It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Object On Far Side Of Moon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
While surfing the net i was taken to this link on wikipedia, it is a picture of the far side of the Moon and i have picked out a large object with straight edges on it!

Picture

Here is a Close up of the section.

Close Up

This object of visible on the first image which too me would say it is quite large, to the right of the first object is a helicopter looking anomaly.

Here is where i got the picture from!
Wikipedia

I would like to hear what Mr Lear and the rest of ATS think of this object.

Thank you
Sostyles

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Nice find Sostyles. Looks like a massive obelisk. Its dimensions must be incredible. Very unlikely a natural structure.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply Jpm.

Thats what i thought it is just visible when you view the first picture in its full size, and the straight lines are quite visible on the close up.

I also thought this would be a reliable source as it is Wikipedia!

It would be good to see an enhanced version of this picture to highlight any other anomalys we may of missed.

Thanks
Sostyles

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It appears a crude attempt was made to blur it but the top portion is so geometric and one can clearly see it stands perpendicular to surface.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
interesting find

To my mind, it looks kind of like some kind of massive airport type structure. The large top grey section with the straight edges could be a roof of sorts and you can make out offshoots which could very easily be docking stations of sorts for craft - just like at a conventional airport.

Either way, it certainly doesnt look natural.

Come on John Lear - what's your thoughts on it!?

EDIT: Actually on second look, it kind of looks like a huge warship lying on its side. i know that makes no sense, but that what it looks like. You can also see a definite 'circle' of air brushing/smudging that prevents you from seeing the right hand of the object clearly. more interesting the more i look!

[edit on 16-10-2007 by srsen]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sostyles
While surfing the net i was taken to this link on wikipedia, it is a picture of the far side of the Moon and i have picked out a large object with straight edges on it!

Picture

Here is a Close up of the section.

Close Up

This object of visible on the first image which too me would say it is quite large, to the right of the first object is a helicopter looking anomaly.

I would suggest you get in touch with Zorgon who is the resident moon
expert on ATS,or try posting your pic in the Moon anomalies thread.
Looks very interesting.
Good luck.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Are you people delusional?

I see nothing.

I see parts of the seas and craters that is it, there is nothing different about those spots.

I see no obelisks/towers/anything.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Are you people delusional?

I see nothing.

I see parts of the seas and craters that is it, there is nothing different about those spots.

I see no obelisks/towers/anything.

Sorry for the short reply,but what Kacen says makes the most sense.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The answer is obvious, and I'm sure Mr. Lear will agree.

It's a large field of solar panels that power the "soul catcher" that is based on the moon.

You have no idea how much KPW it takes to run one of those things!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Sorry but I can't see anything in this image. Pictures in clouds come to mind....especially after seeing the pope in the fire.....supposedly

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kacen

i also see NOTHING.

I'm not discrediting this thread but i really cannot see a thing!

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
It blows my mind what people will see in photos.

I can't believe you're going on like this about a botched airbrush job on a picture that was assembled from a series of satellite flybys. It's not even a real photograph of the moon, it's an assembled composite. Of course there are going to be artifacts in the final product. I mean come on, you choose to point out a grey smudge and a 50 pixel high blurry star pattern, when there is a clearly visible ridge structure chopped cleanly in half a mere 2 inches to the right of it on the original picture. There's a crashed alien warship on the backside of the moon just as surely as there are massive wispy white sheep floating in the sky here on earth.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I have another photo of nothing and a close up. Nothin' special. "data-drop-out" or fuzz. From the Clementine misson.

and

What was it it on the Floyd Dark Side album?

- There is no dark side of the Moon in fact it's all "dark".

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
ok, yes, absolutely, these images are satellite composites and they do contain artifacts and, well, stuff ups which do indeed pop up all over these types of pics - HOWEVER, look at it closer.

The object we are questioning is set at an angle. That angle is NOT congruent with the way the image is cut or overlapped (as would happen in the composite image) - it is on an angle all of its own and obviously contains no such 'chop off' affect. This thing is right there, its clear, its not an artifact.

It has piqued our interest because there obviously shouldnt be any structure eon the moon but we appear to have a pic of one.

Vic's images are great too - thanks mate. explain that one away as an artifact

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I KNOW the answer for this:

It's mundane ho-hum image artifact.

Move on folks, nothing to see here, move on.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by omnicron]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Thanks for your replies

The object in question is quite clear to me and no im not just seeing thinks that i want to see.

When i first saw the object the straight lines stood out a mile to me and i dont know how it is not visible to some of you.

As said by another user in an above post there is some smudging to the upper right of the object maybe an attempt to hide the rest of the structure.

Ill post a close up of the picture with the object outlined.

Outlined Object

The object looks very un-natural to me!

Thank you
Sostyles

[edit on 17-10-2007 by sostyles]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sostyles

Thanks for clarifying what you where referring to in the image. This is what i thought you where referring to.

I notice that their seems to be some blur over the 'structure' in question. This heightens my suspicion of it being not part of the natural moon landscape something nasa would choose to blur.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If I worked as an airbrusher / designer at any agency like NASA or other. I would kick my self in the ding ding if I did a poor job as this airbrushing. Do you really think that they just airbrush a tiny bit and go "wow , now they only se 90% of the structure and wont see a thing" ??

[edit on 17-10-2007 by tep200377]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I zoomed the image. The blurry shape seems to be triangular when you zoom in on your original picture. Now I just did this image (mind you I lost a little resolution...) then I only did a standard Emboss with it. And there was also another picture from a different location posted in Zorgon's other moon picture thread that was higher resolution with saw tooths pattern on one edge of the triangle. But maybe I'm just seeing things

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377
If I worked as an airbrusher / designer at any agency like NASA or other. I would kick my self in the ding ding if I did a poor job as this airbrushing. Do you really think that they just airbrush a tiny bit and go "wow , now they only se 90% of the structure and wont see a thing" ??

[edit on 17-10-2007 by tep200377]

Considering that these photo's were taken in the late 1950's to the mid 1960's maybe their idea of adequately air brushed was a lot different to what your idea of adequate air brushing in 2007 is.

Remember your concealing things for a public of the 1960's not a public of 2007.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by blahdiblah]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join