It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope John Paul II 'appears' in bonfire vision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
From Mother Theresa in a cinammon bun, to the Virgin Mary on a toasted cheese sandwich - images resembling religious icons are regularly spotted in unlikely places. Now this fiery figure - photographed in a bonfire in Poland - is being hailed as Pope John Paul II making an appearance from beyond the grave.

Dressed in robes, slightly hunched and his right hand raised in blessing, the image appeared during a ceremony to mark the second anniversary of the pontiff's death.

The photograph has since been shown repeatedly on Italian television, and a religious website displaying the image crashed as thousands logged on to see it for themselves.

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Read Complete Article

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Well it could just be a coincidence, but what are the chances of this happening on a memorial to him? I dunno cuz math makes my brain hurt.
I think that it very possibly could be John Paul. I may NOT be Catholic but I liked him a lot more then this new guy. He was nice, old people are nice
. When he was elected and adorned in his red robes I thought he looked like the emperor for “Star Wars: Episode III” lol.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by tetsujin420]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetsujin420
When he was elected and adorned in his red robes I thought he looked like the emperor for “Star Wars: Episode III” lol.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by tetsujin420]

i think thats the new pope you are talking about....

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Whoot! See does he not look evil? Now all we need to see is some guy in a black helmet standing next to him lol

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yeah..umm...I think you're looking WAY too much into this. It seems obvious to us because of the picture, but honestly, how long do you think the fire was like that in that shape? Maybe a second at the most?

Fire moves like that. It can make some pretty weird shapes. Same with clouds.

If the dead had such powers, or there was some religious significance to this, why wouldn't he just show himself?

Coincidence - and not a very good one at that, in my opinion.

The current pope and emperor from Star Wars though...now that's funny

EDIT TO ADD: Also, OP, you should put external content tags around what you posted since you took it from the article.

[edit on 10/17/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
People will believe what they want to believe. I'm a God fearing man but even I dont buy all these religious figures showing up on food or in fire or even all those Virgin Mary faces on glass.

Is pretty cool looking but I dont think Pope John Paul II is showing up in fire. Who would notice him unless they happen to get a pic at just the righ time?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Enceladus

That is interesting, can you post a link to the video?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I seen his picture in my local newspaper the other day, people can make shapes and images out of anything.

Check this one out and see if you can see big JC.

new topics

top topics

join