It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student tazed for not having id

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Student tazed for not having id

www.break.com

Apparently the heavy handed treatment of US students continues, This poor guy is heared screaming many times as the cops/security seem to use his defiance to keep using a tazer on him, a lot of students present and all are horrified.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
dailybruin.ucla.edu
www.prisonplanet.com
www.nbc11.com

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I found this video by accident of a student being tazered by UCLA cops, it shook me up quite a bit because of the violence of the clip, the cameraman as you will see is very nervous and wont go to close, as the guy shouts something about the patriot act, this has nothing to do with patriotism this is just brutality, this has to be stopped now for our childrens sakes. why is there no national news coverage on this?

www.break.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15/10/2007 by azzllin]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I cant watch videos like these because I get so angry and upset, but I can imagine it from what you write.

Not sure what to say really. Another sign of the times.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
If you check the date this is from 2006.

Anyway, I wonder if we need some kind of rallying cry to spur people at the scene to action. If they all rushed the cops they could certainly disarm them, or something.

Is that ill-advised? I don't know - if the cops were armed, they might fire out of fear. I wonder how they're trained to react in that case? Would they ever consider releasing the subject and fleeing the scene? Do they have any inkling that what they're doing is over the top; wrong; illegal?

What's also surprising is that the fact that in this case and the Kerry lecture case, being filmed doesn't seem to faze the cops in the least.

This tells me the mandate to react with a higher level of force comes from the top. I wonder if they're being trained to react like this?

Surely, somewhere these are being used as training videos.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

Surely, somewhere these are being used as training videos.

...and that's the scary part.

Not only this kind of action are being frequent, but seems to be the new "rule" to put repression in action.

There's too much fear around nowdays. That has to stop.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
uh, going by the description the guy was probably on meth..
it's his fault all the way.
cops did nothing wrong...
[/sarcasm]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Tell ya what... those students should have jumped those PIGS and tasered them silly. This is complete BS! They taser the guy, which renders his muscles virtually useless then demand he stand up, when he cannot (For obvious reasons) they taser him again. The more they taser him the less responsive his muscles become. It's a paradox!

I think it's time to remove these devices from these sick, twisted fascists! God help them if I'm ever present while doing this to someone like this. Rest assured, I will jump in an aid the poor indiviual and hope that otheres follow. I've had enough of this jack-booted police state

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin

I found this video by accident of a student being tazered by UCLA cops, it shook me up quite a bit because of the violence of the clip,

There is only one problem here and it is not the cops; it is the individual resisting the cops he got what he deserved.

I doubt he would not have been tazered had he followed their instructions and stood up.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by shots

So this is the way is going to be Shots, you do as the authorities tell you or you will be deal with tazer at will.

Is this the America you or me wants?

[edit on 15-10-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
"May I zee your papers please!"

Welcome to your friendly neighborhood police state, brought to you by bootlickers everywhere.

As we can see again, there are people who will support this nonsesne no matter how ridiculous it gets, because they identify with/cannot question authority figures.

The same people who brought you the Gestapo and the Stasi and the SAVAK are with us today, and posting in these very threads.

[edit on 10/15/07 by xmotex]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

TRhe same people who brought you the Gestapo and the Stasi and the NKVD are with us today, and posting in these very threads.

You know what the real issue here is xmotex, it has nothing to do with terrorism at all, the terrorism scare was just the excuse for what is now happening.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The (phony) War On Terrorism has never been anything but a ruse to spread fear, centralize power, and get us thinking of ourselves as subjects - not citizens.

Much like the (phony) War on Drugs...

After all, if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear from the police survellance camera in your bedroom and the daily body cavity search

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

So this is the way is going to be Shots, you do as the authorities tell you or you will be deal with tazer at will.

Marg this is no differant then it has been for centuries civilians have always been told to obey the police so do not try and change it, just because it envolves tazers.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
I doubt he would not have been tazered had he followed their instructions and stood up.

you doubt it huh?
well thats nice........

this is the line of thinking i can't get on with. i thought we were supposed to question authority.
again, that don't mean make with the curse words and right hooks when a cop says do something...
i can assure though, if the cops yell at me to 'get down', the only way would is if i did something wrong.
if i am just minding my own biz, screw that.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
i can assure though, if the cops yell at me to 'get down', the only way would is if i did something wrong.
if i am just minding my own biz, screw that.

You see it is attitutudes like that which lead to situations such as this. The right thing to do is comply with the orders first and ask questions later and then file complaints if warrented.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This video was actually discussed here a while ago, the week it happened.

Here's the thread for it, in case anyone is wondering:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

apc

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
shots' mindset is quite common I have found, and it is exactly what is allowing this embarrassment to justice to continue. People actually believe that every single time someone is shot with a Tazer, a weapon capable of causing death, they deserved it.

It won't be until someone close to them is killed for "not cooperating" that they change their mind. Well, one can hope.

boondock
can assure though, if the cops yell at me to 'get down', the only way would is if i did something wrong.

This would be a bad idea. I mean when someone yells get down, I usually at least duck.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
How much do you want to bet he did the "F--K YOU PIG I DONT NEED NO F--KING ID CARD, GO EAT A DONUT NAZI THUG STORMTROOPER" line?

If people would just stop acting like a$$holes then maybe they wouldent get tazed. Try it sometime, be polite and respectful and you could very well get away with anything thats not a felony.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I watched the first minute or so of this video and I'm already shaking. Like someone above me said, I can not stand to watch these videos because it is a perfect example of

might over right

And why was the officer demanding that he stand up again? Tasers are used to decapacitate people when they're fighting back, not to brutally torture someone for misbehaving. After you are tazed a good number of times your muscles are literally jello thus making it impossible to stand up.

Rude or not, this is sheer police brutality and abuse of power. NO ONE deserves this sort of treatment. And was the student black? And the officers white? I think so. Hmmm.. red flag right here.

Something I can not understand is the fact that the other students, a mass of them, are standing there pleading for the officers to stop when clearly their cries are unheard.

It's something called moral courage, fighting for something that's right even if it means getting your ass tased. Step up; if you see something that is clearly unjust, well stop standing there and watching because you're too scared to make a sacrifice for someone else.

With that many people, the students could have easily overrun the cops with sheer force. That would've made headlines and started a reform against police brutality, don't you think?

Okay, maybe I'm being a little too idealistic...

Edit//

Here is the full article about it

As Tabatabainejad was dragged out of the room by two officers, he screamed, “I’m not fighting you! I said I would leave!” He was pulled into the foyer of the library, where he fell down the stairs after being shocked again.

While incidents of police abuse are nothing new, the number of abuses involving Taser weapons is rising sharply. Amnesty International released a report in March stating that since its introduction in 2001, 152 deaths have followed the use of the latest Taser weapons by police in the US. There have been several dozen since that time, bringing the total to around 200. Most of these deaths involved unarmed subjects, many of whom received multiple shocks while already restrained.

I just looked it up and read it. He is Iranian, not black. My bad. And the students did protest afterwards.

This is outrageous.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Paresthesia]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Please continue the discussion in the existing thread. Thank you!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join