It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul & the Light Of Lucifer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I was born Catholic and went to Catholic school and all that,
so I know enough about Biblical history, etc...

I have one question about the Devil, Lucifer, whatever his name is...

If the essence of Christianity is forgiveness, and Jesus died for sins-

Why hasn't Lucifer been forgiven for falling,
and why has he not been redeemed?

It makes no sense to me- unless the very existence of Lucifer is essential to balance
the Universe...

TPM

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Because he (Satan) doesn't want to go in line, he's too arrogant and thinks he can usurp power from none other than God (not by force, but by placing God's fairness against God himself, what we would call a coup de etat in the strictest sense of the word) . Christ's atonement was for human beings by the way (why he came as a human being, Christ is God not a some blonde little man on a cross, he's the word, Read the end of Revelations to see how Christ will return- far from the image we are fed daily). I'm sure God could find a miraculous way to atone for these angels, but they already made their choice. Scriptures teach that the way these beings think and act is quite different from human beings, they very rarely change their minds (due primarily to their vast power and knowledge).

May I recomend this page:

www.ichthys.com...

a brief but decent exposition of Angelic prehistory, I do have some VERY serious issues with this theologian (he denies the second most important doctrine of Christianity, Eternal security which is vital to understand the faith).

[edit on 5-1-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
That one might be in dispute then.
true. however that it exists at all is a testament to the existance of some keness of it being historical and acurate.

Why hasn't Lucifer been forgiven for falling,
and why has he not been redeemed? here I would like to quote Mark Twain
AKA Samuel Clemens, Ca 1850-1880
But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?
Mark Twain

Christ is God not a some blonde little man on a cross,

You arrogant twit. What makes you think that
Iesus, R Yehoshua, was blond? here is a news flash for you,
Iesus, R.Yehoshua bar Yosef was not a W.A.S.P.. He was a Jew,
A Hebrew, at best Mediterranian. IOW he was not light skinned or fair haired.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
You arrogant twit.

This was uncalled for, regardless of who you're talking to.

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
Iesus, R.Yehoshua bar Yosef was not a W.A.S.P. ...

I cannot begin to explain how ridiculous this statement sounds. Do you know what W.A.S.P is an acronym for?

[edit on 6-1-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The only person, stalkingwolf, that mentioned anything about jesus being blonde, was saying that he was not blond.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
That was my point Nygdan, I was even going beyond that- to emphasize a human nature in God while he simply doing a specific work of Atonement is a bad frame of thought, it's the so called Arianist heresy which plagued Christianity for centuries....

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
S4G said:

I cannot begin to explain how ridiculous this statement sounds. Do you know what W.A.S.P is an acronym for?

Yes as a matter of fact I do. And given that half of the xian world is or claims to be protestant (most not having a clue that the term should be Pro-Testant because that is what the founders were Pro-testants). That statement is no more ridiculous than him looking like a R. catholic or a G.O. catholic. In fact the only ones that can actually claim a resemblence to him dont claim him at all.

BTW for those who dont know It is White Anglo-Saxon Protestant

Nakash said

it's the so called Arianist heresy which plagued Christianity for centuries....

If memory serves me the Arian position was that R.Yehoshua bar Yosef was completely human and not a God or any other supernatual being.

Again as i recall the Arian beliefs sprang from the Nazarene beliefs, The church @ Jerusalem headed by James the brother of R.Yehoshua bar Yosef and (some say) the Magdalene. Christianity as you call it was the sole invention , creation and delusion of Paul formely known as Saul , Who according to one tradition got drunk and fell off his ass. Took a nasty rap on the head and had a " vision".

There are many that believe Pauline xianity nor Arianism is the plague on humanity.

I had a vision once, but that was of a 20' mushroom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join