It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Lucas Planning 'Star Wars' TV Series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   

George Lucas Planning 'Star Wars' TV Series

www.latimes.com

Filmmaker George Lucas said Tuesday that he has "just begun work" on a live-action television series rooted in the "Star Wars" universe, which is huge news not just for fans of the science-fiction epic but also for networks looking for a piece of the Lucas magic that has grossed $4.3 billion in theaters worldwide.

"The Skywalkers aren't in it, and it's about minor characters," Lucas said in an interview. "It has nothing to do with Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader or any of those people. It's completely different. But it's a good idea, and it's going to be a lot of fun to do."

Lucas joked that the series would be about "the life of robots" but wouldn't let any details slip about the true premise. The "extended universe" of "Star Wars" has come to life already in Lucas-sanctioned novels, comics and games that chronicle the history of the Jedi and tell the tales of bit players in the films, such as the bounty hunters from "The Empire Strikes Back."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
....continuing to cash-in on this giant of his, Lucas, seems to
be bored w/ anything but this series. Looking at his career,
most of it has been SW

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Not exactly new news.

Here's a post from 2005:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga

....continuing to cash-in on this giant of his, Lucas, seems to
be bored w/ anything but this series. Looking at his career,
most of it has been SW

actually, pretty much all the good special effects in films nowadays are thanks to mr lucas, who invested the money he made from star wars into the company 'industrial light and magic' where he pioneered many computer generated techniques.

if you look at the majority of the most popular films ever made you will see they are mostly his special effects being used so i hardly think its a case of cashing in or spending all his time on star wars.

(see list of IL&M films & more info here)

anyway, as much as i liked star wars and admire lucas for what he did for the film industry, i'm more over the moon that there is going to be a new 'farscape' universe soon

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Between the Clone Wars cartoon and the Live Action series due to air in a couple years, being a Star Wars Fan has never been more fun. I'm looking forward to this!!

TheBorg

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
thank you for the wonderful post. however, this is old news to me and other Star wars fans. we heard about this in 2005. after the release of revenge of the sith.

the show will have minimal special effects. more masked and costumed characters, and miniatures like space ships and things. it will be focused on my favorite character, boba fett, but plo koon and others will make apperances..when lucas says it will be about other characters he means, people like jabba, the droids, other jedi etc.

I am looking forward to this and have been for many years. the show will be released in 2009 on FOX. and it will be the best show on television..of all time.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
BTW, off topic, the indiana jones chronicles will be released soon. or it could have been released already. if you never saw this show, it was on tv for a while, it's the adventures of young indiana jones..very well produced and very well writen. it won about 10 emmy's.

i want to get that set. Lucas knows how to make television. the show was very educational.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Actually, no network has been inked for the show yet, unless you have some insider information to share??

As for the characters appearing on the live action series, I've got some mixed information. From Lucas himself, he's not going to be focusing on the main characters at all; he'll be putting a lot of time into developing new characters that we've never heard of. There will be mention of other characters of course, and maybe a cameo or something, but no real focus on them. That's what the movies were for.

This is all that I know, up to now. Feel free to provide new information if you have it. I got all of my info from www.starwars.com, TVGuide, and various other articles.

May the Force Be With You,

TheBorg

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
hello borg, well, Boba fett is a MINOR character in star wars. we rarely saw any screen time of him as you know. Lucas considers him a minor character..there are some images out there with Boba Fett on the poster from celebration IV where I attended. the show will have shows from the expanded universe, the films and the comics..so it will be a good mix. but trust me, fett will be there..in there somehow.

It will be based after ROTS. there are still some jedi left over, like Vos..he could have survived, among other jedi..some speculate that Plo koon did not die, but survived the crash. of course you will have clones, and star destroyers and the empire beginning to emerge. it will be a fantastic show!

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yeah not really ne wnews and has a lot of potential to be a really good series, as long as Lucas doesn't write and direct it. And if they have any brains at all they will keep Boba Fett out of it. Personally I could care less about the guy who got his rear kicked by a blind guy and thrown into a giant vagina in the desert, he doesn't deserve a series.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It's a stretch to think that this will be good, but I'm betting it's more interesting than anything else on TV, so I'd probably watch it regularly. >_>

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I personally cannot wait for the Star Wars TV series, I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan.

new topics

top topics

join