It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shortage turns Britons into Do-It-Yourself dentists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

LONDON (Reuters) - Some Britons have been using pliers to pull their own teeth out and superglue to keep the fillings in because of poor access to state dental care.

A survey of 5,200 patients showed that some six percent of patients have begun doing a spot of home dentistry, a quarter had chosen to pay a private dentist and that 10 percent of patients had no dentist at all because they could not find one on the National Health Service (NHS).

"Fourteen teeth have had to be removed by myself with pliers," said one respondent to the survey.

Source

All I have to say is OUCH!... and pass the Clove Oil....

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
....economic collapse. Shortage of professional workers, the first to
go is the hospitals/health care and schools.

This is a frightening thought -- pliers to yank out teeth?!?!

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Pulling out your own teeth with a pair of pliers? Zoinks!
That can't be very comfortable. No novocaine or anything. I don't think I could do it. If I needed to have a tooth or two removed I'd probably go out and mouth off to some Kung Fu dude before I resorted to pliers!

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
this is too funny. look at the subject of this threadi started just yesterday

www.belowtopsecret.com...

anyway, yeah...i live in the states and i am getting ready to yank mine out with pliers or something.

i had some needle nose on them the other day but they kept slipping off.

i asked my wife last night if she would punch me in the mouth as hard as she could to try and knock it out but she wouldn't do it....

you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Boondocks, don't do it!! I got ruptured teeth pulled at the local University for next to nothing -- $40! It's an ivy league school and the kids work w/ doctors, so you're getting the best of treatment, I've done this in two cities. . . .

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga

Boondocks, don't do it!! I got ruptured teeth pulled at the local University for next to nothing -- $40! It's an ivy league school and the kids work w/ doctors, so you're getting the best of treatment, I've done this in two cities. . . .

someone else mentioned a dental college too.

how do you go about that?
i should just call up cleveland state and ask them if i can get a tooth yanked or what?

i can handle a 40 spot

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If people looked after there teeth in the first place there teeth wouldn't be rotten. Come on what normal person pulls there own teeth out? People in the gutter who smoke 100 fags a day and drink a bottle of whiskey for there breakfast. Here in the Midlands there are plenty of dentists, I've never had any trouble whatsoever finding NHS treatment while I was unemployed and a student. I think it all comes down to postcodes.

[edit on 16uTuesday07/27/20 by paul76]

top topics

join