It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

france to fight terrorism....with flying robots?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   

france to fight terrorism....with flying robots?

blog.wired.com

Terrorism: the free pass for any politico's crazed "security" schemes. Now France is planning to triple its CCTV network over the next two years, and introduce flying spy drones to track its citizens, using the perceived terror threat as an excuse to further spy on its own citizens
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
wow....just wow. ive seen alot of crazy things in fact i posted a thread about america using nano tech engines to power small aircraft to follow us. and now its taking shape in france...kinda. i hope this doesnt spill over into the US im paranoid enough without flying robots.

blog.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well lets hope these flying machines are a bit more reliable than their Citroens ......looks like even more riots will follow this announcement.
French governments have never never been famous for their tact.
Its not too long ago that I recall Cherack complaining about human rights.
As usual double standards.
They could have done with these spy cameras to observe the goings on (or not goings on as the case may be )...of certain matrimonial events.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
France will fight no one, because they're France.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster

...France is planning to triple its CCTV network over the next two years, and introduce flying spy drones to track its citizens, using the perceived terror threat as an excuse to further spy on its own citizens

CCTV... the new 'le vice anglais'

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
flying robots to spy on their civilians... that sounds a lot like the drone in Half-life2 that spies on the people..
media.pc.ign.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluewagon
flying robots to spy on their civilians... that sounds a lot like the drone in Half-life2 that spies on the people..
media.pc.ign.com...

I was just about to mention that, those drones are annoying!

top topics

join