It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hardee's New Breakfast Burrito Contains a whopping 64 GRAMS of Fat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Hardee's on Monday rolled out its new Country Breakfast Burrito -- two egg omelets filled with bacon, sausage, diced ham, cheddar cheese, hash browns and sausage gravy, all wrapped inside a flour tortilla. The burrito contains 920 calories and 60 grams of fat.

Brad Haley, marketing chief for the St. Louis-based fast-food chain, said the burrito offers the sort of big breakfast item normally found in sit-down restaurants with an added advantage.

"It makes this big country breakfast portable," he said.

Link

Hmmm, I wonder why obesity is such a problem in America?
Why don't these fast food places try to actually help people eat healthy.
Its a weak attempt to just put a salad on the menu and say you have a healthy section.

[edit on 16-10-2007 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
My god! You could feed a Darfurian refugee for a day with that!

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I bet survivorman could pack one of these and eat for a month. Just add a pinch of this breakfast burrito to a canteen of water and your good to go for the day.:w:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Every time I drive through to a fast food place this is what runs through my mind:

'Why am I here? Maybe I should turn around... no its too late now! I shouldn't eat this I'm getting fat. But it tastes good... no it doesn't it tastes like

Then just turn around what is wrong with you. It's too late now I'm at the window to order.' Makes order... "Ya, let me get one of them dollar chicken sandwiches..." "One chicken sandwich???" They ask in utter confusion. "Yes, just one, thanks." 'Geez, she seemed surprised.' Pulls up to the window... 'Wow she looks sad, maybe I shouldn't support this place, I don't think she gets paid enough for this crap.' So I get my sandwich and leave her a little tip.. 25 or 50 cent normally.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This kind of thing just baffles me.

It's almost to the point in America where being fat is like being a criminal, and yet it's the food that's awful for you that is cheap and accessible.

Case in point being organic, healthy foods. I could stock up on days' worth of dollar menu junk or buy enough fruits, vegetables, and lean meats for 2, maybe 3 meals.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Good Lord!!!

That's almost an entire weeks worth of fat for some people.

Beans for breakfast?!?!?

My poor little arse would be blasting off like a machine gun!

I can't go to work like that. My customers would fire me for sure!

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   

two egg omelets filled with bacon, sausage, diced ham, cheddar cheese, hash browns and sausage gravy, all wrapped inside a flour tortilla.

Hmm, so two of them would have 120 grams of fat, then. How about if I don't eat the tortillas? Wonder what that would save me...

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The thing I don't understand is that I could make that same recipe at home (from scratch), and it would probably have half the fat and 2/3 the calories.

But I know it wouldn't taste nearly as good.

Peace

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Mmmm...delicious. I want one now.

Anyway, it's not the fast food places fault so many Americans are fat. They don't HAVE to eat there so much. It's a personal decision.

It's not up to fast food places to watch what people eat. People need to take care of themselves and not rely on fast food resteraunts to keep them healthy.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Why is it that Hardees/Carls Jr. always has to the obesity trendsetter in these types of scenarios?

It seems like they love to lead the way and encourage this plus sized nation into eating just a bit more, it wont hurt.

What I would love to see is some Hardees/Carls Jr exec take the supersize me challenge with their own food and see how quickly the doctors give him the "stop eating Hardees or you will die" line.

Dont get me wrong, the first time I saw this commercial, I began to salivate instantly but then the desire turned to disgust as I heard how fattening these were. I then went and made a 3 egg breakfast with some wheat toast, turkey bacon and OJ. Now that was satifying

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Allow me to take a stab at this.

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Hmmm, I wonder why obesity is such a problem in America?

The customers are to blame, not the fast food joints. The people alone have the ultimate choice of eating/not eating at these places. Can we agree?

Why don't these fast food places try to actually help people eat healthy.

Good idea. I don't know why. Maybe this is a bad business idea. Maybe "they" did a study and the results were that people like crap food. Maybe "healthy" food costs more to produce/get.

Its a weak attempt to just put a salad on the menu and say you have a healthy section.

Doesn't McDonald's salad have more sugar/other crap than their bigmac? That's funny.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
i suppose if one gets their friggin breakfast at hardees they don't worry too much about that sort of thing.

hardees

new topics

top topics

join