It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rudy Giuliani's Dirty Campaign Money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Rudy Giuliani's Dirty Campaign Money

www.alternet.org

Giuliani is cozying up to Bush's big oil billionaires to fund his race for the Republican nomination.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
A very good read, and shows just how corrupt politics has become.
Then again, should we really expect anything else from these power hungry monsters?
Human life means nothing to them, so what's the harm in cosying up to the oil companies for a few more campaign dollars?

The real problem as I see it, is that these people will expect the favour returned when (or if) he gets into office - and where does that leave the environment?

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
He's always been in the pockets of these "billionaires". He's been groomed by these people since his early days as a US attorney in New York, probably before that even. It's not by chance he cleaned up crime/mafia in NYC, he had help from domestic intelligence agencies with ties to these "billionaires". It's not by chance he became Mayor. It's not by chance he was Mayor on 9/11. It's not by chance he's attempting to ride 9/11 all the way to the White House.

This man is a conspirator, protected and funded by very powerful people.

Peace

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

And that's the whole point - why are US citizens seemingly so blind to what these people do, their hypocrisy, their corruption, their total lack of morals?

There's a lot of moaning on ATS about the government in the US and what they do wrong - well, you guys voted them in, fully aware of the levels of corruption and hypocrisy.
And now you're going to vote another power crazed warmonger in?

Is there really that much of an ostrich culture?

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
...well, you guys voted them in...

That will forever be in question whether we actually voted them in.

People will always be blind to obvious hypocrisy and obvious corruption until they drop their partisan mindset. It's nothing more than basic human psychology.

Peace

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
A fair point, but people are not dropping a partizan mindset, they are dropping their pants so that the administration can - well, I'll leave it to your imagination.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Giulianni is a weasel at best. I agree whole heartedly. I want to vomit every time I hear his voice. And jeebus, 9/11 this, 9/11 that. He throws that around as if he wasn't hiding the whole time it went down, he's a stooge hired by stooges to help control stooges. The trifecta may yet become complete. Both him and Romney are putting their own (probably ill gotten) millions into their campaign because support for them is dwindling. I hope that's a sign that people are waking up.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
IMO, all politicians are guilty of this and they are all power-hungry snakes. They all accept bribes....er....ahem....contributions to fight for their cause and all politicians talk to lobbiests, who to me just seem like a legal form of organized crime.

So what's new? Why is this a surprise??

Here's an interesting website to tickle your fancy

Follow the Money

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by closettrekkie

Thanks for the link - I'll have a read later.
Is there no oversight or accountability with contributions?
Or is it enough just to hide the money so that it looks like it comes from somewhere else?

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I believe they are supposed to disclose where their contributions are coming from, but I don't think it's closely monitored. I remember hearing on the radio about some politician (don't remember who now - maybe Hillary) who was getting contributions from individuals that either didn't exist or didn't even come close to making enough money to contribute as much as they listed. For instance, there was an individual who contributed a huge sum of money (like around $150,000 or something) and only had an annual income reported of $25,000. It's stuff like that that just ticks me off. They ALL lie!

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a man i hold in high reguard once said something along the lines of "a person wanting to be president of the united states should automatically disqualify them for the job"

our whole system is a joke. if you're not rolling in the benjamins you have no chance.
the corruption is insane. the handouts and promises.
the mega companies getting behind a certain person.

people do have their head in the sand...most people in this country really has no idea what is going on.
they get their news from the same source and it's on in the background as they do other things. they pick up on certain words and pretty much make the rest of the story up themselves.

as far as voting them in...i think that will forever be questioned now.
i question it. even if there is no 'scandal'...i go vote, i push the buttons on the screen and thats it...
how are we supposed to know/trust that these are tallied up properly?
i think we have seen in recent years that there are enough mistakes and miscounts going on to show us this curent system of doing it is not the best way.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

So you have electronic voting?
WOW, now there's a system that's so open to abuse it's untrue.

I really have a hard time working out how you guys put up with it.

A newsreader stood in an election here a few years ago, in a bid to highlight sleaze and (minor) corruption - he won, so the message can be gotten across,but people have to WANT things to change, and so many people are caught up in their own lives, that the ruling party ceases to have much meaning unless it affects them directly - which is why there is spin and cover ups - to give people an excuse to ignore what's right in front of their face.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What, a canidate has a currput money source, and that canidate isn't a clinton...

Nah, still not surprised, Guliani is a snake, a cold, dirty puppet snake, all he says is

'9/11, September 11th 2001, 9/11, Terrorists, 9/11, your in danger, 9/11, September 11th 2001, 9/11, Terrorists, 9/11, your in danger, 9/11, September 11th 2001, 9/11, Terrorists, 9/11, your in danger, you get the point.'

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I don't think that it's so much that people aren't aware of what's going on, they just feel powerless against it. In our state, we have a very corrupt governor who takes special interest bribes all the time and for some reason it gets brought out in the open, "investigated", and quickly disappears. I've been waiting for that loser to get ousted, but he still just keeps trudging on.

top topics

join