It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Book Claims Clintons Eavesdropped on Political Enemies in 1992 Race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

New Book Claims Clintons Eavesdropped on Political Enemies in 1992 Race

thehill.com

In their book about Clinton’s rise to power, Her Way, Don Van Natta Jr., an investigative reporter at The New York Times, and Jeff Gerth, who spent 30 years as an investigative reporter at the paper, wrote: “Hillary’s defense activities ranged from the inspirational to the microscopic to the down and dirty. She received memos about the status of various press inquiries; she vetted senior campaign aides; and she listened to a secretly recorded audiotape of a phone conversation of Clinton critics…
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hillary, it appears, is only against eavesdropping to prevent terrorist attacks.

Doing it to help her or her husband's political career is fine though.

thehill.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well a lot of accusation get thrown around in the political wildness. Bush is accused of being gay in one book that is floating around. If enough solid evidence was found not including hear say I would support criminal charges being laid against Hillary. This could just be a case of the Republicans trying to make mud stick.

If Hillary isnt a elected she faces less of a chance of facing a politically motivated prosecution. If she is elected and faces legal action over this matter she could just pardon her collaborates or those under fire much like Bush senior did with those who were connected with the Iran Contra affair.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Well a lot of accusation get thrown around in the political wildness. Bush is accused of being gay in one book that is floating around. If enough solid evidence was found not including hear say I would support criminal charges being laid against Hillary. This could just be a case of the Republicans trying to make mud stick.

I'm a British Conservative, and part of all of this love in between our two countries is Blair making up for John Major opening our MI5 security files to George Bush Senior in the 1992 election. This shames me so much as a Briton, but the right are trying to cover for that charge, they're bent, we've reformed, in my humble opinion.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

That may be true, but I doubt there are many career New York Times investigative reporters who are Republican shills.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Admittedly this a bit of a generalization and so far the accusations have yet been substantiated but I do think that in some people desperation to see the back of the Bush admin they are prepared to overlook to may things and are resigned to ending up with Hillary . Still some on the political left are more in clued to Hillary because of her Iraq war but that and a whole lot of other issues I could bring up are topics for another thread.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This really isn't that surprising. The Clinton's are incredible hypocrites. As you said, it's fine for Hillary to eavesdrop for political gain, but doing it to prevent terrorism is just plain unconstitutional. Anybody who thinks this country needs 4 more years of a Clinton in office are kidding themselves. As far as I'm concerned, any Dem winning the White House spells disaster for this country.

top topics

join