It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey plans Kurdistan military operations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Turkey plans Kurdistan military operations

en.rian.ru

ANKARA, October 15 (RIA Novosti) - The Turkish government is set to ask parliament to authorize a series of military operations against Kurdish insurgents in northern Iraq, the Hurriyet daily said on Monday
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is obviously a result from the resolution the house recently passed that claims the Armenian killings to be a genocide. How will this affect us in Iraq? Will this cause more violent insurgent attacks throughout Iraq?

en.rian.ru
www.cnn.com...
www.foxnews.com...
(visit the links for the full news articles)

[edit on 15-10-2007 by Dan5647]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Great! Another Islamic country getting involved in Iraq with our finest and bravest's caught in the middle.

Who planned this war anyway? Wasn't any consideration paid to the surrounding countries and how they would react to the occupation by American forces. Didn't the planners realize how volatile the ME is with tribalism the ruling force there? Didn't military intelligence and the 3 letter agency's see this coming?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

i read this on the bbc before the resolution was passed
that Turkey were planning operations, i mean the build up off tanks and fire power was ovious

dont see why everyone comes to the conlusion that its to do with this bill

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The main reason why Turkey is going to Iraq is because of the PKK group. They had around 500 attacks last year in Turkey from the PKK, so I wouldn't blame them. Maybe this would help American forces in Iraq in a joint campaign against terrorism.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Was is not the Kurds who help lead US forces from the north into Bahgdad???

And the reason it happen is because Turkey did not let us attack from Turkey, or use Turkey as a base to refuel and send missions from...

SO why is turkey getting the benifit of the doubt...

And your title is misleading, there is no country known as Kurdistan... they would be invadeing Iraq, fighting on Iraqi soil...

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

I am just going by what the title of the article stated. I believe that if there were a Kurdistan, it would help solve a lot of problems in Iraq, Turkey, and Iran.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

are you saying the people from turkey cant use the same excuse to attack terrorists?
like the US invaded Afganistan and Iraq and so on?

top topics

join