It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those rocks look to much rectangular to me.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Ok what is with these rocks they look like slabs of stone like in Egypt.

I'm not a geologist. I didn't even take it in highschool ( took physics ap
) but that doesn't look like the work of wind...

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Could be exposed bedrock . I don't know

This is not quite the same...but looks similar

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
well, it very well could be from the wind. that would surely flatten out the tops, and rocks tend to break along somewhat straight lines (I forget what the tech. name for the line is. Quartz line, or crystal line or something?)... That would explain their shape, well, depending on what type of rock they are that is...

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Dude, your reaching far beyond the bounds of common sense. Your floating around crazy ideas intentionally to get gullable people to follow suit.

I think, that perhaps he was commenting on the unusual shape of the rocks, and the fact that the cracks make them look pre fabricated. I believe that what happens, is that people DON'T expect items (IE Rocks, plants sand dirt whatever) to LOOK the same as on earth..cause it's an alien planet.
At the same time it kind of indicates that there is a "naturally occuring "typeof law" that dictates items will look similar no matter where they would be found, IF the same or similar elements that created the item exists on other planets.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Thank You Net Storm that is exactly what I was trying to convey. Hmm using my Physics AP knowledge in an area of GEOLOGY is useless. And everyone here has their own beliefs and Brains and I dont think they need to follow suit and what are these crazy Ideas that im floating? What that those rocks look strange and that I compared them to what I saw in egypt. jeeez always can count on your critisisem.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Oh and I love how you know what kind of person I am that I cry about goverment consp... Yea maybe you should open your own Psyhic Network.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriskaos
Thank You Net Storm that is exactly what I was trying to convey.

No problem my friend.

Sometimes I don't understand this place. The whole concept behind it is "different thinking" yet when you express those thoughts at times, you get raked, cause it doesn't agree with what other people "think" the normal posting should be
--I read NO WHERE in your post where you insinuated that those were the same blocks that you can see in Egypt. Your words I believe were "look like"
I thought they were a cool find.

Here's your answer ..

Besides the first bedrock ever seen, much of the landing zone appeared draped in a fine-grain soil devoid of the rocks and boulders strewn about other areas on Mars, including Gusev Crater, the massive basin thought to be an ancient lake bed where Spirit set down Jan. 3.

The exposed bedrock was an exciting discovery.

�One of the things about bedrock is you know where it came from,� Squyres said. �These rocks grew up right in this neighborhood,� unlike loose stones at Spirit�s landing site that could have come from anywhere.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
netstorm... the point is, it sounded v.much like Kriskaos was suggesting the whole things a fake.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
There is absolutely nothing strange about those rocks. Well, not in my eyes. IMO, if you see something funny about those rocks, you are looking a tad bit too hard

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Not tottaly saying there fake just from what I remeber seeing is that those type of rocks are usually soft rock like limestone or even in deserts dried and compressed sand cracks but no in almost perfect circles. So it seems odd that in just one spot those types of rocks apeared in that whole landscape photo.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The rocks are at Giants Causeway in North Ireland.

Pictures of Giants Causeway

(I love that album)

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by Zzub]

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
The rocks are at Giants Causeway in North Ireland.

Pictures of Giants Causeway

(I love that album)

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by Zzub]

Thanks Zzub. I couldn't remeber the name of it, but I remembered "Houses of the Holy"

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
hey we were talking about this in school.
We have this here on earth and here are some resons:

1.) I believe NASA has the idea of a glacier, as if Mars went through an ice age just like earth. You find a lot of these on mountains where glaciers have dumped boulders and sand has covered them over years.

2.) Water. Well water is another idea. It's supposed that Mars once had water. Maybe the water has washed over and exposed the stone? Prehaps not.

3.) This is low on NASA's list of ideas right now because in the deserts we have today you don't often see rocks like this.

Well what do you think? I hope this helps out.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
acctualy on the lighter picture the sand on the rocks looks quiet odd. Looks like something I could do in photoshop... *tries to duplicate effect* Brb with more....

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
ok look at the middle of the picture it has a kind of trapezoid rock formation. idunno if thats a shadow causing depth or it is an indentation around those 3 rocks. What it looks like to me that it could have used to been on huge rock and was weathered. I think we need to wait till the rover does a pan around of that formation

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Ok here is what I found the mosiac image

look at the rim of the hill the rocks underneath the hill look like they were pushed from it. and on the top of the rim there are outcropings of rocks too. Ive looked at a lof of mars pics but never have I seen that kind of formation well its the first time that, that particular section of mars was photgraphed.

here is the image in 3d seeing it in 3d shows that those arent shadows but the rocks are not flat.

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

But to take a closer look we need to wait till the rover goes around that outcrop. Since it seems to be in the crater ( the strange rocks) when the metiore fell it would have pullverized the rocks into bits not shapes like that.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
here is the blown up image and in color notice the soil gets rockier near the stone and how finer it is away from the stone and also the at the bottom of the stones there is also 3 stones higher then the flater ones.

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
aslo in the left quad of the formation there is a circle seems to be engraved into the rock face that is also very strange and the higher rocks resemble like a base of a foundation to me atleast. very strange it even said on the website at jpl that it is indeed a strange formation.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriskaos
here is the blown up image and in color notice the soil gets rockier near the stone and how finer it is away from the stone and also the at the bottom of the stones there is also 3 stones higher then the flater ones.

Ok, is it just me, or did someone add grass to this image ?

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I dunno where you see the grass but did you notice that inside the crater there ar e two types of soil the finer soil away from the formation and rougher soil around that confirming that the outcroping is younger then the surronding area in ther crater.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join