It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street Light Suddenly Turns Off

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
hey guys this happend 2 weeks ago there is a street down here in australia , sydney , the west of sydney and its one of these streets were u do a fast turn and like me and my mates we allways drive past it fast because it gives my mates fun times and like one slip or mistake we can all be wrapped around a pole anyway it was late night and my mate was driving and we went for it the turn and straight and suddenly the light exactly under the turn switched off just wene we got to it den wene we got out of it it turned back on and there is alot of these lights down the street but none of them turned off exept this one i was like wtf # me and my friend were wondering was it a sign after that i allways hold on to the car edges so nothing happens anyway what u guys think

Peace out

SoFunkyMe

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
It's no big deal. Street lights turn off and on when I walk underneath them all the time. If it was off before I get there, it turns on and then goes back off when I walk away and vice versa. I used to scare the bajeebus out of my Ex Girlfriend cause it used to do that with lights in my apartment too.

In the case of just the one doing it to you, it was more than likely just a fluke. If not, then It has to do with if you have practiced or are a practitioner of psychic energies. It is also dependent on the level of your brains electrical activity. I do that to lights all the time because I have extremely abnormally high electrical activity in my brain alongside all the psychic studies I have done over the years...I have medical records that prove my brains activities. EEG's, MRI's and CT scans all show it.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
thx man but this seemed wierd exact timming and scary timing

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This is what is called the SLI effect (street light interference). People who claim to have this phenomena happen to themselves some times call themselves SLIders.

I believe Gazrok has said this happens to him - if I'm remembering correctly.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
This is what is called the SLI effect (street light interference). People who claim to have this phenomena happen to themselves some times call themselves SLIders.

I believe Gazrok has said this happens to him - if I'm remembering correctly.

wierd never heard this i heard of sliders the show does that something got to do with sliders the word?

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I live in Aust too, and this happens to me a fair bit when I'm walking up this street from the beach, under all these lights.
It's just a fluke when it happens, though. Something to do with fluro lights and capacitors.

Val

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
ahh thx npz man but i dident walk past we drove past and the lights a far could be just a fluke or it could be something paranormal sending me a message alians

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
look man if this sorta thing was happening to you like all the time then i would sugest putting more effort into figuring it out but honestly i've had this happen to me on different occasions while driving as well

those lights turn off becaus they overheat or tehy might need to be changed soon

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by razor1000
look man if this sorta thing was happening to you like all the time then i would sugest putting more effort into figuring it out but honestly i've had this happen to me on different occasions while driving as well

those lights turn off becaus they overheat or tehy might need to be changed soon

this happend once i nmy life lights in the street never turned of wene i was there y did it happend exactly wene me and my friend did that turn there is more to it then u think

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
ok sorry for all these questions but

how old are you
how often do you go out at night
how often do you pay attention to th lights
who was driving
did you blink at the same time

there are many things to consider before saying that its was tyhe work of extraordinary forces.

then once you rule that out maybe do some research why would the lights turn of there

did someone die there
is it mile 666
is there a cementary

you get my point here

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This used to happen to me quite a bit, just used to think it was odd timing tho.

Couple of things you shouldn't do to lampposts tho (should I be admitting this? ah hell!) getting something like a shopping trolly and running it as fast and hard as possible at the base - don't be holding on to it unless you want broken hands! will make the thing go off for about 30 secs while it resets, the more often this is done the dodgyer the post becomes - the OP mentioned this post was on some sort of fast corner? could of been hit a few times.

I decided not to mention the other thing now as think about it it was dangerous as well as stupid

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
We pass under a million lights and never think about the fact that they do not turn off. But when one does we think it is odd, I think this is just probability.

However it happened alot to me when I had a paper route as a kid, and there were those two times the lights in a building went out when I was in a confrontation... but I digress

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by razor1000
ok sorry for all these questions but

how old are you
how often do you go out at night
how often do you pay attention to th lights
who was driving
did you blink at the same time

there are many things to consider before saying that its was tyhe work of extraordinary forces.

then once you rule that out maybe do some research why would the lights turn of there

did someone die there
is it mile 666
is there a cementary

you get my point here

a couple times a week
ohh i pay attention 2 alot of things
my friend
nope i dident blink
no but someone can with the dangers in that turn
not mile 666
no cemetery

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Some malfunctioning overheads will cycle on off from bad photoelectric cells. I wouldn't freak about it. Or reflection from headlights off building windows onto cell.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Yes there are any number of reasons that streetlights will do this, from a bad photocell, ballast, overheating which could easily fool the photocell into shutting off, to even the air temperature at the light doing the same thing. The best thing to do would be to actually monitor the light and see if you can discern a pattern to it first. More than likely if you watch the light you will find that it has a fairly regular pattern of turning itself on and off.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
its just the timming is very exact wierd ay

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
As you all probably know, I'm an opponent of all things that go bump in the dark...

But streetlights go out constantly as I'm passing them. As funny as it may sound I'll concentrate on a light from a distance and when I'm coming up on it within 5 feet it'll go off or on depending on what it's previous state was. This has happened probably 50 times or so. It's absolutely bizarre and even my jerk rational can't come up with a conclusion.

Before my fellow realists hang me for mutiny, let it be known that I've tried to "debunk" this many a time. 3/5 at least!

Has anybody heard any scientific a human can set this off intentionally or otherwise?

It creeps me out and would love an explanation.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
And 50 times that I've actually concentrated on a light. They've turned off/on ever since I can remember. There's one light right by my house on a main road that used to always go off when my mother drove me past it. I told my mom about it and she said "It's grandma winking at you." Even back then I didn't buy that excuse. Recently I was so freaked out one night I took my friend Matt for a ride after talking about it. On a 10 mile or so ride to a graff spot and back all he said was "Holy S*, man."

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
To be honest IMO it could be you turning it off just saying that, the conclusion that it is a paranormal phenomenon shoudl only be considered after you have discounted the mundane. Maybe you could try it on your household lamps now that would be cool and a great way to freak out your friends.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

Might have to. I doubt it'd work which is why I think the streetlamps are just favored to turn off and on in favor of my perception. Pretty weird stuff, regardless.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join