It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Terrorists being called to action

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Anti-Abortionist Calls for Violence, Says It Is Religious Duty

An anti-abortion activist, calling for a new wave of violence against clinics and doctors, is following the example of violent Islamic fundamentalists, telling those who share his views to become "Christian terrorists" and promising them a reward in Heaven.
"As cream rising to the top of the milk, so the Christian terrorist rises above the huddled masses of churchgoers and the many voices which denounce their violent attempts to defend the innocent from they're [sic] murderous assailants," Chuck Spingola wrote in a posting on the Army of God Web site.

"Regarding abortion the separation is clear. The CT [Christian terrorist] has the Word of God and a testimony of loving, albeit terrifying [to the wicked], actions," he said.

Spingola declined to discuss the statement with ABCNEWS.com without stipulations, but said he stood by the posting.

There is some question among academics and others who follow extremist movements in the United States about how seriously to take the rhetoric, particularly because none believe that such views are shared by more than, at most, a few hundred people.

abcnews.go.com...

Since the demographic for this type of terrorist is illustrated in this pic of Clayton Waagner,

can we anticipate an equal due diligence in the investigation of this domestic terror cell? With John Ashcroft as AG?
"A few Hundred people" share this call to Jihad........as if less than a nation is an insignificant number?
Keep watch on the interdiction effort versus the clean up post mortem effort. I don't think the 'pre' will come anywhere near the 'post'.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Anti-Abortionist Calls for Violence, Says It Is Religious Duty

"As cream rising to the top of the milk,

(Keano voice)

Whoooaaa!!
I made it into the news...

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   

"One might ask what do the Muslims and Christians have in common? The Holy Bible and Koran both condemn baby murder and homosexuality as capital crimes," he wrote. "The radical elements of both religions are willing to do more than talk to resist the societal promotion of both these capital crimes.

Either they truly believe in this cause or they're using this evangelistic crusade to hide the truth, either way, watch out..

Don't worry, bomb this and God will reward you.. OK!

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
From what I have read, such activity is in direct conflict with the words of the "Christ" in the bible for whom the faith is named.
Therefore, it is reasonable that instead of christian terrorists, these should more accurately be labeled "misguided fools who think they are christians"...

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
From what I have read, such activity is in direct conflict with the words of the "Christ" in the bible for whom the faith is named.
Therefore, it is reasonable that instead of christian terrorists, these should more accurately be labeled "misguided fools who think they are christians"...

I don't believe the Qur'an advocates it either...but there they are.

Lets not forget the Crusades...they were a nice bunch.

Or the Inquisition ....they were nice to play with.

Not trying to shoot you down, there ARE Christians and Muslims and many others who do not believe in violence..but the "church" (Catholic-Christian) has and probally will again, commit violence.

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

yeah, that just goes to show you whatever the worldview is, there will be misguided fools who take it way beyond an extreme.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Intelgurl, you are so smart, No really.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   

yeah, that just goes to show you whatever the worldview is, there will be misguided fools who take it way beyond an extreme.

Yep to me it's so sad that they use religion for "a cause" to kill people..if they wanna make a statement, they should do what the Buddisht monks do....
Gas, a match, and THEMSELVES no one else.
When was the last time you heard of a "Buddihst Terrorist"

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Yep to me it's so sad that they use religion for "a cause" to kill people..if they wanna make a statement, they should do what the Buddisht monks do....
Gas, a match, and THEMSELVES no one else.
When was the last time you heard of a "Buddihst Terrorist"

Oh I don't know about that, there are huge empires created from Buddhism so i don't see a "Buddhist Terrorist" as a stretch

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This could have just as easily been posted in the RELIGIOUS CONSPIRACIES forum. I mean, I thought the xians followed those 10 commanment things.

I guess one needs reworded. My vote goes for

Thou shalt not kill, UNLESS you are trying to stop abortion, war, homosexuality or incest.

No wonder I chose to leave xianity.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
This could have just as easily been posted in the RELIGIOUS CONSPIRACIES forum. I mean, I thought the xians followed those 10 commanment things.

I guess one needs reworded. My vote goes for

Thou shalt not kill, UNLESS you are trying to stop abortion, war, homosexuality or incest.

No wonder I chose to leave xianity.

You are so right,I have pondered thise for a long time. What does it mean to say? Thou Shalt Not Kill. Can we not even kill to eat? I mean real, to kill is to kill. Right?

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The way I was taught was that it meant man shall not kill man. Killing for mean is different. But then again, these people that taught me this also said that man shall not lay with man, and many of the "higher ups" have been busted for molesting little boys. So go figure.

My personal beliefs say, "An harm ye none, do as ye will". Basically, my translation is, Live in honor, and don't do anything stupid.

If someone attacks me, I will fight back, if I am hungry, I will hunt. But I will not hurt any HUMAN unless provoked. I live the life of a wolf.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FourOceans

Oh I don't know about that, there are huge empires created from Buddhism so i don't see a "Buddhist Terrorist" as a stretch

And which empire would that be?

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Well you mean aside from the LARGE Gupta Empire in India and quite a few notable ones in China?

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Well you mean aside from the LARGE Gupta Empire in India and quite a few notable ones in China?

Oh those...400 AD for the Gupta
and this one (Malay)
www.sabrizain.demon.co.uk...

What I am saying is a Buddhist (true Buddhist) would never resort to killing another person. They would die first without killing someone else.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Oh those...400 AD for the Gupta
and this one (Malay)
www.sabrizain.demon.co.uk...

What I am saying is a Buddhist (true Buddhist) would never resort to killing another person. They would die first without killing someone else.

I'd have to disagree with you there, empires don't survive without a military arm, you think they wouldn't kill someone if their empire's survival was dependant on it? I think not

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I'd have to disagree with you there, empires don't survive without a military arm, you think they wouldn't kill someone if their empire's survival was dependant on it? I think not

Your confusing the duty of a soldier with the beliefs of a person.
A TRUE buddhist would not be a soldier.
Right now in Tibet, there are over 6 million Buddhists. Why don;t they rise up? They would be wiped out, but why don't they? It's not in their belief to do so, they prefer to have dialogue.

His Holiness the Dalai Lama's views on war and Iraq conflict

"We have seen that we cannot solve human problems by fighting. Problems resulting from differences in opinion must be resolved through the gradual process of dialogue."

www.tibet.com...

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Its people like this that come from the shallow end of the gene pool that give good people a bad name.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I disagree!
Sometimes there is a time to fight.
If you come home and find some crack head raping a family member or hurting a child, are you going to use dialog first?
I doubt it very much.
I, personally would paint my walls a new shade of red.
There is some people you can use dialog with and others you have to hurt to get the point across.
BAKED

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by baked
I disagree!
Sometimes there is a time to fight.
If you come home and find some crack head raping a family member or hurting a child, are you going to use dialog first?
I doubt it very much.
I, personally would paint my walls a new shade of red.
There is some people you can use dialog with and others you have to hurt to get the point across.
BAKED

I'm not saying that any person here would not defend their right to live or that of another person. What I am saying is that a TRUE buddhist would rather give up their life, than take the life of another human being. A TRUE buddisht would move away from an area of conflict BEFORE the raping and hurting started.
Yes Buddhist monks have fought before but they died in doing so. You would have to read a little bit about TRUE Buddhist nature to see what I mean.

"Buddhism is a system designed to bring a technical knowledge inseparable from its technique of practice, an organized practical understanding of the true nature of things or what is what. If you keep this definition in mind, you should have no difficulty understanding Buddhism."

www.buddhanet.net...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join