It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the 'house' appreciation thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
man i love this show.
house has been my favorite show going for the past couple seasons now.

he has an attitude much like myself.
i think a lot of the doctor shows are all kinda the same so it is refreshing to see house. he does not really let pesky things like ethics get in the way. he just wants to treat the disease(not the person...everyone lies) and how can you not like a doc that pops vicodin and gives himself morphine shots.

you guys like this show?
if so/not, what else do you like to watch?

i also really like bones a lot. it's not the typical forensics show.
i will not tell a lie. i very much love sitting here on monday nights watching dancing with the stars with my wife....
good times.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
House is awesome! What an anti-social, pill-popping, grumpy doctor.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Yeah, I love the show, too. A cynical, sarcastic, genius curmudgeon. What's not to like?

It's also my daughter's favorite show. My wife hates it because she can't stand House. The fact of which just drips of irony, and I'll just leave it there.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
House is the best! he's based on Sherlock Holmes, you know -- Holmes/House, Watson/Wilson, coc aine/vicodin, violin/guitar.

I'd rather have a curmudgeonly genius working on my mysterious disease than someone who's too busy getting with the bedside manner to think outside the box.

I love Tuesdays. The only other show I love as much as House and Bones is Dexter.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
House is the best! he's based on Sherlock Holmes, you know -- Holmes/House, Watson/Wilson, coc aine/vicodin, violin/guitar.

Remember the gunman? His name was Moriarty. And the number on House's door - 221B. And of course the actor playing House is British. All he needs is the goofy deerstalker hat.

Still, a House is not a Holmes.
>groan

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

i'm right along with you....tuesday is a good night for us...tonight is gonna blow though cause house and bones is off cause of the baseball game.

i forgot about dexter...my wife and i have yet to miss an episode of this one....it has the chance of becoming one of the great shows on tv as far as i am concerned.

bones is fantastic. the comedy elements are just right.

i also agree with you that i would rather have a doctor like house diagnosing me...

if you want to know what i am like in real life, think house except not a genious doctor....right down to the cane and the vicodin and guitar...
my wife was lol'ing when we first saw it cause she said they took me and 'smartened me up' and stuck me on tv.

it's a great show...

MM, how long till you think his team comes back?
they all still work in the hospital and he obviously needs them...

i find it really ironic that foreman quit cause he didn't want to be like house, then does exactly what house would have done, saved a life and then got fired for it....
i think they will all find their way back to house's team within this season.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
YES.

Love for House. Absolutely. Just about all of my friends watch as well, which is a bonus, because it gives us something to talk about on Wednesday.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Huge fan of House right here!!

Huge fan of Hugh Laurie, have been for years!

Cock up's - fuuuuunnnnnn eeeeeeeeee!!

WIKI Bio for Hugh

Interesting read!!

MonKey

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
It's funny, because first I saw House a year ago, just for 5 minutes, and said "this guy's a jerk" and changed the channel. Not so long ago I saw an episode for no reason, and I was just in love. Now I have every season and I'm hooking my friends to it as well. It's just amazing.

And for the record, I think the new season rocks.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is one of the few "must watch" shows I have this season. Personally, so far I think this season sucks and there are way too many reality shows on, but House is still on top of my list!

He says all the stuff that you say in your head but don't have the gutts or are too nice to say to people.

Gotta say though, Cameron and Chase are getting on my nerves. Don't like Cameron's new hair color or her weird attitude and I don't like Chase and her together. How the heck did that happen? One minute she's saying she doesn't want a relationship and then all of a sudden they're a couple? Did I miss something?

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by closettrekkie

didn't miss anything but time going by...he asked her every wednesday so he must have said yes....i think it started off slow but it is picking up again...

foreman is back and last episode house hired a fellow from the cia...the lady doc, remember?
so he has foreman and this fellow on his staff. he needs one more so i think cameron and chase will just have small little bit parts like they do now...few minutes per episode...

i think he is gonna hire the other chick that didn't watch the guy take his meds and died...

i love seeing him play piano and guitar on the show as he plays in real life...

a few episodes ago cuddy was giving him some static about not doing anything easy and he has his flying v in his hand and says something like "i'm busy mastering eddie van halens 2 handed arpegio"(tapping)...it was cool.

bones is really coming into it's own too.

now with the writers on strike though, we might lose some good scripts

new topics

top topics

join