It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America: For Sale!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Very good points, and I will answer this.

Originally posted by jedimiller
So I come to this, do you think that america is selling itself in Films, commercials, religions and other ways? and if so, are you buying it?

They are selling for profit, simple, what else is explainable? You said it yourself, to sell themselves for.... wait a second... MONEY. No, the only things I buy are food, water, computer parts, and 'my' tools.

American cars are very horrible. Just on 84 the other day some dumb blond (god bless her though) was jabbing on her cell and lost control of the car, jumped across the median, and hit another car head on. The car that jumped across exploded. 2 people dead, she, and the wife in the other car. Thankfully, the kids and husband in the car hit were saved, but thats understandable as it was not their time, so thats gods hand.

This proves some things in my eyes. Cell phones KILL. They are killing bees and they kill innocent people while driving. Imagine, driving along and all of a sudden someone jabbing on their cell about a pointless meet up movie on Saturday night hits you and cremates you. Your not going to have a good time. The second is that American cars lack in handling, safety features, and reliability.

This is all our problem because we drive out there too, but thankfully I in a German car (300D), a car put together with some SENSE. Most cars made today are put together with snot and tin foil, as a good car is put together with certified steel and wields.

Its sad America has to push to get other people to buy their cars, and WRONG. If they even want to sell unsafe cars, screw them, their all going to be punished by god and have bad karma for doing so. European are clearly superior, and remain so. So, people with sense will remain purchasing them. The stupid are fooled though, unfortunately, stupid is 2/3 the planet.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So God is going to punish people for buying American made cars?

I'm glad I don't follow your God.

The point here is not about whether American made cars are safe or not, it was whether or not Transformers and other movies are pushing American products.

The point remains, so what if they are? This is America and people can do what they wish. If you don't want to put up with it, don't watch or support them. It's that simple. American citizens SHOULD be promoting American products.

It's only a movie people.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
do you think its right that the U.S. is selling to a CHINESE company (hutchinson Rampoa) sp? a contract to track nuclear material coming into our ports? then we have rumsfeld screaming about chinese military buildup. only makes sense to the new world order

[edit on 17-10-2007 by djack99587]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
So God is going to punish people for buying American made cars?

I'm glad I don't follow your God.

The point here is not about whether American made cars are safe or not, it was whether or not Transformers and other movies are pushing American products.

The point remains, so what if they are? This is America and people can do what they wish. If you don't want to put up with it, don't watch or support them. It's that simple. American citizens SHOULD be promoting American products.

It's only a movie people.

You misunderstand again!! You follow the same god as I, God of David. It was clear I stated god will punish American made car companies designers/makers. NOT the people who purchase them. I did not say the people who bought the cars would be punished!! Read again,

Originally posted by 1337cshacker
Its sad America has to push to get other people to buy their cars, and WRONG. If they even want to sell unsafe cars, screw them, they're all going to be punished by god and have bad karma for doing so.

If THEY (car makers) want to sell unsafe cars knowingly they should be punished.

I don't think American citizens should promote anything that is no good. This was my point.

Not everyone understand its "only a movie", but your correct it is only a movie, but not everyone takes it as that, and the gov/Hollywood knows this.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by 1337cshacker]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by djack99587
do you think its right that the U.S. is selling to a CHINESE company (hutchinson Rampoa) sp? a contract to track nuclear material coming into our ports? then we have rumsfeld screaming about chinese military buildup. only makes sense to the new world order

[edit on 17-10-2007 by djack99587]

That has nothing to do with Michael Bay pushing American made cars in the movie Transformers. That's a completely different topic for a different thread.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
What all of this really boils down to is that if you go onto the internet to whine about a movie you are basically a no life loser living in his mom's basement and need to face that fact even if its not your actual reality...you are still that person.

Just stating "I am a huge fan...bla bla bla...we stole it from the japanese...bla bla bla...they ruined the movie", is an acne ridden overweight comic book store nerd cliche.

Just put your hands to the air and scream "I am helplessly out of touch with reality and have no purpose in life".

Its a movie, its a niche movie the fifty to ninety something generation won't pay to see, product placement PAYS for the movie, product placement builds brand identity, little kids see the movie, they grow up to buy a bumblee or whatever, they buy the toys, the grow up to buy their kids the toys, so on and so forth.

Its the way of the world, and its been that way for decades, get over it, put down the comic books and toys and get a life.

[edit on 18-10-2007 by Legalizer]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Well....I didn't want to be the one to come out and say that...

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
We should not be that hard on him. We have absolutely no idea what he is really like in real life and judging without so is premature. I think he brings a valid point, and instead of bashing him, we should try civilized to debunk his theory. Don't sink to any level.

nyk, you do understand I mean the car SELLERS, not buyers, will be punished for SELLING unsafe cars. They should try to make them as safe as possible, even if not as safe as other cars, but as safe as POSSIBLE. American cars are safety second, hell, third. If not you have problems reading, because this is clearly stated. There is one god whom we both worship, there is no 'my god'.

[edit on 18-10-2007 by 1337cshacker]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Apparently there is. God is not going to punish people for selling cars that YOU think are unsafe for people to buy. This is what the American people want. American car company's do make extremely safe cars, and they do make some that are not so safe. Take a guess which ones the public buys the most of?

That's right, they buy the cars that are a little less safe but look and perform a lot better. It's all supply and demand. The car manufacturers make what the public wants, it's quite simple.

This is also the reason that you see products like that pushed in films. These company's invest money in the movies and advertising to help promote their product. It only makes sense that an American filmmaker who is producing an American film, in America, would promote American made products. It's the way it's always been, and always will be.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
What all of this really boils down to is that if you go onto the internet to whine about a movie you are basically a no life loser living in his mom's basement

I am nothing like that at all. I understand the cartoons were made to sell toys. but the films are important in that they deal with aliens who are among us and in hiding. it's not a fantasy, it could very well be happening and that's why spielberg was interested in the story. the film should have focused on the storyline, not the cars and trying to sell them. and like someone said, why would you puch american cars? they are crap!

I do have a life, but I do care about my mother. so I guess you are right in that sense. Look I know you think i'm some kinda nerd or something, but that's your belief, I grew up watching transformers, and it was more than a toy sale for me. I actually, liked the story about robots coming to earth from another planet.

[edit on 21-10-2007 by jedimiller]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
I am nothing like that at all. I understand the cartoons were made to sell toys. but the films are important in that they deal with aliens who are among us and in hiding. it's not a fantasy, it could very well be happening and that's why spielberg was interested in the story.

Is it really? I don't recall Speilberg ever saying he was interested because he thought it might be a true story. I'd love to see something to the contrary though.

the film should have focused on the storyline, not the cars and trying to sell them. and like someone said, why would you puch american cars? they are crap!

Did you see the movie? The cars ARE the storyline. It's just a fun little summer action movie. People don't want to come and sit through 3 hours of deep, detailed, storyline about aliens at the movie Transformers! They want to come and see 3 hours of stuff transforming and destroying stuff. That's why it was made. The movie was not made to satisfy it's extreme detail oriented fan base, it was made to entertain and make money.

I think your only real argument with this entire thread is that you didn't like the movie.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
What you're talking about is foreign citizens buying property in your country. And there is nothing wrong with that.

No, I'm talking about foreign companies buying huge stretches of our highways and byways... Yes, it is happening. Even our liberal slanted media has reported on it here in the States.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join