It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hopes and prayers... please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
hey all hows it going? well yea im not a regular poster everyday i do check about every day the forums just for some news/laughs/ and tips on movies games and so on.

anyways i was just asking for some prayers and maybe some advice on what to do.

Long story short. mom went into hospital complaing of chest pains (not heart) but like that area. the did cat scan and everything and diagnosed it as pneunomia (yea cant spell sorry) everything was fine pain went away cam ehome about 3 weeks later they wanted a follow up exam. so she got another Cat scan and they found a mass about the size of a finger nail on her left lung. that was the same mass they "treated" earlier. but they wanted to do a lung biopsy (needle in to take tissue sample) and they did that today. bad news.... lung cancer.
im not really pointing fingers now or anything yes she did smoke but she quit and yes my dad smokes and everything so i dont really care if they brought it upon themselves or not. first in family line on moms side to have it. dads side had my grandma have it. but tomarrow we find out whether it can be operated/kemo-ed on or not.

i guess im just looking for someone who has been through or nos what its like and kinda wondering what i should expect. hasnt spread and everything but still....
so just asking for some prayers and tips...

Thanks all i will update and i love BTS (just havent posted regularly on it)
thanks again

Hitman

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hitman132436

i know how its like when your mothers under the knife (worse experience ever)
hopes and prays from me that your mother makes a healthy and speedy recovery and nothing goes wrong.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I cannot offer any specific advice, but since you're internet savvy, do some searches on her type of cancer and help inform yourself and your family about how best to handle all the doctors and treatments.

Your mom and your family will be in my thoughts. I wish her well.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hitman132436
so just asking for some prayers...

You got it man.
Keep your head up!

Can't really offer you any tips though, no personal experience with such.

Peace

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Ok.I have been there done that.My mother had lung cancer.Not the same scenario though.
The mass sounds small.Easily removed if necessary.My mother had radiation therapy.The cancer did not return in her lung.
It is a scary thing because as soon as you here the "C" word, everyone thinks the worst.It does not have to be that way.I encourage you and your family to do lots of research and reading.Especially of those that have been cured.Explore alternative therapies as well.Cancer does not just appear out of no where. There is an imbalance or something lacking somewhere in the body. In the lung, I would say she is breathing too many chemicals. Not just from secondhand smoke.These can come from ordinary household cleaners and air fresheners.
Read, read, read.
I wish the best of luck and health to your mother.
AccessDenied

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I really, really, really hope your mom gets better. Just remember to have hope and don't give up or expect the worst.

My aunt's friend had cancer, but when she found out she had only 6 months to live, she decided to turn her life around and make it the best 6 months of her life. She had a positive outlook, became active, became a hardcore vegan and basically lived every day to its fullest extent (even through the chemotherapy and regular hospital visits). Needless to say, she lived for 6 more years and is still thriving today.

Basically what I'm trying to say is don't give up. Life can't be spent worrying and crying. I'm really sorry this happened...

top topics

join