It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Pope John Paul II waving from beyond the grave?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You can see the image of a person in the flames and I think it is the servant of God, Pope John Paul II

The bonfire was lit during a service at Beskid Zywiecki, close to John Paul's birthplace at Katowice, southern Poland, on April 2 - the second anniversary of his death.

this .truly.just wow !!!

Oh yes the link..www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on [1Oct14]023131p: by slaveearth]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by slaveearth

You can see the image of a person in the flames and I think it is the servant of God, Pope John Paul II

I humbly disagree. If the photo of the fire is unretouched (questionable), then the fleeting shape of the flame only coincidentally resembles one of the many hundreds of thousands of photos of the Pope during his life.

But by all means get all excited over it if you want to.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
^^^
the old saying ..."God works in mysterious ways"

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The flames and fire would have looked different from various angles.

In my opinion it's just like seeing shapes and faces in the clouds.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I just don't see why some people get so excited and worked up over things like this...

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn
The flames and fire would have looked different from various angles.

Yes, but as fate would have it the picture was taken, recorded forever, from that specific angle and at that specific time.

I'm not saying it is or it isn't, but it's definitely an interesting photo.

Peace

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Personally I don't see how fire can take that shape on it's own.

I have to think it is a fake somehow.

Can you burn little logs of sawdust in a certain shape to make a shape?

Probably not, but I think the image is very much like the images you see all the Pope's standing like that. It is too perfectly shaped to be regular fire.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Yes but I feel the image or presentation of the Pope would carry more weight if the shape of the flames had stayed in the position over a decent amount of time.

I know what you're saying, that it caught the shape randomly in one moment in time, as all camera's do. But for me that is all it is. One shape caught randomly, then when somebody comes out and tells everybody what they think they see, you get the knock on effect of "OH, yeah, actually now you say...IT DOES LOOK LIKE HIM!" When given the chance to think what it looks like yourself, most would say...A FIRE.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Yes, but as fate would have it the picture was taken, recorded forever, from that specific angle and at that specific time.

I'm not saying it is or it isn't, but it's definitely an interesting photo.

Well, in that case, I suppose it then becomes a matter of interpretation. So I might have a point if I said that the significance of the Pope's image appearing in flames signifies that the Pope is comfortably back in Hell, where he came from, after being rewarded by Satan for his work in further twisting the Word of God and leading more foolish people into Satan's firey damnation. It's the equivalent of the Pope returning and laughing, "Ha, ha! Got you, suckers!"

The flames make it obvious.

[edit on 16-10-2007 by Nohup]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Elementals

Elementals are usually capable of manipulations involving their own element. Air spirits can filter out smoke and gases from breathable air, keeping an amount from spreading or flushing out a room quickly. Water spirits can perform similar stunts with water, in addition to pumping a number of cubic meters per turn equal to the square of their Force. (This power does not work if the domain is so toxic that non-toxic shamans cannot conjure nature spirits from the domain. Standard elementals cannot purify a stream polluted by constant runoff, though they can help to neutralize an isolated spill.) Earth spirits can manifest using local earth and walk off with a number of cubic meters equal to their force divided by three, greatly aiding in excavation. Fire spirits are of immense value in halting conflagrations, as they can absorb energy from a raging blaze, quenching an area of diameter equal to their Force in meters. They all have excellent insight into their own elements: an air or water elemental can answer complicated questions about circulation when given a physical model or actual place to look at, and earth elementals have an innate sense for the stresses on structures.

Elementals can? cannot? perform the Aid Study service for other Hermetics than their summoner, though as a Remote Service it must be designated when the elemental is first summoned. They cannot Aid Study for shamans, houngans, or other non-Hermetic mages.
Elemental Spirit

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Maybe it is an elemental spirit being used.

I don't think it is actually the pope returning from the grave, but it does remind me of the idea that fake miracles and all will be performed to make people believe something.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I believe photoshop is amazing and so is one's imagination. That is what I think.

Other then that, I think that the mind can play tricks on oneself....I often see "obvious" images in the clouds....but until I describe it to someone else, they dont see it.

I also dont buy into the grilled cheese sandwich that looks like Mary or Jesus.

**Afterthought...maybe its just one of those new holographs?

[edit on 16-10-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Interested, there will be those who will "perform miracles" so that they may deceive, yes. I don't really think that this would fall into that category. I think it is either an elemental, or someone faked a photograph.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well, I guess my next lesson to learn from being a member of ATS is how to analyze a photo to prove it is fake or photoshopped.

Any experts want to share about this?

I think the edges are to perfectly cut and soft in this pic to be actual fire.

Good to see you around, Speaker of Truth.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If he appears like this again I dare his believers to kiss his ring.

Only if the flames held this form for any significant period of time (heck even 3 minutes) then sure it would be strange. I get the impression this was just a moment of the dancing flames on pause.

If there's any justice in the universe this is his reward for dutifully protecting the flock of innocent children under the care of the church.

"I fell into a burning ring of fire..."

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Pope John Paul was the last of the decent Popes we will see. I agree that he totally mishandled the whole child molestation issue, but I really don't know what he could have done. The situation has been out of control for the last 40 years or better.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I still believe its either 1. a photoshop job or 2. imagination

You can do anything (in a short amount of time) in photoshop and people will believe it, just because.

When you blow up the original in photoshop, it looks like there could be some editing. I did my own just to show how easy it is.

I tried to show it here by adujsting the brightness/contrast...and blowing it up - I did not edit it at all other then that:

[edit on 16-10-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think all of you are completely wrong. In that second photo it's obviously Richard Nixon giving us his classic peace sign to let us know everything is going to be ok. Seriously it's all a matter of interpretation.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If you see something that brings about a positive emotion, cherish that, know it is real to you and accept it.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metalmind
I think all of you are completely wrong. In that second photo it's obviously Richard Nixon giving us his classic peace sign to let us know everything is going to be ok. Seriously it's all a matter of interpretation.

LMAO! I seriously laughed out loud. You do know that I edited that photo, right?

Thanks, I so needed that laugh

top topics

<<   2 >>

join