It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Sereda discusses the Lake Erie UFO footage - and why it is not a plane

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by area512012
How did he Hoax the footage?

Since laziness is in fashion these days I will save you from burning some precious calories and post the reason why here. There are elements to Springers post that pertains to other issues in that thread but the meat of the determinations are there as well.

Originally posted by Springer

posted on 18-2-2007 @ 04:46 PMsingle this post

Clean up

It seems Sundays are the day I get stuck spending a couple hours cleaning up threads in this forum...

SOUTHPAW: PLEASE REFRAIN from posting religious/spiritual matters in the UFO/Aliens Forum.

We have a Religion and Spirituality Forum just for that.

I have tried to clean up the bulk of the OFF topic, religious stuff in this thread but the task is daunting so it's as good as it's going to get.

Forzenthought was banned because of two reasons:

First and foremost he is perpetuating a HOAX and hoping to stir up buzz for a DVD they plan to sell of that HOAX by using our site to get the attention of the MILLIONS of PEOPLE who come here. SkepticOverlord, Simon Gray and I DO NOT work our butts off keeping ATS up and constantly growing so HOAXERS can advertise their tripe FOR FREE.

Secondly, he just pissed me off with his snide comeback to my "Trim Quotes" post. And the guy who thinks that's a "GAY" reason to ban someone, well I really don't care what you think but I'll say that the day YOU go build a site with a database in the TERABYTES and keep it fast and don't care about how many times it has to reproduce THE SAME THING is the day I'll ask YOU how you did it.

Now, this AboveTopSecret.com, NOT HoaxersFreeAdvertisingNetwork.com. We deny ignorance here we don't advertise falsehoods for free.

This site costs thousands of dollars a month to keep up and running and we TURN DOWN people who have tripe like this who want to PAY US to allow them to present it here. At least those folks have the decency to ASK first.

This site is dedicated to the average person being able to get their experience, video, pictures, etc... out there and have a community of intelligent people look at it. There are countless examples of HONEST people who thought they captured something on video and presented it here. After thorough examination and evidence that points to a common explanation they APPRECIATE the knowledge gained and move on.

The HOAXERS, to a person, ALWAYS go through a similar gyration (as astutely pointed out above by torsion )as Frozenthought did here. They go to great lengths to try to deflect from the discovered reality. ATS doesn't "Play That".

I received a U2U from someone who obviously can't figure out how to deny ignorance this morning claiming that we are all in the CIA or something equally stupid because we shot down a hoaxer. This is exactly the mentality that keep the hoaxers in business. As long as there are gullible, ignorant people there will be a market for bunk. That's okay I am a free market businessman, the difference is a matter of ETHICS in my mind, selling something that has been identified as unidentified is just fraud IMHO.

Did Frozenthought actually believe he was filming a UFO when shot that video? I don't know but it sure seems HIGHLY UNLIKELY unless he is incredibly dull witted. The IDENTIFIED air traffic in that area is nearly constant, the airports are dam near EVERYWHERE and the fact he FAILED to mention the above facts in his first presentation is highly suspect.

When you throw ALL OF THAT in with the FACT he has signed a deal with a production company to sell a DVD of this, it becomes ridiculous IMHO.

Is he going to include the footage and evidence (airports, glide paths, etc...) we have here in the DVD? If not then it's obvious what the ONLY CONCERN is. There is no value for the viewer/buyer in presenting this video without ALL the facts.

Springer...

[edit on 2-18-2007 by Springer]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

posted on 18-2-2007 @ 04:46 PM

First and foremost he is perpetuating a HOAX and hoping to stir up buzz for a DVD they plan to sell of that HOAX by using our site to get the attention of the MILLIONS of PEOPLE who come here. SkepticOverlord, Simon Gray and I DO NOT work our butts off keeping ATS up and constantly growing so HOAXERS can advertise their tripe FOR FREE.

Secondly, he just pissed me off with his snide comeback to my "Trim Quotes" post. And the guy who thinks that's a "GAY" reason to ban someone, well I really don't care what you think but I'll say that the day YOU go build a site with a database in the TERABYTES and keep it fast and don't care about how many times it has to reproduce THE SAME THING is the day I'll ask YOU how you did it.

It is clear that the "skeptics" came to the wrong conclusion because these are not Airplanes so reason #1 doesn't make any sense. As I said, He filmed the same thing many others all over the planet have recently started filming, Over The UK, Pheonix, Mexico, ETC., Obviously a lot of people filming these objects believe they have seen something out of the ordinary, he just happened to be one of the first, As it now seems and many people here and elsewhere agree, They don't appear to be any type of known Aircraft, All the skeptics here kept saying "Na, those are just planes" and he kept to saying, I don't think so and rightfully so.

Because if he was banned because of the footage. Well, Then they made a mistake becasue they are not Planes and that is becoming more clear.

And the Reason #2......"he just pissed me off with his snide comeback to my "Trim Quotes" post. And the guy who thinks that's a "GAY" reason to ban someone, well I really don't care what you think"

well, not much reason to go into reason #2 now is there :-) If the guy was a dick, so be it.

I guess just try to not piss anybody here at ATS off and go along with whatever the "Skeptics" say even if it is in reality incorrect if you don't want to be banned.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by area512012]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
Always entertaining to see skeptics claim someone elses opinion must be false while making several statements without proof themselfs.

Good video OP, thanks for posting it. Its not a airplane and anyone who knows what a airplane looks like in the dark knows this. Not to mention this would have to be 2 airplanes... forget it.

Also continue to observe how every skeptic post in this thread has blue stars... this is something you can see in other threads as well.

I gave every one of your posts a blue star just to play "skeptic" for a while. I must say it didnt do much for me...

Carry on.

Oh, and by the way... I most certainly dont agree with Sereda that there is a war for this planet by the ET's. Its the US government shooting them down.

[edit on 16-10-2007 by Copernicus]

Glad you liked the video, You are very welcome, as far as if there is a ET war going on for the planet, i don't believe that either, and I agree with you, Our government is the one doing the shooting.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

The latter will NEVER lead to the truth. When one discards the facts for the acquisition of currency one is lost to the realm of show biz.

Only I dont think he disregards any facts. The object in that video is not a airplane in my opinion. And alien ships exists, its obvious from both history and current events.

Anyone disregarding these facts are NOT denying ignorance.

[edit on 16-10-2007 by Copernicus]

Well said, they are here and anybody who does a little bit of research will come to the same conclusion, In more particular, These Balls of light "Orbs" are showing up all over the planet right now, and people have been video taping them as well.

Anyone disregarding these facts are NOT denying ignorance!

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Well said, they are here and anybody who does a little bit of research will come to the same conclusion, In more particular, These Balls of light "Orbs" are showing up all over the planet right now, and people have been video taping them as well.

Anyone disregarding these facts are NOT denying ignorance!

How can you say that these objects are Alien Ships and that aliens are here?
Have you seen an alien? I'd like to see these alien ships and I mean a clear picture of one. I've done lots of research on all these "orbs" you're talking about and I've came to the conclusion that there's no facts on these sightings. Just video's of lights in the night sky and people saying they're orb's or alien ships. You've got to have more proof than that.

[edit on 10/17/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

It is clear that the "skeptics" came to the wrong conclusion because these are not Airplanes so reason #1 doesn't make any sense.

From where do you derive your clarity? I'd really like to know this. Lay it all out here for us to see. No feelings, no dreams, no coulda woulda shouda's, no might be's or possiblys, no stinking speculation period and "theres no other explanation" won't cut it either. What overpowering undeniable evidence do you have to provide us muddy eyed skeptics that would drown out the facts? If you have read his original thread refute any of this - MLH films his 3-6 minute junk video at night into the flight lanes of aircraft on approach to an International Airport in Cleveland using a substandard consumer grade video camera while constantly screwing with the focus and nightshot. Deny this and provide the evidence to refute this fact.

As I said, He filmed the same thing many others all over the planet have recently started filming, Over The UK, Pheonix, Mexico, ETC., Obviously a lot of people filming these objects BELIEVE they have seen something out of the ordinary...

Yeah and this is how the "Pet Rock" was started. Keyword here is BELIEVE and I think you do a lot of believing. People can believe in anything and everthing they want to and no matter HOW HARD YOU BELIEVE, BELIEF IS NOT KNOWLEDGE and it is not evidence of anything except a persons personal theology or religion.

Aircraft, All the skeptics here kept saying "Na, those are just planes" and he kept to saying, I don't think so and rightfully so.

You bet your boots he would keep saying it. He has an investment in this revival of his and Seredas. You cant generate any income if you start gagging on your own tripe. Of anybody, HE will always tow his own line if the charade is to work, wouldnt you say?

Because if he was banned because of the footage. Well, Then they made a mistake becasue they are not Planes and that is becoming more clear.

Once again, if it so blatantly clear, where do you cull this clarity that all who agree he is filming aircraft have not had access to? Show us where this clarity comes from, I'll buy some of it and hand it out free to those who really need it.

well, not much reason to go into reason #2 now is there :-) If the guy was a dick, so be it.

I guess just try to not piss anybody here at ATS off and go along with whatever the "Skeptics" say even if it is in reality incorrect if you don't want to be banned.

I'll let Springer handle this one.....

[edit on 17-10-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It all comes down to one thing for me.

Sereda didn't want to submit the Hill footage to Biedny or myself, for independent examinations. In fact he fought it off. Enough said. If he truly believed it was some unknown enigma, he'd have no issue with us looking at it.

In that video I think he's trying to convince himself more then the viewers.

After seeing some of the stuff Sereda has said or posted as of late, my own thought is he's a wacko nut of the first order.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Lights in the sky, particularly airplane lights, are not really worth arguing about, yet here we are. I suppose, given the posts here, that when all is said and done, the preponderance of evidence suggests ATS is still denying ignorance. Despite the insistence of area512012 that these are somehow 'special' and Copernicus making up stuff on stars he can't prove, most see the issue for what it is.

But there's a downside, a big one, IMO. Not only do area2012 and Copernicus not budge an inch from their alien fantasies, we still wasted all this time here. If the government is, in fact, withholding evidence and spewing disinformation, the stake holders of this process must be absolutely delighted with ATS. Their job is so easy. The don't really have to do anything any more. Back in the fifties and sixties the CIA destroyed NICAP. They infiltrated the organization, took it over, and sent it into bankruptcy. This is all documented in UFOs and the national security state among other places. But that time the CIA had to actually work at it.

Nowadays it's just not necessary. ATS and others like it provide the venue, and others show up to make preposterous unsubstantiated claims on a daily basis. And they aren't even goo claims. Mere lights in teh sky near airports are transformed into aliens from space in the blink of an eye. Any sober minded, but interested person who happoens on these claims must think he has been transformed to the planet Nutzoid.

If I were CIA, really, I'd make sure ATS stayed online just to keep the fun going. (Maybe I;d form an undercover venture capital group, throw them a few thousand, become a silent partner....Nah! Not necessary.)

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by area512012

I really don't understand why you're so rabidly defending this joker. Do you realize what it means to get booted from a site like ATS for perpetuating a hoax?

I see you are attempting to portray this case with this "skeptics vs. the truth" false dichotomy. I do not agree with this characterization. I prefer to see it as a case of "the truth vs a con-artist".

This is freaking ATS, fer crissakes, where the ownership and the vast majority of the membership are real believers in the UFO "phenomenon". That's why we're here. We are hungry for the proof that will validate our beliefs. Some are here looking for the proof that will invalidate their non-belief. If you get scorned by this crowd you really messed-up.

This site will tolerate and happily accept all sorts of wild, whack-o, out-there, and crazy things coming from the members but you have to submit yourself to the scrutiny of the membership and ownership. If you attempt to pull a fast one over on ATS there's a really good chance you're gonna get busted.

And busted Mikey was. ATS, as a whole, is no longer interested in having MLH around or wants to hear the excuses from Sereda. End of story.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by IAttackPeople]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
David Sereda is a joke ....any serious scientific training he has ever had he seems to have mislaid.....just look at his video where the 11 mile long tether is seen floating, and all the 'UFOs' that are passing behind it........he doesnt just ignore the fact that it may just be out of focus objects closeby, he dismisses it because 'his' video camera does not have this problem..... he then starts waffling about his own grand unified theory or something involving a spiral galaxy / time / and a badly draw representation on a bloackboard, basically it becomes very farcical very fast.

He has a new video out by the way......will look forward to this.

David Sereda, his Fiancé, Crystal, and their dog Nuala go on a journey to find out how to travel to the Andromeda Galaxy 2.2 million light years away to finds a new home for humanity.
Source = His own blog

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Since MLH videos were labeled a hoax here on ATS last time. What does that mean for his videos this time

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Not exactly relating to the footage but I'm so glad I didn't buy that movie From here to Andromeda. How poor is that film? I like David Sereda but he's done himself no good whatsoever in this peculiar film.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on 18-2-2007 @ 04:46 PM

It is clear that the "skeptics" came to the wrong conclusion because these are not Airplanes so reason #1 doesn't make any sense. As I said, He filmed the same thing many others all over the planet have recently started filming, Over The UK, Pheonix, Mexico, ETC., Obviously a lot of people filming these objects believe they have seen something out of the ordinary, he just happened to be one of the first, As it now seems and many people here and elsewhere agree, They don't appear to be any type of known Aircraft, All the skeptics here kept saying "Na, those are just planes" and he kept to saying, I don't think so and rightfully so.

And the Reason #2......"he just pissed me off with his snide comeback to my "Trim Quotes" post. And the guy who thinks that's a "GAY" reason to ban someone, well I really don't care what you think"

[edit on 17-10-2007 by area512012]

This is a privately owned and operated board. So that give rights to mod/admin to ban a user if they see fit. I can tell you as a mod for another board that bannings are discussed first, and alot of times the offending user is sent a private message in an attempt to resolve the situation. If you want total FREE will to post whatever you want, start and fund your own forum.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join