It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Object On Far Side Of Moon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I worked at Cape Canaveral and the Kennedy Space Center from 1958 to 1992.
There are many mysteries that have been discovered during the years that we have been exploring the moon, sun and planets.
The former CEO of the Lockheed Skunk Works, (SR-71, Stealth Fighter, etc.,) was visiting the Cape many years ago. I asked him a question. Ben Rich said, Clark, Black Budget $$ has taken the USA Military at least 50+ years beyond the present understanding of the general public and how far we are technologically advanced. You have no idea where we have gone out there. I said, "Mars, Sir?" He looked at me a his head movement said yes.
Are there monuments on the moon, Mars, etc., bet on it.
Note to all ATS members.
I have received ONLY three emails from members in the last week. My emails in and out are being blocked. So, if you send one, mark it ATS Member in the email title.
Clark C. McClelland, former ScO, Space Shuttle Fleet, KSC, Florida
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Good find!

If it is not on World wind or is just blacked out then i think we can assume that the object has been blurred on the Wiki picture on purpose just so we can see the edge of it and nobody wants this seen!

Ive asked this in another post above, How big do we estimate it could be?

Welcome to the Thread KSCVeteran

Thanks
Sostyles

[edit on 22-10-2007 by sostyles]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I dont really see anything....but the whole picture of the moon looks like its been altered....alot of areas dont match up, like if you look just to the right and south a bit from where this picture is highlighted...just looks like it doesn't belong, alot of this picture looks that way in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sostyles

The "object" at lower left would be well over several hundred miles long if it were an actual object. The "helicopter"-style image on the right is just another radial spray from an impact. It, too, is well over 300 miles in diameter. (Big "helicopter".) There are radial impact sprays all over the moon image, some quite sharply edged.

The edges of lower left object are artifacts of collisions over larger collisions over thousands of years of impacts. EVENTUALLY an odd pattern or two will form that will be deciphered by an observer as something special. (See "million monkeys randomly typing for a million years".)

You know sometimes when you look at random chaotic patterns in wallpaper or smudges of stuff you begin to see faces, objects, etc.? (Think of how many people see Jesus in a dirt stain on a Tim Hortons sign in Ontario, or a burnt piece of toast, etc.)
That is a hardwired pattern-associative process in our brains... we are always trying to co-ordinate random input into patterns that make sense. It was an early survival skill necessary to learn to distinguish the hungry leopard hiding in the trees from shadows that LOOKED like hungry leopards.

The same process occurs audially, too. Witness all the people listening closely to electrical hiss on tapes and trying to discern "messages from the dead". Their minds are clumping sound artifacts into pre-assumed patterns and force-fitting "words" into what they believe they are perceiving.

Get over it. Something built on the moon (WHATEVER side) that approaches a thousand miles in size would have been attracting attention for a very long time from earth by all the ships and spacecraft necessary to bring and service the builders and their materials to the site.

And note, I'm not a hardcore skeptic disdaining everything unusual. There IS some really strange stuff going on out there, some of which I have witnessed personally. It's just that it's important to learn to sort misleading stuff from the genuine. Spend too much time barking up the wrong trees and you won't see when something really fascinating is happening in the tree just over the hill.

[Finally, note to webmaster: you misspelled "immediately" in your "ANONYMOUS REPLY" paragraph just above the entry box. Fixing that will add to the professional look of the site. And thankyou,thankyou,thankyou for discouraging overblown use of that crappy TXT Shorthand.]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join