It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nas Reveals Controversial Title Of New LP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

On Friday night at New York's Roseland Ballroom, Nas announced the title of his next album: He said it will be called Nigga and released in December. A source close to the project confirmed the name on Saturday.

Read this today, thought it was a pretty interesting choice for an album.. I don't really have an opinion, I don't really care what he calls his albums.. just as long as he brings the heat..

Anyways.. anyone have any thoughts on the title of his new album? I'd figured a few people would find it a bit controversial..

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
You know, for as much as people try and wipe that word from existance, you have people like that that continue to bring it back up. I'm not in support of this at all.

On a side note... What is the reason for continuing to use that word anyway? Does it make someone feell bigger for using it? Part of a select group that is only allowed to say it?

It just makes no sense to me, and I honestly find no reason to use that word at all.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well the word's been around for a long time and for more then half of the words lifespan or whatever it was used commonly and freely.. It was allowable.. Words like that don't tend to get wiped from existence..

Whether it be an ignorant racist saying it because he just doesn't understand his purpose in life or what he's even on this planet for or a young black person saying it because he or shes great great great grandparents used it to show the words weren't going to hurt them anymore, both variations of the word "nigga" are going to exist.

[edit on 16-10-2007 by The Phantom]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The NAACP isn't trying to prevent people from using that word in any form?

I think that calling an album by that name is just for shock value, much like what Alice Cooper did in the 70's, and Manson does now. It'll get him publicity, that's for sure, as well as negative press. I don't really think he cares though, so long as it sells CD's, right?

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Oh you better believe that I know he's doin' this for the publicity and attention.

Like I said in my OP, I don't have any opinion on this what-so-ever except for I don't really care.

I do however respect and understand where black people are coming from when they use this word.. to an extent.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
That's understandable, and I can respect that, however, I just don't really see the need for anyone to use it, black or not. It would be the same as if I called all my friend Honkey and Cracker all day long. That's just my opinion on it anyway.

new topics

top topics

join