It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax the Internet???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
this is such B.S. they want to put a tax on the internet.

prisonplanet.com...

*Caps lock title edit*

[edit on 16-10-2007 by dbates]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by manbearpig
this is such B.S. they want to put a tax on the internet.

prisonplanet.com...

You may want to do more research and find the Bill in question, and link to that as well as finding more stories on it. As much as I like Alex Jones' passion on views like this, he's a bit of a sensationalist. Others on this board would require much more in the way of documentation before debating this subject.

[edit on 10/16/2007 by Arcane Demesne]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcane Demesne

okay here is another site i found on it:
www.eweek.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Interesting article.

I have an issue with the Streamlined Sales Tax Project in that they 'offer' companies that agree to voluntarily participate:

(from above linked article) would offer amnesty "from assessment for uncollected or unpaid sales or use taxes together with interest or penalty for sales made during the period the seller was not registered in the state."

Um, sounds to me like they are saying, "Hey, give us some money and we won't punish you" - kind of like a mob protection racket.

I entirely agree with the 1992 Supreme Court ruling that states that companies do not need to pay taxes to states in which they do not have a physical presence - why should a company pay taxes to a state in which they receive no benifits?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
as of only a few days ago, the tax ban on the internet has just been extended 4 years. not sure what you're talking about here.

top topics

join