It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morality Dilemma?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Okay, So some might classify this as more of a rant, but here goes...

Several months ago when my partner and I started dating she said that she wanted an open relationship. I stated that I was not be comfortable with the idea.
Regardless, I agreed, having no intention on my behalf to be with someone else. At the same time, I knew she would end up being with someone else. I knew that when it happens and when I find out, I would be distraught about it. It's something I never could cope with.

Anyway, back to the point. Skip forward several months until now.
As far as I know, she has not been with anyone else. At a party last week I was drinking heavily. I decided that I had enough, and should probably head on home. On the way home I bumped into one of her friends and we got talking. Next thing I know, we are at her place. It's needless to say what happened there, but not long after I felt too guilty and left.

The next day my partner had been told what happened via the friend. As a result she broke up with me, and severed all connection.

I know that nothing can be done. What I am asking ATS is the moral dilemma here.
Does she have ANY rights to end a relationship for an event which was permitted by her?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gear
Does she have ANY rights to end a relationship for an event which was permitted by her?

this is just my opinion but she has the 'right' to do whatever she wants..i know what you mean though...

i would say she is in the wrong is she was point blank about wanting an open relationship....
sounds like she got bent cause you got down with the get down..

if it were me, i'd say good riddance. i would not want to be with someone that 'might' want to be with other people..

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Of course she has a right. But it sounded like she wanted to have her cake and eat it too, but didn't really want you to have the same benefit.

Quite frankly, you're better off without each other. "Open" relationships very rarely work. If someone doesn't want to be with you, and only with you, and be committed to you, then move on and find someone who will be.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Sure she had every right to break it off, granted it is in pretty bad taste to do so considering, to be quite honest about it im not understanding why you would have such low self esteem to allow yourself to agree to those terms anyway. If your lover is asking you to do anything you are morally uncomfortable with, and know will leave you in a brokenhearted mess then why on God's green earth would you just go along with it? I am sorry but in this case you are better off having lost her and to be honest you need to look at it from her perspective you chose to be with someone else, violating your own morality, drunkeness is not an excuse.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gear

You are much better off without her anyway. All she was asking of you is to agree to a non-relationship. Meaning she didn't want to commit to seeing you exclusively. Whether she did see others or not is not the concern her. She wanted to play by her rules and bend them as she sees fit. I see the relationship as just getting worse should it have continued.

Girls like this make me sick.

edited kuas I cant speel today

[edit on 17-10-2007 by Sanity Lost]

top topics

join