It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He did it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
So last night was a big deal in the lombozo household!
Due to his condition, my son is severely lacking fine motor skills. I enrolled him in karate to see if he liked it, hoping that it would help not only with his concentration but help develop coordination as well.

Not to mention that he would be able to defend himself if and when he became a target on the playground.............

He's been enrolled for a couple of months now, and last night was his first test. He got dressed in his little Gui, and we waited for his turn. He took his shoes off and went to the mat when called. He bowed to Sensei, and the test began. Sensei is aware that little lombozo is special so some liberties were allowed I'm sure.

Anyway the test was approx 15 minutes. After the test was done he bowed to Sensei, and was asked to kneel and close his eyes. They put a folded yellow belt in front of him and a certificate of achievement.

"Open your eyes"

I've never seen him light up like he did. They removed his white belt, and put on his yellow belt. He was looking at me from across the room while they did this. He bowed one more time, and raced across the room to me and jumped on me.

"Daddy! I did it!"

"Yes you did Buddy! I am so proud of you!"

"Can we go get Chik-fil-a?"

"You betcha little dude!"

My heart was swelling. I noticed Sensei looking at us. We made eye contact, and he just gave me a little nod.

Life is good.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

what no picture of the achievements :shk:

this is great
give it a few weeks/months and your Son will be going up another belt
great achievement for your son and you for your upbringing of your child

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Congratulations to your little grasshopper! Getting that first colored belt is such a thrill!

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yeah for little Lombozo!!!!
You go kick butt little dude!
Lombozo...just be careful...a few years from now when he is sporting a black belt and big like his daddy...you may be in trouble...

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Your followers of the little lombozo need some pics of him in his Gui. Congrats on the test goes to you and your son. Thanks for sharing the good moments.

new topics

top topics

join