It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21 schools closed after teen dies of staph

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

BEDFORD, Va. - A high school student who was hospitalized for more than a week with an antibiotic-resistant staph infection has died, and officials shut down 21 schools for cleaning to keep the illness from spreading.

Source:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

And

Deadlier Than Aids
More than 90,000 Americans get potentially deadly infections each year from a drug-resistant staph “superbug,” the government reported Tuesday in its first overall estimate of invasive disease caused by the germ.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This is something that is only going to get worse.

Staph has always been a serious infection. If it gets into your blood stream, you might as well cash in your chips, not to make light of a serious situation, but it's the truth.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The prevalence of these types of infections appear to be on the rise bigtime. I wonder if these are a mutated form of mrsa that has become more pathegenic and virulent. It keeps getting more and more scary out there. Or is it, our immune systems are being comprosed to allow these types of infections to take hold or a combination.

Edit: For last thought

[edit on 16-10-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Someone at our school always has staph, one kid I think has gotten it 4 times maybe so far during his years at the school.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
my daughter has just had her 3rd staph infection I also had one it was very scary started under my arm a huge lump and very painful went to the dr. and got on meds after days it drained my other daughter a nurse said drs said biggest threat right now is this staph as they are seeing alot if it i lived in fear with mine for a few wks as i got an infection at same time by eye dr. told me if your eye starts to hurt to move it run dont walk to emergency room as it could go to your brain man i lived in major fear he gave me also cream to put in nose and told me to use a wash u buy over the counter all over body to kill any germs

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Meh.

Had had the endocarditis / septacemia version of this.

survived.

Just.

It lives on your skin all the time.

Your only real defence is REALLY impressive personal hygine.

anytime you get a cut your at risk.

top topics

join