It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Hello, first of all I would like to introduce myself. My name is Patrick and I have been a long time reader and decided to make an account.

So I would like to ask you what is wrong with me, ever since I was little I allways felt and acted differently from others, mainly I was more mature than the other kids and their childish behavior used to rather annoy me so I liked to play alone with my lego

Any way, from then on I started to develop some strange things. The first was a very strange thing where I can smell things that others can't, like I can smell dish's from a few metres away.

But the oddest thing to me is what I call "Brain simulation" it's kinda hard to explain but it's like I have some thing inside my head that can "simulate" some thing before it happends, an example of this is like if I see something for the first time and haven't touched it yet my brain like dissects it and tells me how it works, what it will do if I touch it, why it does it, what it is etc....

This has had it's advatages (mainly in school) but I have learnt to use it more as a "risk assesment tool" where I can simulate what would happen next.

Another weird thing is that I can lucid dream even if I just zone out like day dreaming as in im sitting in class and have a teacher talking for a good 15mins my vision sort of fades out and I enter some sort of lucid dream about what ever I was thinking, I mean it's totally awesome but it has gotten me in alot of trouble at school.

Can anyone tell me if this is slightly even "normal"?? I have and have had many other weird things like this but I have no clue on how to explain them and stuff. And what can I do?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Indigo children

Check it out and see if it seems to fit your personality.

I dont think you should see any paranormal abilities as something "wrong with you".

[edit on 17-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I don't think everybody should jump the gun and directly point the fingers at paranormal. I'm not a disbeliever of the paranormal. I believe 100%! But so many people seem to come out and say PARANORMAL, as you have instantly said it might be indigo children!

I'm not a doctor and have no medical degree and I'm sure most people here don't. That's why there's loads of reason why the human brain could be doing this scientifically and biologically before we all say PARANORMAL!

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Arawn

I just wanted to show him that there is a lot of people who think there is such a thing as increased paranormal abilities in children. I think its important to inform people so they dont think there is something wrong with them.

But yes, its of course not the only possible explanation for it. However, I dont think doctors or people with medical degrees are trained in recognizing paranormal abilities. They study the physical body only, so they are very likely to say its imagination.

Even psychiatrists are unlikely to take it seriously. I dont think there is a university course in recognizing the paranormal....

[edit on 17-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It doesn't sound paranormal to me - just that the OP has a very good analytical brain. Patster, what kind of systems have you applied this ability to? Have you tried computer programming or mathematics? It sounds like your abilities would make you very good at that kind of thing. Richard Feynman, for example, manipulated complex equations visually. He said he saw each term in a different colour and could do whatever manipulation he wanted in his head. Some people have a very visual way of thinking and it lets them understand complex ideas more intuitively. Feynman always knew roughly what the outcome of a calculation would be before doing it - this sounds just like your internal simulator.

If you don't mind my asking, how old are you? What is your educational background? You should seriously consider getting into one of the mathematical sciences if you're not already.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
sounds completely normal to me, you are young, easily distracted good sense of smell and a highly active imagination which is analytical by nature, you sound like every other kid except you are distancing yourself a bit, hopefully you are not gullible and dont believe everything you hear use your analytical mind before you jump on the indigo bandwagon and decide for yourself, personally you are a normal kid from the sound of it

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Uh, wasn't there a post a week ago where the individual claimed to be able to smell things or feel the TV come on from a different room?

This is weird.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with you. You sound a lot like me when I was in school actually. Everyone is different. Everyone has areas where they excell. There are people who can visualize advanced math problems and figure them out in their head. There are people who can take a glance at a piece of paper, then later tell you everything that was on it top to bottom. The list goes on forever. Instead of creating a monster of yourself, pick up a pen and start writing down those daydreams. Create your world on paper. Just like in school when you drift in a day dream, when you sit down by yourself, and start writing, you will also slip into a day dream. You could very well be the next most popular author.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Ya I don't believe this to be very paranormal traits, although I believe to an extent that many personality traits can be obscured to seem paranormal. I would say I am very much the same as you, my family refers to me as being a blood hound, I can smell something from nothing much the same as you described. Also I tend to be able to use any type of machinery or electronics first time, as of late I'm a cunstruction worker and I've been able to opperate front end loaders and bobcats without instruction. Being able to manipulate things with your mind is quite easy to explain as well, if you are not a common thinker, your brains foreshadowing and perseption must be very acute as with my own. It seems like you can see things before they happen but in all actuality its just deductive reasoning at work. Lucid dreaming is becoming more and more common because people aren't thinking as they used to, I lucid dream as well and I think its more because I think outside the box; the newage style of thinking which is becoming more and more common. Don't believe in that Indigo chlidren stuff thats just something someone made up so they'd feel better about themselves, more of a trend in the populus then an actual phenomenom. In short to describe whats "wrong with you" it's just that you have a very good thinking mind, you analyze, deduct, and contemplate which gives you a foot forward. Your preception is very acute and you should be happy, you are gifted. This may be a form of evolutions next step but we are not quite at the point where our minds have reached total power. I have many friends with these capabilities and in no way do we believe were "Indigo" or special, we just keep an open mind and tend to be a step ahead of everyone else. I'd say people with these traits make up about 10% of the population worldwide.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Uh, wasn't there a post a week ago where the individual claimed to be able to smell things or feel the TV come on from a different room?

This is weird.

Also with the things about the feelings of the tv being on, thats very normal as well. I know when somethings been left on in the house whether its my playstation, tv, dvd player, computer whatever. The human body is very good at picking up different types of "emp's", electricity gives off a feeling just like everything else; an I can pick up on that. Not a weird occurance just a different type of perception, for example do a test; have one of your friends go through the house and simply turn on some electrical items(make sure the tv is on a black screen with no sound). Walk around the house and I guarantee you'll feel the different items on before you enter the room and probably from a great distance away. Sorry for the double post but I needed to address this as well.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Patster

Hi Patster (Patrick)

No need to be concerned at all my friend. It sounds like you are a very "connected" individual and by that I mean that you are able to "tap into" the grid of universal consciousness where all knowledge of past, present and future is available to all who can access it.

This is what a gifted psychic taps into when doing a reading. Or what any normal person would tap into when having a prophetic dream.

This is a wonderful gift and there is certainly nothing abnormal about you. Just be careful of how your ego reacts to this gift as this can distort your path. Remain humble and grateful and always have a pure intention when utilising universal knowledge.

I hope I have assisted in some way.

Kind regards,

Dobbie.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Yup, it sounds similar to when I was younger also. But I found to have the 'seeing things before they happen' thing when I was about 17. I could see bad things before they happened, also could see death in my Dogs eyes just 1 hour before she got run over by a car. I have seen car crashes I have had before they happened, but I couldn't control these things not to happen... or maybe I have control now years later for things like this not to happen?

At school I was always day dreaming and I did rubbish. Yet when I left school I worked for a year and then funded myself to goto college for 4 years, I did better than most in my classes at college and got good grades... Where as at school I was placed in the lowest sets and did rubbish. I find it kind of odd that now I feel myself as being a lot more mature (as you explained) and not so interested in the general 'messing about' and being 'immature' which I still see in people 40 - 60.

Maybe with the use of intelligence these days we are bought up differently and have a lot larger degree of intellectual reading to previous generations? (Internet being the main).

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I can relate on a few levels. Quiet kid, more mature, daydreamer, legos (hell yes), the smell thing... Made growing up pretty tough considering the school (prison) system, I never graduated and now I'm unemployed and living at home. I have a sort of precognitive anxiety where I seem to rule out any positive outcome of any situation and i'm usually right. I can recall having a "weird" feeling on certain days before knowing what happened, such as on 9/11.

What I'm trying to say is, it's nothing special. Or paranormal. You have intelligent genes. Congratulations. Of course, we may be more at one with ourselves, but don't go around thinking you're an indigo child or anything.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You sound perfectly fine to me. I can often hear the tv on the main floor of my house give off a high pitch noise whenever I'm in the basement. The "brain simulation" thing sounds kinda cool. What types of items are you able to take apart with it? Are we talking about small stuff (radios, computers, ect.) or complex stuff ( jets, cars, ect.)?

[edit on 17-10-2007 by wonderingwanderer]

[edit on 17-10-2007 by wonderingwanderer]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I agree with some of the other replies, I too had these abilities as a child. I don't have all of them anymore but a few still linger.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Patster

I guess it depends on how your brain deconstructs, processes and re-constructs things.

Apparently these days driving down the street is a concontinious analytical process and it is rediculous. Asking for a cigarette these days causes a state of panic.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Hey guys, sorry I haven't replied but I have been away.

Thanks for the comments but I have one more thing, as a child (6-9yrs) I remember have some really strange sensations, I don't know how to explain them but they included seeing a lot of trippy round spheres in the colors of the rainbow. Well that's the best that I can describe them but boy they were weird, as if I was stoned or something. (never done drugs, never will and hope you don't too)

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
just to let you know (though it probs won't be of any use) that i'm rather similar, without the smell thing.
I have a thing i do that means my vision goes very blurry, and i can tune into things.
90% of the time, when i do this, then glance over at someone, i can ''see'' how they are feeling, and on rare occasions, tell what they are thinking. I only know this because most of the time, i do it with people i know, and i then ask them.
I personally think its nothing more than a heightened sense of concentration.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I am pretty sure I am an indigo child. I'm 18 right now, but I rebelled up until 9th grade, I refused to do school work because it always bored me, even though I could have done it easily, if I spent the effort.

My entire life I've been quiet and conserved. I have alot of friends, because I communicate with people very well. I seem to read them, and I can alot of the time predict what they are thinking, what they will say or do. I usually don't tell people how smart I am, or what I'm capible of, because people start asking alot of questions, and I don't like deeply connecting to people due to my weird childhood.

i've had lots of psychic experiances, especially with pylicybin and lsd.

new topics

top topics

join