATS boards for the best part of two years and the number of lateral-connections made between news events and the bringing-together in one place of a whole range of diverse knowledge bases from science to politics to military is staggering!

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I know. Never have I been anywhere that rivals this abundance of knowledge and the integrity of the people who post here. Friend or foe I usually have the utmost respect for both.

Look at the NAU, too. That's nowhere to be found but it's hitting us ATS members in the face everyday.

This sight is like a neo-yellow journalism, post-buy Hearst movement. Everyone is so sick of being forcefed BS, they start digging for the news themselves.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I agree. I also think the similarities between the two have become even more prevalent. Some philosophical questions about that in this thread right here:

ATS going mainstream or vice versa?:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
remember, remember the 5th of November....

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I don't watch news on TV and the only other sites I go to are for entertainment, so ATS is my main news source. A very good one at that. It's almost addicting.

It's usually scary seeing something first reported here actually become mainstream though.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The bombings in the UK, I would have to say. A member was there, and started reporting it via his laptop or phone, I cant remember. We knew what was going on before the news crews even knew to go there.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by rationalgaze

Before I was a member I would lurk for about an hour or two everyday.. Now that I'm a member I'm on this # 6+ hours a day. I guess it pays off to work at a club.

It's more than addicting. This is the political information superhighway. Nothing can touch it.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Wish I would have been around for that.

I even thought our coverage of Ahmadinejad coming to the States was pretty amazing.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Having a member on scene during the Wisconsin shooting stands out for me. Hearing the information, as it happened, without the typical media fluff was truly unbelievable. I felt it gave a real face to a very tragic situation and far beat out anyone else's coverage. The real story was already posted on ATS while other news outlets were catching up for days.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
We had a thread like this a while back...

ATS is an up and coming orginization, we get the info before most other outlets do, my favortie time when we beat the media to the punch was when that steam pipe exploded in New York, we had a member post that somethign happen on here something like 2 or 3 mins after it happen, WAY before anyone knew what even happen, and WAY before the 'news' started reporting on it...

This is a place that is special, in the good way

However, i do think that it is important to keep up with the 'major' news channels, if not only to see how slanted they are...

But when the ATSNN starts broadcasting video... and has a 'legit' news station, and such, then we could rely on it for our only sorce of info, in the meantime, keep cross-checking.

Also, mabye get ATS's name out there, sure people will give you a wired look when you say it, but if they take the time to check it out, they'll thank you, and if they are so in love with FOX news, that they can't even look at something wlse, screw em.

It seems most people 'lurk' for some time before they registar and come, end after they registar, it takes a while to get the courage to start posting, but after a while, a posting 'style' comes into form.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Really there have been so many. I dont watch the nightly news anymore, because it is frustrating. We read about so many important events here and they want to do a 10 min. story about how someone helped granny get her cat out of a tree, and managed to do so with out breaking a nail. Followed by a 10 second miniclip mentioning a school that got shot up. Its down right frustrating. Half the time they have their facts so mixed up the story they tell is totaly different than what is actually happening. Oh and dont get me started about the 'breaking news'....'this just in' that we read about yesterday.

Nope, those big news stations aint got nuttin on us here at ATS.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

I watch the news but don't necessarily listen. I'll have the news on and be on ATS.com and just watch them play weekly catch up.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

However, i do think that it is important to keep up with the 'major' news channels, if not only to see how slanted they are...

But when the ATSNN starts broadcasting video... and has a 'legit' news station, and such, then we could rely on it for our only sorce of info, in the meantime, keep cross-checking.

I agree, the cross-checking is really important to see how much the news channels spin and select stories based on a bias, usually pro-globalization/pro-fear. I've just gotten sick of TV in general, so that's my reason for resorting to this site for reliable news instead. It gives you a chance for a true alternate viewpoint on things.

new topics

top topics

join