It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handcuffed, Assaulted, Ticketed By Cop For Distributing 9/11 DVD's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Handcuffed, Assaulted, Ticketed By Cop For Distributing 9/11 DVD's

www.infowars.com

A Michigan man was harassed, handcuffed, assaulted, branded "unpatriotic" and subjected to an unconstitutional search of his vehicle during which drugs were allegedly planted, before being ticketed by a police officer for the apparent crime of freely distributing DVD's about 9/11 truth earlier this month.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Guy being arrested for "passing out 9-11 CD's"...interesting. The police even printed it on the citation ticket.

Seems to me that these days, you can get in trouble for doing anything. So try to be careful out there.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well if there's a law on the books that one needs a permit to go door to door and hand out CDs, then he broke the law. I'd say the cop overreacted, but if there is a law on the books requiring a permit, then the guy broke the law. I don't buy the planted marijuana story either.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Well, thats the problem really. People believing the cop must be right since he is a cop. There really is nothing you can do against having evidence planted in your car or being treated badly by a officer. Who's going to be on your side?

So I dont know...I dont like where society is going. I would like to believe that if I get badly treated, someone would believe me when I tell someone about it. But we all know that isnt true, dont we...

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Well, thats the problem really. People believing the cop must be right since he is a cop. There really is nothing you can do against having evidence planted in your car or being treated badly by a officer. Who's going to be on your side?

So I dont know...I dont like where society is going. I would like to believe that if I get badly treated, someone would believe me when I tell someone about it. But we all know that isnt true, dont we...

Generally in a situation like this, you can assume that the cop was right. Whenever an officer writes a ticket, he or she knows that there's a chance that they are going to have to defend their actions in court. If the accused fights this and there's no law on the books to prevent the handing out of CDs without a permit, the case is going to get thrown out and the cop is going to look like a complete idiot.

As far as planting weed in the car, do you really think a cop would risk his or her entire career and possible jail time just to get a minor drug charge on a random person handing out CDs? I'll admit it's possible, but VERY VERY unlikely.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Cops never get convicted. Ever. of anything. They are, for all intents and purposes, immune to legal retribution for their actions.

apc

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Cops still get fired every day for being idiots... They don't get arrested very often because they know better than to get caught.

If I read the actual violation right it says, "Restricted license." That probably tells the full tale right there.

As far as the pot, if there was even any found, it is highly unlikely it was planted. A cop isn't going to plant a sack and then NOT make an arrest. There's no point.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
If you truly want to examine this one instance and not degrade into the usual BS on threads about the police.. I'm all for it, so being the open minded person I am, I'll start...

Intellectually..

As a Detective, before I seriously look at someone as a suspect, they MUST fill three requirements...

1. Opportunity
2. Ability
3. Motive

Now in this instance of the alleged Pot, one must ask these questions...

1. Yes, the officer was there, so he apparently had the opportunity..
2. As officers routinely confiscate small amounts of Pot, one can assume he had the ability..

3. Motive.. Now this is where the problem comes in.... What possible motive could the police officer have had to randomly pick this one person in the thousands he contacts each day, and plant something on him as minor as pot?

No police officer get pats on the back anymore for pot...
VERY minor charge..

So, no motive...

End of story, cop doing his job...

Just a side note....

To illustrate how much BULL is in the story, the SEARCH is perfectly legal...

Shortly after proceeding with the unconstitutional search

It is called a "Search Incident to Arrest"

Anytime a police officer arrests someone, they are required to search the immediate vicinity and anywhere the subject could have reached... ie.. the interior of the car in this instance...

(By the way, that is a Supreme Court Ruling that has been upheld numerous times..)

Semper

top topics

join