It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Is Using the FBI to Spy on Americans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Pentagon Is Using the FBI to Spy on Americans

www.alternet.org

The Department of Defense has conspired with the FBI to "circumvent the law" in accessing hundreds of Americans' telephone, e-mail and financial records, say two civil liberties groups that released reams of new documents obtained in a contested public records request.
The American Civil Liberties Union, which has challenged the Bush Administration's post-Sept. 11 spying authority, says the Pentagon has issued 455 National Security Letters in concert with the FBI to obtain Americans' private info
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com
www.abovetopsecret.com
www.abovetopsecret.com
www.belowtopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Secret surveillance, police camera's in NY, no-fly lists, lies in the media, torture and much more. It seems the land of the free is anything but.
So why is this allowed to happen, why is there not more of a furore?
Homeland security? This act has been constantly abused and used for many different things that have nothing whatsoever to do with homeland security, including discrediting opponents of bush and the war in iraq.
I've seen a lot of stuff on ATS about security camera use in the UK, but it seems we're a lot further behind the US when it comes to police state tactics.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Actually, technically, its MI6 that spies on Americans. And the NSA spies on Brits.

Its an agreement between the two services that craftily circumvents the laws in each nation that provide some degree of privacy to residents.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

All I can say is this:
Not according to the article - have you read the whole thing?

I knew about gchq/nsa, but this goes beyond that for US citizens

top topics

join