It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Communion" - Whitley Strieber (The Greys)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Hi all, I just finished reading the first in the Whitley Strieber (Greys) series, "Communion" -- thought to include some excerpts....

Pg. 57: "When he sees I see him he comes over to the bed. He looks mean. He's little. Goes up to about the top of the lamp. Looking down at me. Got eyes. Big eyes. Big slanted eyes.... I see pictures of the world just blowing up. . . . . pg. 62: The world turns into a whole red ball of fire. It just seems to burst into flames like a little ball of gasoline out in the middle of the sky.. . . . pg. 64: He took a little thing like a stick - a needle - and when he moved it even so slightly in the air I could see it spark at the end, and it went like that (makes striking motion) and it went bang, and spread a tingling all over my face.. . . .

I just started the next book in the series, "Transformation" -- I'll write something about that when finished.

HERE is Strieber's website, Unknown Country.

HERE is an Amazon like for "Communion" for a penny used.

Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i read transformation before i read communion, i hope you enjoy it... i had to stop the book a few times to reflect on what i was reading

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
they are both amazing books, its hard to believe what your reading sometimes but i believe he is telling the truth... in communion the is a part in the book about 2 aliens that walked into a bookstore and started reading copies of communion and saying things like 'that isnt how it happened' 'he got that wrong'..... cool stuff

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Cstorm -- I haven't finished "Breakthru" yet but there wasn't anything about that bookstore scene in Communion or Transformation. Not to my recollection.

I didn't know 2012 and the Grays were fiction. Amma idiot, I got 2012 online Amazon halfprice and didn't look into it at all, just got it in the mail. Going to exchange it at a used bkshop in town.

Yeah, I really enjoyed this book in retrospect, he was (sort of) believable and I didn't know he was the author of Day After Tomorrow..... so maybe he's like the conditioning around? Just a theory.

np > seam - "are you driving me crazy?"

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me..but umm Shouldn't this be in the literature forum?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
if you havent finished the book then thats why you havent got to the part i was refering to???

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I remember that part to Cosmicstorm..............and its been more than 15 years since I read that book, but I remember the bookstore scene as well.

I do not think the books are a 'series'.....as they do not link up and build a story based on what you read before. The books each stand on their own and it matters not a bit which one you read first........
'The Grey's' is just Mr Streibers latest book, and it is not even written in the same fashion or style as Communion or Tranformation so they can't be considered a series lol...........just because they have the same author does not automatically MAKE them a series lol.

I just read 'The Greys' last month and it was one of the coolest books I have enjoyed in a loooong time. I highly recommend it

I am glad Whitley is still writting

Long time back in his career he wrote a story unrelated to Aliens called 'Cat Magic" and thats a really great fiction work on Wiccan's and Wiccan practice.

I am a fan.

[edit on 21-10-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
thanks for that i knew i wernt going mad and that that scene was definatley in the book!

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

The Grays is listed as a fiction title as well as his latest 2012.

I liked Communion enough to read Transformation and now Breakthrough which I'm almost half way into.... I know they're not an actual "series" w/ a book one, two, etc.... he does continue telling his abduction story so I phrased it that way.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I am about half way through reading "communion" and boy, it sure is interesting!! Its been hard to read a bit because it jumps from one point in time to another in an odd manner, but i love it. It really seems like this guy is going after the truth and examines almost every possible reason why this could be happening to him (psychological, hallucinations, etc.....). After this its on to the 4 Zeceriah Stichin books...cant wait!
This book is a great one for anyone interested in contact and visitation.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I have just finished Communion - having loved the movie for years I finally got around to reading the book. Although I have no conscious memory of anything happening to myself, at several points throughout the book it made me reflect on similar dreams/memories I have had, making the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end
I have Transformation to read so will no doubt look for BreakThrough too.

I thoroughly recommend Whitley`s `Majestic` - a book he describes as a fictional account of what may have happened at Roswell in `47. Great read.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by MrGrey1701]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I was told about Whitleys books not long ago and have finished both communion and transformation(just started breakthrough) and can i just say wow! After reading it really got me thinking about all kinds of things,my childhood, my memories, dreams, my reality....after reading, it is hard not to relate to some of the 'symptoms' of the vistor experiance.

He also talks about screen memories, it just seems crazy to me to think that my mind can trick itself after seeing something unpleasent or extreme, whatever the case i personally feel that i would be aware of an encounter as unique as the ones whitley describes

also heard he wanted to publish these as non fiction( which kinda makes sense seeing as how he passed a polygraph...twice)

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Ive pondered getting these books. I have a stack to read already as it is at the moment though.

top topics

join