It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada Police Arrest Man Who Allegedly Videotaped Himself Raping 3-Year-Old Girl

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Now you're insinuating that I'm a sicko. Then you ask us not to flame you? No, it wouldn't feel "good", but if it stopped just ONE deranged monster from doing what they thought did feel "good", then it would be worth it.

I was not calling you a sicko, I should have said something along the lines of "satisfied with the solution". Disagreement with my ideas was what I was hoping for, not ad hominem.

Acts of pervasion such as these have always been a stain on our society, and frankly, will probably persist into the future until we devise a way of dealing with it that works. My reasons for doubting your particular brand of justice are just throwbacks to history. Brutal punishment can only sway someone so much, and as other civilizations with such punishments have noted, the problem still continued.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

The point Iam trying to make is where do you draw the line between the crimes of one person,and the actions you take as justice.
If a man were tortured the way some have described here, it would be punishable by law.You cannot deny that.So when is an action classed as breaking the law, or dishing out some "well deserved justice".
BTW, of course I do not agree with his actions in any form.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by aava
Disagreement with my ideas was what I was hoping for, not ad hominem.

Well, you got both. And it did look like you were saying I'd enjoy it, which is not the case. But you cleared up your intent.

Brutal punishment can only sway someone so much, and as other civilizations with such punishments have noted, the problem still continued.

Well, it certainly sways more than what's in place now. So, until better ideas come along that actually work, I'll back that idea. Of course it will never be implemented, but it should be. Just look to the regime of Saddam Hussein, brutality kept a lid on the radicals and sectarian violence and that has exploded since he was taken out.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Before I answer, a few questions. Are these individuals criminals? On a scale of 1-10, how bad are they?

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Child molesters should get death by mamba! The usual death penalty isn't enough for scum like this.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
So when is an action classed as breaking the law, or dishing out some "well deserved justice".

Well, if it were up to me the law would be changed, but only applying to those who victimize those who cannot defend themselves for their own personal pleasure. And it may very well be because I am a parent that I feel this strongly, I admit I am emotionally biased, but I am firm in this belief.

BTW, of course I do not agree with his actions in any form.

I know. Never thought you did.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This story hits home with me, because it all started here in Nye County. I'm glad our Sheriff decided to give the media the little girls name. Normally this is not done, in a child rape case. Sheriff DeMeo had to because at the time the little girl was considered missing. She still could have been in the hands of Chester Arthur Stiles. There are still many questions. I will never understand how a mother couldn't know? Surely the little girl had to show symptoms of some kind? I also doubt Tuck found the tape in a dry/cool wood-covered area. He claims he didn't keep the tape for 5 months before turning it over to the cops. Witness evidence say's otherwise. Chester Arthur Stiles is a Monster who preys upon babies and small children. I say babies because the little girl was only 2 years old in the beginning. I assure you justice will be served to Stiles. He's going to be really sorry he ever turned himself in. He's going to plead for a death sentence while other cons have their way with him on the grounds. However, Stiles will live to be a dryed-up, shriveled-up Old Man!
Alone and wishing for death.........

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Are these individuals criminals? On a scale of 1-10, how bad are they?

Who, the child molesters? IMO, on a scale of 1-10, they are 1,000,000.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Are these individuals criminals? On a scale of 1-10, how bad are they?

Who, the child molesters? IMO, on a scale of 1-10, they are 1,000,000.

Yes, child molesters. Btw, I meant this for those that are against removing these things from society altogether.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
To return to something that struck a
chord in me:

There is no comparison between this
individual and a soldier.

Soldiers come home to families.
To wives, husbands, mothers, fathers,
sons and daughters.

Individuals such as this cower in the
shadows.

As far as justice ?
Allow the parent (s) to decide.
After all, it was their child, and their life
that this individual chose to interfere
with.

Our country has far too many laws and
loop-holes that can be used to allow
individuals such as this escape with a mere
slap on the hand.

In such a cut-and-dried case, look to the
parent(s).

Just my opinion,
Lex

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Oh, alrighty. I remember back when that sick little nothing raped and murdered Jessica Lunsford in FL, some actually defended his right to live as well. He put her in a plastic bag with her stuffed animal and buried her alive, but they felt he deserved compassion and could be rehabilitated. It blows the mind sometimes.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Before I answer, a few questions. Are these individuals criminals? On a scale of 1-10, how bad are they?

Yes they are criminals, they broke laws, right?

I do find it interesting that some members must say things along the lines of "Of course I despise what pedophiles do", as if they need to qualify their statements when raising an eyebrow to the knee jerk kill crowd. It is obvious we all are in agreement that the acts committed were quite repugnant to say the least.

As far as ranking this particular case on a scale, I would rank it south of murder and north of your typical rape. It's difficult and probably wrong to generalize all sex criminals together on a 1-10 scale, they all have differing circumstances. Some are definitely worse than others (think murder in addition to rape). I can't give you a number on that one.

I admit I offer no solutions at the present time, just a little reflection on ourselves.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I used to be all for the death penalty (electric chair, etc) for people like this....however, now im not because I feel its an easy way out.

I actually think people like this should suffer, but they should in this way: put them in a tiny tiny cement cell with no windows, no bed, no mattress, no tv, NOTHING. And just let them sit there until they die. Wont cost hardly anything and they are no longer a threat to soceity.

IMO, they dont deserve to be a member of soceity ever again. I also dont want my tax money going to sustain a life in prison for them - w/ all the luxuries of a college dorm.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Cool, that's what I wanted to know. So why do we treat them differently? Why not put them in "general population"? We segregate these people for their own safety. If they are criminals, put them with other criminals. Let nature take its course. Why not? They're criminals.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Cool, that's what I wanted to know. So why do we treat them differently? Why not put them in "general population"? We segregate these people for their own safety. If they are criminals, put them with other criminals. Let nature take its course. Why not? They're criminals.

You do make a valid point. But I think crimes against children (abuse/sexual) deserve a harsher punishment. I have no real reason except maybe that I feel that children are the most innocent people on earth.

But the fact that the general population would make their life hell, does make the stance of putting them in gen population a little more logical

link   

It's difficult and probably wrong to generalize all sex criminals together on a 1-10 scale, they all have differing circumstances.

Really? Is there really ANY circumstance that could alter the scale when it comes to child rape or molestation? And don't pull the 18 year old being sexually active with a consenting 14 year old, I'm talking about young children who have NO idea what's going on...

I admit I offer no solutions at the present time, just a little reflection on ourselves.

Exaclty. No need to reflect, instead we need to act.

link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I used to be all for the death penalty (electric chair, etc) for people like this....however, now im not because I feel its an easy way out.

I see what you're saying and I'm beginning to think the same way.

I actually think people like this should suffer, but they should in this way: put them in a tiny tiny cement cell with no windows, no bed, no mattress, no tv, NOTHING. And just let them sit there until they die. Wont cost hardly anything and they are no longer a threat to soceity.

Actually it costs the taxpayer $300/day to house an inmate. More if they are high maintenance like these people.

[edit on 16-10-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

But if they stick them in a cement hole in the ground and just leave them....that doesnt cost much, eh? LOL *wishful thinking*

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

If I recall correctly, you have worked in the prison system, so your expertise on the issue far outshines mine. They separate them for the pedophiles protection, no? Can't say I necessarily endorse that.

I haven't even made up my own mind on the issue. Something strikes me as not so good when I see everyone so quick to suggest death, yet I know a lot of these criminals will be released and become repeat offenders. So then, what to do? Am I correct in thinking the reason death is offered as a solution, is to prevent repeat offenses, or is it to discourage others (which is debatable)? Maybe both?

If so, then yeah, death is the easy way of dealing with pedophiles for the time being.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
But if they stick them in a cement hole in the ground and just leave them....that doesnt cost much, eh? LOL *wishful thinking*

Yeah, it is wishful thinking. As risk goes up(ie: death of an inmate) price goes up. These, damn I don't want to call them people, fall into this catagory. A cell can't be opened without an Operational Manager(OM) who it directly responsible for the life of the inmate. That doesn't include CO's, nurses, food, hell, utilities that go to keeping them incarcerated.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join