It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore is wrong on global warming

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
reply to post by scientist

'clearly not a scientific experiment, and another shining example of the extremism and hyperbole that go hand in hand with this global warming lie.'

'Global warming lie?' Now who's an example of extremism and hyperbole exactly? heh! Jeez...

Jimbo

if you had made a point, this is where I would have elaborated. But you didn't, so I wont.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Whichever way this ends it can only be a good thing to encourage people to take better care of their enivironment, pollute less and recycle more.

Sadly most down right refussal to acknowledge it is even a problem is driven by economic motives.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
which brings me back to one of my original points - the main part of this hoax is to convince people that THEY are the reason for pollution.

This simply is not the case. If the industry reformed (including the auto industry) pollution could be cut drastically. By telling everyone it's the public's responsibility to recycle and etc (as opposed to manufactures using more eco-friendly materials) it absolves blame from those who are truly at fault.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Look ma! another thread on "global warming"... :shk:

Actually, I got the idea it was more about Al Gore than Global Warming.

Hollyweird loooooooooves the guy so they give him an Oscar - even though his movie is full of bunk.

The euro-centric anti-Americans looooooooove the guy so they give him the Nobel Prize - even though Gore's theory is a crock.

It's all Gore - all the time. (and I do mean 'gore' both ways)

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

Well, It isnt just hurricanes that is the problem sherlock. When 30.000 year old ice melts on the pole, its pretty obvious that something have happened the last few years ??

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Who cares if Gore's wrong? He got scoreboard on his haters. He wins, you lose, live with it and stop
!

If he's wrong, then nothing bad will happen, but if he's right, he got the message out to a lot of people. It's win-win.

Just the word "Gore" is enough to trigger a stampede in the herd.

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
If he's wrong, then nothing bad will happen, but if he's right, he got the message out to a lot of people. It's win-win.

NO! that is so far from accurate, I don't know where to begin. Nothing bad will happen? Uh... loss of MORE choices (freedom), market regulation, taxes, etc. come on! Open your eyes, just a little!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
May be so, but in my eyes there are bigger fish to fry right now. Global warming, real or not, is just more fuel for partisan diversion and division. I won't buy into it.

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
May be so, but in my eyes there are bigger fish to fry right now. Global warming, real or not, is just more fuel for partisan diversion and division.

i can agree with you on that 100%

making an issue out of nothing, and then dividing people about said fabricated issue is the modus operandi.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tep200377

30,000 year old ice? You means its not millions and millions of years old? Maybe its left over from the last real cooling period. Maybe you figured it out. Its a 30,000 year cycle. We are now at the end of one and the beginning of a nother one. Its actually ice that is sitting on top of ice that is sitting on top of ice. Cycles of ice, cycles of life. No one around now, was around then, we just don;t know what happend 30,000 years ago do we. That leads to theories and speculation. Which inadvertantly leads there to be people to find fault with the way we live life today.

I think it is safe to save that no one knows exactly why the earth ehats and cools, but its pretty obvious from all the findings, that this is not the first time it has happend. Why must it be someone's fault? Why can;t it just be the natural progression of the living earth?

Does someone always have to be blamed for everything? IF a tree falls in the forest, is it really my fault because I use too much paper printing ATS posting out at work to read on the train ride home?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

explains it all, imho.

just in case anyone's interested here is a summary of GW threads:

this religiously devoted carbon dioxide bashing madness has to stop somewhere, you're making first class fools out of yourselves if you swallow the reduction of ecological issues to CO2 emissions, because the evidence is there, you're just unwilling to consider it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

do whatever you want, you'll only have yourselves to blame once you'll be air-taxed out of existance while fuel crops keep food prices on the rise - for nothing, i might add, see: www.abovetopsecret.com...

PS: consider yourselves warned. reading a few posts up and down throughout the threads i linked might be good practice, because i don't really believe that farming links serves any purpose if you're not really willing to look in the first place.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377

Well, It isnt just hurricanes that is the problem sherlock. When 30.000 year old ice melts on the pole, its pretty obvious that something have happened the last few years ??

True,maybe "something" is happening. But who has really proven that it was caused by us? Again, the tide of scientific thought is turning against blaming mankind for these changes. And exactly how do we go about fixing a problem caused by non-human activities - such as solar radiation, cosmic rays, or whatever it turns out to be?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
they are really doing so tremendous work with soy.

Tell that to my taste buds!!!

BEEF, it's what's for dinner. We all gotta die sometimes.

I for one think global Warming will happen no matter what anyone does much less worrying about cows floating air biscuits while they munch on grass. MMooooooo

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
walking to the shops worse than going by car

Professor Ian Clark, an expert in palaeoclimatology from the University of Ottawa, claims that warmer periods of the Earth's history came around 800 years before rises in carbon dioxide levels.

after the Second World War, there was a huge surge in carbon dioxide emissions, yet global temperatures fell for four decades after 1940.

The UN report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change was published in February. At the time it was promoted as being backed by more than 2,000 of the world's leading scientists.

But Professor Paul Reiter, of the Pasteur Institute in Paris, said it was a "sham" given that this list included the names of scientists who disagreed with its findings.

Professor Reiter, an expert in malaria, said his name was removed from an assessment only when he threatened legal action against the panel.

Gary Calder, a former editor of New Scientist, claims clouds and solar activity are the real reason behind climate change.

"It is ridiculous to see politicians arguing over whether they will allow the global temperature to rise by 2c or 3c." Philip Stott, emeritus professor of biogeography at the School of Oriental and African Studies in London

Carbon Dioxide is essential to all life on earth (Carbon Monoxide is toxic)
CO2 enrichment in Australia

I'm afraid to make some real conclusions... cause of the propaganda:
*When there are both negative and positive factors before the audience, it makes it difficult to make judgement (Afghanistan)
*argumentation of interpretation (bioterror described as a result of Ben Laden and Iraq actions)
*show your own view of the enemy
*The more negative/positive detalization of an object the further/closer will be this object (negative news over Iraq, speech of Ben Laden)
*choose the most harmless asshole and start relating to him with seriousness, and he will look as the protagonist (THAT could be him - AL GORE )
*control the history, which is in terms WE -THEY, this will get to RIght - Wrong

[edit on 15-10-2007 by silencee]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

al gore never really impressed me as 1 i'd trust-----something like the personality of bill clinton's ideas of what sex is for us but not sex for him or is that vice versa?--------these politicians are all about the same-----smooth talkers very few honest ones left i think! cycles yes and not just variations but switching around areas------last winter where i am was like the north poles weather flipped down to n.e. canada and our normal winters flipped up there.the winter before last there was no winter here----never in my life do i recall a winter? like that one-----it was like our normal fall all winter-----it was great.and i hope we get the same again this winter--------i just hope the polar bears can get to go where they'll be happy!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
By telling everyone it's the public's responsibility to recycle and etc (as opposed to manufactures using more eco-friendly materials) it absolves blame from those who are truly at fault.

So you are happy to throw your aluminium can's into a hole in the ground rather that recyle them? What do you suggest we replace paper with?

Of course it lies at our feet to do something about it. We are consumers. Supply - Demand and all that. The manufacturers only make what we ask them to, and they do it as cost effectively as possible.

You can ask, but they are not going to come round your house and ask for yesterday's newspaper because they REALLY need it to make tomorrow's. Not throwing it in a bin to to be dumped in a landfill for several thouasnd years IS your responsibility, and mine and the next guys and his sisters.
To not even attempt to make a difference is laziness in extremis. (not accusing anyone, just saying)

[edit on 15-10-2007 by myowncrusade]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Sure, we have record warming heats, and there's no such thing is global warming. I live in CA and it has never been this hot before. It rains like 5 times a year now and we have a big drout. I remeber a few years ago when it was raining like crazy in the winter.

And yea, didn't a big chunk of Antartica broke apart into the ocean recently. Pretty soon Alaska will be as warm as how CA use to be. I'll be moving there.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What is so hard to understand that CO2 traps heat, which is causing global warming. Try sitting in your car with the windows rolled up in the sun. "Greenhouse effect", hello!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Traderonwallst - you're generalizations are pretty impressive, but lack depth.

We might be at the bottom of a "trough" in global temperatures, but the cycle you're so enamored with is caused by changes in the Earth's orbit and occurs over thousands of years - quite different from the scale of change we have seen happening since the industrial revolution.

Also, I don't think 36% of the ocean floors are covered with volcanoes etc. - at least I'm sure of that from my university oceanography program (and the maps of the sea floor I have on my walls). You assume that there is a huge amount of basalt being extruded, and I'm sure there is, but it would not have such an effect on sea levels. Subduction zones carry material back into the earth and areas like the mid-atlantic and pacific ridges push plates apart. The rate at which this happens will not lead to sea level rises that are predicted.

There was a mention of people using solar power to carry out things which released CO2 - I'd love some examples of that!

Personally, I prefer the term climate change as opposed to global warming (even though that is what's happening). Having studied as an environmental biologist and having a post graduate degree and training in environmental law, I have approached the subject from all angles for about 10 years. Whether or not you believe it's man's fault or not, we should all live by the precautionary principle. It's just dumb to ignore what seems to be happening! I appreciate that climate change is far more complicated than the scenarios we can accurately model, but doing nothing is just absurd, and targeting people like Al Gore for doing something positive is just lame.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Let us suppose for a minute that "Global Warming" is a conspiracy, as oppose to a general scientific consensus of human influence on our planet?

What would anyone have to gain from this 'fearmongering'?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join