It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore is wrong on global warming

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
FYI:

Global warming is real and it is not being caused by humans/animals or our gaseous exhaust systems.

All of the planets in our solar system are experiencing global warming. The sun is at a solar minimum yet we have seen record-breaking, never-before-seen X class CME's.

Ask yourself why is this happening? Do we have SUV's or chloroflorocarbon emitting factories on Jupiter, Neptune or Mars? Nope. Man is not the cause and our puny addition of some carbon, nitrogen and other "green-house" gases is miniscule and of little consequence to what is really happening.

What we are seeing is merely the first act; a prelude of things to come. We are not causing "global warming" and there is nothing that we can do to curb or stop what is happening or what will occur in the near future. It is a galactic event that will culminate in a "cleansing" by fire as foretold in many ancient stories/myths/legends/religions.

Wishing you all a speedy termination of existence
(buddhist joke - if you don't get it - get enlightened quick),

Euclid

[edit on 15-10-2007 by euclid]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by euclid

All of the planets in our solar system are experiencing global warming. The sun is at a solar minimum yet we have seen record-breaking, never-before-seen X class CME's.

Ask yourself why is this happening? Do we have SUV's or chloroflorocarbon emitting factories on Jupiter, Neptune or Mars? Nope. Man is not the cause and our puny addition of some carbon, nitrogen and other "green-house" gases is miniscule and of little consequence to what is really happening.

I have read of Jupiter undergoing recent climate change but was unaware other planets are facing the same thing. Can you link to any reliable (scientific, not religious) sources please?

Could you be less obscure, what do you think is happening?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by myowncrusade
Let us suppose for a minute that "Global Warming" is a conspiracy, as oppose to a general scientific consensus of human influence on our planet?

What would anyone have to gain from this 'fearmongering'?

Watch The Great Global Warming Swindle, which aired on the UK Channel 4 earlier this year, and all will become clear for you.

In a nutshell, the 'gains' stem from the competing for funding in the scientific community and how they will miss out on future support if their findings don't support the global warming bandwagon. The more dramatic you can spin the figures, the more attention your scientific research will draw. There is so much money and reputation involved, they talk of death threats.

The crux of the matter is that when the industrialised world increased carbon emissions, world temps actually went down over those periods - so much for the Greenhouse Effect. They showed that temperature variation is caused more by solar activity (in conjunction with clouds of course) - not CO2. According to the documentary, CO2 only represents 0.54% of the total Earth's atmosphere - and only a tiny proportion of that is attributable to humans. CO2 is proven irrelevant. The interviewees are all professors from various universities, from NASA, from Greenpeace, past editors of New Scientist magazine. This is no ramshackle 'Loose Change'-style conspiracy doco. I am hoping the ATS membership will watch this show and hopefully open one's eyes to what is going on here.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Let us suppose for a minute that "Global Warming" is a conspiracy, as oppose to a general scientific consensus of human influence on our planet?

That is easy!

The NWO has been trying to put in place a Global Government for decades. Slowly but surely they have been succeeding. Now we need U.N. approval to do just about anything.

Global warming by definition becomes a Global Problem. The end result is that the only way to solve the problem is with a unified global response. The only way to enforce such a response is with a global government.

Global warming may be THE missing piece the NWO has been lacking for all these years -a reason they can justify to create a global government.

After all, if all nations sign on the to Kyoto treaty, who is going to enforce it?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing

Watch The Great Global Warming Swindle, which aired on the UK Channel 4 earlier this year, and all will become clear for you.

I did watch that programme. A little bit of research the same night proved most of it's claims to be baseless and it's science no less flawed than that of the much larger majority of scientists who disagree.

It's a wiki so should not be considered gospel in any way but this link may help you appreciate my understanding of that programme's bias:
en.wikipedia.org...

So if they are all just doing it for the funding then we will get clearer answers alot quicker presumably? Unless they are all lying cowboy scientists?

Sounds like a win-win to me.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Right on!

I don't really don't care for the Goracle and the global warming religion that continue to gain converts.
I never voted for him and he is a pompaus ass for saying he invented the internet.
He has no credibility on issues pertaining to what he preaches because he never cares to debate the issues with his nay sayers.

However, I'll give him credit where credit is due only because he is making people aware of the matter.
Planet Earth should not be abused in any, but come on, there are way too many people that put too much focus on trying to save The Planet when they should be concentrating their efforts more on trying to save the World from Muslim Extremists that want to destroy the advancements of modern civilization.

Facts are these:
Al Gore's SUV driving disciples don't care about Global Warming
Plato talked about Global Warming back in 400 BC
Yes, the polar ice caps are melting, but also on MARS!

Perhaps the phrase Global Warming should be changed to Solar Warming instead.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
myowncrusade:

Bah,those critics are just getting prissy because someone is taking a dump on their front lawn and they don't like it. Notice a lot of that reaction in the Wiki comes from the media itself. This is because it's the media DRIVING THE BANDWAGON! Again, I have to refer to page 6 of this PDF from the CIA that says:

"PAO [Public Affairs Office] now has relationships with reporters from every major wire service, newspaper, news weekly, and television network in the nation. This has helped us turn some intelligence failure stories into intelligence success stories, and it has contributed to the accuracy of countless others. In many instances, we have persuaded reporters to postpone, change, hold, or even scrap stories that could have adversely affected national security interests or jeopardized sources and methods."

You simply cannot trust the media. Especially their spokespeople. I trust the intestinal fortitude of the scientists on the Global Warming Swindle anyday.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by RiotComing]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
ohhh wooow. One scientist says that global warming ins't real. He is now the minority on this subject. Thousands of respectable scientists agree that global warming is real and is a threat to the human race. I think you'ld have to be ignorant or stupid to not see the FACT that global warming is a problem and a threat and needs to be addressed.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

Oooooh the CIA. I stand corrected. :p

Haha just messing. That programme was at least 70% bs tho.

I thought it was the scientists after their extreme funding for Ferraris, hookers and coke that was driving the bandwagon, now the media are in on it too?

[edit on 15-10-2007 by myowncrusade]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think we need to forget politics on this issue. It annoys me when I hear the "Al Gore!" bla bla bla. He is not a scientist as far as I know, and I really don't want to be dragged into the whole US debate involving politics. This discussion is a World issue. The fact is that, the majority of respected World scientists agree with the stance on man-made global warming, with or without Al f***ing Gore. Can it be such a bad thing to stop polluting our environment? If not, then why don't you take dump on your front lawn the next time you need to go?. I really have no hope for people sometimes.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osyris
ohhh wooow. One scientist says that global warming ins't real. He is now the minority on this subject. Thousands of respectable scientists agree that global warming is real and is a threat to the human race. I think you'ld have to be ignorant or stupid to not see the FACT that global warming is a problem and a threat and needs to be addressed.

You're the ignorant one - and I can prove it.

The scientists aren't saying that Global Warming isn't real - it is VERY REAL. If you listen carefully, they say that yes it is happening, it is part of the natural life of the Earth and they explain why. Their issue is with the human influence (carbon emissions) and they prove why it has little / zero effect and also say that CO2 only represents about 0.54% of the total Earth atmosphere and only a tiny proportion of that is attributable to humans. They DON'T rule it out that humans don't contribute - they do, but in a small small way. They are saying the Global Warming debate is being so overly dramaticised because there's a lot of $$$$$ and pressure (their jobs are on the line) to create climate change models that show dramatic results when the variables are shifted even slightly - can produce terrifying apocalyptic scenarios.

I loathe repeating myself, but sometimes it just has to be done.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

LMAO yes lets all be afraid of the terrorist. Lets not see that wars and enemies come and go. And lets not see that while we may not ruin the earth for life in general, but we are ruining it for our spiecies. the potential loss of life from global warming, NOT terrorism could be in the billions. I'd have to say that the long term survival of the human race is more important then the terrorist threat that is pushing us towards totalitarianism.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by myowncrusade

Ok, this proves you are unable to seriously and sensibly discuss the smokescreen behind the bandwagon and understand the inner machinations going on here. I'm done with this.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

No disrespect but you came back with a PDF by the CIA about the media?

Pretty random and irrelevant, hence my tongue in cheek reply.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Here are just 4 references:

www.timesonline.co.uk...
www.livescience.com...
web.mit.edu...
news.nationalgeographic.com...

I have saved many more in the past several years in PDF on my NAS repository. But will not post them as I do not want to get into any copyright issues. But I have several terbytes (yes terabytes) of data that I have been compiling, since the internet was young, that pertain to this and many other issues of relevence.

I am sorry if I seem obscure but I am being as direct and to the point as I can; any obscurity is due to the reader not having a common point of reference to what I am writing. In short the reader must do their own ratiocination..... if they are capable of it.

I am a firm believer that people should seek the truth for their self.... do their own research. It is rather irksome to me that many "people/things" on this board expect others to do research for them.

What is happening is simple:

1. Our solar system is approching what is called the "galactic plane"; a very real and readily accepted fact among astro-physicists. (They only differ on what exactly its effects will be for the planets and our solar system)

2. The galactic-plane is caused by the super-massive black hole at the center of our galaxy. When a black hole becomes that size it flattens into a toroid -like shape and causes a sort of "gravitation ripple" space-time that extends well beyond the rim of the galaxy. It has gravitational effects on all the gases and heavenly bodies within the galaxy. It keeps them from flying off into space outside the gravitation influence of the flattened-gravitational plane (i.e. the galactic plane). It also causes things to sort of bounce around off of each other from time to time. Some thing we will be experiencing soon enough.

3. The effects/affects this plane has on our solar system should be apparent already due to the gravitational influence. The solar system, in essence, is passing through a black hole (hence the reason the Maya call it "the Dark Rift") but not the black hole's event horizon itself which is at the center of the galaxy.

4. Astronomical effects: lensing effects, space-time anomolies; planetary effects: magnetic pole shifts, crazy weather patterns; planetary effects in the future: a geographic pole shift, more devasting weather and earth changes (entire continents or portions of continents may sink, land masses folding near fault lines and entire cities disappearing under ground), tsunamis several thousand feet high.

5. Our solar system from time to time passes through this plane and it's effects/affects have been recorded in various myths/legends/religions; they were survivors of the past cataclysm. The reader should heed their warnings (but please stay away from the tree-hugger interpretations of things to come - it will not be pretty, it will not be fun).

As you can imagine there are a plethora of articles I would need to reference when it is very easy for the reader to do this on their own. I will provide some pointers for those who will seek:

1. Read the ancient texts and study all the religions you can.
2. Remember that those who first handed down these stories were advanced like we are and their story became mangled in the conduit of time.
3. Become familiar with as much science as your mind can handle - but remember science is not truth - it can only quantify, catalog and observe. It does not supply answers. It can only describe in a "very poor approximation" the mechanics of "things".
4. Combine.

What happens? Basically the end of the world as we know it. Many of you will die.... there will be a few survivors and they will rebuild society. Essentially human evolution will be "reset". The strong (and/or smart) will survive. Hurry, not much time.

Happy endings,

Euclid

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
Can't wait for all the global cooling theories..... they should be fun!!!!!

I don't like to use the generalized term "Global Warming" when discussing the heating/cooling cycles of the Earth. There is of course the cycles the Earth goes through with heating and cooling, it's the balance of nature.

HOWEVER, I dislike when people want to say humans are not affecting the environment. We do release so much Carbon/Dangerous Chemicals that the air is becoming toxic, as is the water.

When linking humans and Global Warming, I believe we are favoring the changes that are going on by helping speed it up (maybe not by a considerable amount) but you can't be ignorant to the way the sun's rays hit the Earth and can become trapped by all the pollutants in the atmosphere.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Should it matter.

Whatever the reason becoming more energy efficient and environmentally conscience is a good thing.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by myowncrusade

No it's NOT irrelevant. If you saw ANY of The Great Global Warming Swindle you would know that the media plays a major role / responsibility in propogating the hype. The jobs of the science reporters are on the line. Similarly, if there's anything that speaks out against these agendas, the media will naturally rally against it.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by G-Man.usa

36% includes all the crevices and cracks that also leak volcanic like poisons into the oceans and allow basalt build ups. Eventually you built up enough basalt and you have another undersea volcano, so I am just foretelling the future with that.

You kind of prove my point when you mention the thousand year changes due to orbits of the earth, sun and other planets. Its not just what going on in our back yard, but what is going on in the neighborhood that affects all life here on earth. We need to be cognoscente of that and just not point fingers at you, me and everyone else. There are thousands of variables that go into such a complex issue as this. I am not saying we can't just live cleaner lives, what I am hinting at is, NO MATTER what we do, does it really matter? Everyone could live a green life going forward, spend thousands of dollars to do it and what if nothing improves? What do we tell our kids? Hey, sorry we spent all the money, we thought we were doing good for the world. What happens if we reduce emissions on automobiles to ZERO, reduce emissions on planes to ZERO, require factories to go solar and generate all electricity through wind power and the temperatures continue to rise, hurricanes continue to form in the Atlantic ocean and GOD FORBID, the ice in Antarctica continues to melt? When do we admit we were wrong? How many billions of dollars would it take to finally realize, hey...it really is the Earth heating up and cooling down on its own.

What happens if we find out that by not extruding the petroleum thats deep inside the earth actually poisons the earth? What would you say if the oil is there so we can use it, that we need to use it or else it poisons the earth? ( I AM NOT SAYING THIS!..DON'T TURN MY WORDS AROUND). I am just saying what if? We make all these assumptions about this planet, a planet hundreds of millions years old based on assumptions conceived over the last 30 years. How presumptive are we? Everyone talks about GW Bush being full of ego and stuff, but don't you feel it a little presumptuous of US humans to be making rash decisions about the earth like that?

I am not saying we should continue to live life the way we are......everyone could do more to keep the world cleaner and more beautiful, I am just saying.....don't throw the baby out with the bath water.....and make sure you take the baby out of the tub before you recycle the water......

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   

What does anyone gain from fearmongering? Getting naive people to pay attention to a cause they otherwise wouldn't.

If you really want me to figure this out for you ...

1 - Al Gore makes a living from this.
2 - Environmental groups get their cause headlined all over the world helping them make tons of money and get people to take actions they wouldn't normally have done.

Come on. Were you one of the ones claiming Bush used fearmongering about iraqi WMD's to justify the war? Did you agree with Bush using those methods to justify the war? No? Well, then how can you agree with Gore & Company also using the same fearmongering to push their agendas? Oh, is it OK for Gore because they've convinced you to believe in their cause? Light coming on?

[edit on 10/16/2007 by centurion1211]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join