It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"In Search of..." --- Strange Disappearances---

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
List of people who have disappeared. -- Wiki-style

There are stories, throughout written and verbal record, of people disappearing into thin air.

Whether it's the story of a farmer walking across his field and disappearing into thin air or a Chinese mystic writing a story and never being heard from again, these stories have always fascinated me.

Naturally, most of these probably have a very logical explanation, truth be told, but I can't help but feel some of them may have a "paranormal" explanation.

Maybe it's just my mind hungering for the unusual, but the concept of someone walking out the front door and through a rip in space/time, never to be heard from again, is mind boggling.

With semi-recent cases such as Natalie Halloway (most likely foulplay) catching the imagination of the country, I am guessing that other people find these cases fascinating as well.

So, what do you think?

Are all of these cases simply fabrication or some other easily explainable options? Or is it possible to walk through a rip in the fabric of time and seemingly vanish in thin air?

Jasn

AS A NOTE: If any of you have any copies of the old "In Search of..." shows that were hosted by Spock himself, please u2u me. I can't seem to find any copies anywhere.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Not to side track the thread, but the old "In Search of..." episodes that were hosted by Spock are still played on The History Channel from time to time. I often find them during the weekdays whenever I happen to be home and watching TV for whatever reason.

This is just a guess, but I know The History Channel is big on selling DVD's of their programs- past and present. It could very well be possible that they sell copies of this program. If not, you may want to check a place like E-bay or something.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

You aren't sidetracking at all.

Thanks for the input.

If you catch it again, will you note the time and u2u me?

Thanks,
Jasn

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Im glad you started this thread, i have always been curious about such things.
As they say in Spanish if someone went missing with out any possible explanation - translates to "The earth swallowed him/her"

I do know there's plenty of foul play out there but there's a small minority of cases that cannot be explained.
I do hope someone offers explanations besides being zapped by aliens, or the like.
Hmmmm, could it be that some DO cross some time barrier and can never come back?\

Good post

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
This subject also fascinates me.

paranormal.about.com...

Jenny Randels has some intriguing stories in her book "Time Storms"

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

As they say, "ANYTHING is possible."

I certainly think there have been instances of someone being swallowed up by things that we can't yet understand.

If it weren't for my family, I would personally love to experience it for the sake of knowledge.

Jasn

top topics

join