It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skunk Works -- The Throwaway Forum of ATS or Home to the Elite?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It has been mentioned to me by several people, as of late, that I should cease posting most of my threads in the SW.

The reasoning for this is that those people view Skunk Works as the home of the crapola of ATS. A repository for idiocy, if you will.

While they are certainly right in some cases, I have to disagree.

While SW definitely houses it's share of silly and, sometimes, moronic posts (all of mine fall into the moronic subheading); Skunk Works is also home to some of the most brilliant posts available on ATS.

Even though most of them are very unconventional, they are also incredibly well written and perfectly thought out. While the OP of said posts may be "wrong" in their assumptions and theories at times, they go above and beyond in their levels of research and devotion to their theories.

Though there may be a tremendous amount of digging to be done in the SW, the few gems you will find will ultimately be worth ANY amount of time you have spent sifting.

I still stick by my story that the SW is the home of the ATS elite.

They may just be hard to find at times.

Jasn

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Those who despise skunk works seem to have the lack of appreciation and respect for others views that aren't of the mainstream.

They lack imagination and vision.

What is the point of life if you just look at things the way you always have and learn the things you already know?

I find it the most absurd how people infiltrate skunk works and attack people who use the forum for what it is for. They derail, defame, and act uncivil ... instead of just not going there and reading what they like. These people like drama and controversy ... and would feel empty if they didn't have something to harass.

You are right, there are many gems in SW. Some of them are quite abstract and should be in the story section, but, most of them are just far-fetched theories, just like a lot of science theories that have no provable data.

join