It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the start of a new ice age?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This is a pretty amazing clip showing the ice just slowly building. Let me know what you guy's think.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
No I think that is sorta normal. Its the tide coming in and hitting frozen land. The tide should be creeping up that earth inch by inch but it turns to ice, so the next wave hits and turns to ice, so and and so on.

We had ice like that back in the early eighties in New Jersey, haven't seen it like that since though, in fact the river only froze over like once every ten years if even.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Wow, I always wondered how glaciers formed! Seriously though, we need ice to form like this in A LOT of places around the world where all the ice is melting instead.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
There is TONS of information about this on google.
Im glad you didnt take the 1 minute of work to do the search, and made this to an global warning..

gi.alaska.edu...
www.uwgb.edu...

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Just how did I make this into a global warning? Its a question I had to members ....hence the question mark on the title!

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Threads on ATS much like a regular conversation tend to drift over varying aspects of the topic.

If you were sitting around the coffee table talking with your friends about the possibilty of a new ice age one of them more than likely would bring up the opposing view point of global warming.

Perhaps if you gave us more of your personal opinions and views on why you think this is proof of a new ice age it would help keep the thread specifically on the topic you wish to discuss.

Personally I do not feel we are headed for a new ice age but I would be very curious to here your reasons why you believe this?

Or if you're on the fence about it perhaps discussing it from both sides ice age versus global warming could prove helpful.

At the moment I'm on the global warming side, but again the earth is a very complex thing and goes through trends...but we do actually do a lot of harm to the planet.

IMO of course.

Spiderj

[edit on 10/17/2007 by Spiderj]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I look at this going WAYYYYYYYYYY back.Its a Cycle Folks Natural NOT man made. Dinosaurs were Lizards..Correct? Lizards as we know them today are COLD blooded. So Millions of years ago when Dinosaurs walked the earth it was MUCH warmer than it is now....and there were no Cars or arasol cans to cause Green House gases to be trapped in the Atmosphere. Jst what could be the Biggest Global killer beyond man.Volcano`s In a Single eruption enough pollution can be released into the air to block out the Sun and even after the ASH has fallen the gases remain in the Atmosphere.So do not tell me Man Made Global Warming if anything all of our releases may have Prevented and Even DEADLIER Ice age (scientists agree we are OVERDUE for one).

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think we are overdue for the next ice age. They seem to happen every 20,000 years. . I could be wrong but, the more precipitation in the atmosphere would constitute the coming of an ice age according to some scientist. Lately there have been more rainfall in many parts of the globe causing flooding at an alarming rate. I also noticed there seems to be more volcanic activity starting to happen which could cause the atmosphere to be cooled.(Although that aspect has just started to happen). It's just my opinion...not stating anything as fact.

www.pbs.org...

uncensored.co.nz...

www.newconnexion.net...

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
That video clip is a couple of years old. I saw it before but not sure where. It was originally a newscast footage from, if I remember correctly, somewhere in Canada.

I'll creep around and see if I can locate it, but not promising anything.

A_L

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm scared there's gonna be a new ice age too. I watched a documentary ages ago about the melting ice caps and the scientists said when enough fresh water flows into the atlantic it'll stop the atlantic conveyor. It's a current of water that moves below the surface of the sea and goes south, then there's a current on the surface that moves north. (I'm sure one of these conveyors was in the film Finding Nemo). Anyway, they're controlled by the amount of salt in the water and when it's diluted enough with fresh water the conveyor will halt and it'll get extremely cold and Eastern Europe will freeze. Supposedly there are signs that it's slowing.I'm constantly telling my sons to get a proper trade so they can emigrate to warmer climes.

top topics

join